Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 06-30-2009, 04:34 PM

Vista is on a distinguished road

There are many elementary, middle and high schools (and colleges) in the USA that teach beginning French language. I suspect that some instructors use music as part of their teaching technique.

What would be the most efficient method to make French language instructors aware of Alizee music (both aural and visual) as a method to teach the language?

What about searching for school web sites that have a French language program and emailing Alizee music links (and links to French lyrics of Alizee songs) to associated department heads and individual instructors? (As many of you know, AlizeeAmerica.com has an excellent reference library of Alizee music videos and lyrics, in French and English.)
Old 06-30-2009, 05:02 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Interesting idea. We have at least 2 French immersion schools here and I will look into contacting them and see if they would be interested. I think I've seen one or two posts here or on another Alizée fan site talking about how her music was played in a French class. Since exposure to French is more intense in an immersion school, I would think there would be more of an opportunity for this to work in such a school.

http://www.edina.k12.mn.us/normandale/

http://frenchimmersion.spps.org/
Old 06-30-2009, 05:12 PM

Google keyword search: french immersion shools
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=f&oq=&aqi=g10

Altavista
http://www.altavista.com/web/results...ls&kgs=1&kls=0

Dogpile
http://www.dogpile.com/dogpile/ws/re...7?_IceUrl=true

Metacrawler
http://www.metacrawler.com/metacrawl...7?_IceUrl=true

Last edited by Vista; 06-30-2009 at 05:16 PM.. Reason: Added additional links.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:17 PM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vista View Post
There are many elementary, middle and high schools (and colleges) in the USA that teach beginning French language. I suspect that some instructors use music as part of their teaching technique.

What would be the most efficient method to make French language instructors aware of Alizee music (both aural and visual) as a method to teach the language?
Good idea, which reminds me I had the Benny Benassi JPVA remix played at an event in my school (sorry If I already mentioned it ), which has a french program.
I never took any french course, but I know that the students think they are boring, not many of them are interested in the French language.
I think the best method to make French language instructors aware of Alizee music is by providing them with CDs. This would work best if you are involved in the course or school, of course.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:39 PM

Alex is on a distinguished road

I also think it's a very good idea. Vista and Edgar have a ponit; "What would be the most efficient method to make French language instructors aware of Alizee music (both aural and visual) as a method to teach the language? ", and that its true most French learners dont pay attention to the class bacuase it seems boring and not interesting.
By being able to give out these videos they could inlcude like said before, original music videos with English and French Subtitles so students may see both ways and meanings. I am pretty sure it would be something new in the classroom and students would really pay attention to the "new lessons". We would just have to leave them in the teachers' mailbox at school including info about the source and how it would help the students in learning. Pretty good idea Vista.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:50 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

i dont' know how important the French language is in getting Alizee here.. i mean, i don't speak of word of it, and Im an addict, whereas i've taken 4 years of Spanish, and am a native speaker of Korean.. but don't listen to Spanish or Korean music.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:18 PM

@wasabi622:
I would suspect a French instructor might use Alizee music to make the French language more interesting. My (our) intent is to provide a greater exposure to Alizee through a viral marketing technique of sorts. I would assess the technique as being successful if only several students of each class developed an interest in Alizee and her music; and those students could in turn influence some of their friends, and so on.

Multiply this type exposure by many French instructors using Alizee music to enhance the students' interest and maybe Alizee's music career may be significantly enhanced in the USA... a win situation for all.

So, me personally, I am interested in promoting Alizee, not learning French in an academic sense.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:21 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I think you're right Vista, but anything that will get more exposure for Alizée is worth the effort and I think contacting French instructors is a great effort. I think trying to get radio stations to play her songs is something we should keep on trying. But the main focus here is to get someone to do a program about Alizée, that would have several of her songs in addtition to telling her story. It would get her the type of exposure in this country that could have great results. It could make her a household name.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:40 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I think you kind of missed the drift of this thread.
I didn't miss it I was just stating my opinion on what was said

the fact of the matter is that without new material it'll be a stretch to get new fans in the states and an even farther stretch for the media to do a story on her

Last edited by jung_adore_ALIZEE; 07-01-2009 at 07:18 AM..
Old 06-30-2009, 10:20 PM
Alizée's Future Soldier

AlizéeDuSiècle is on a distinguished road

thank you AI