Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Kiana Ledé - Ex

Alec Benjamin - Oh My God

Daniel Caesar - Blessed
Old 04-14-2020, 10:08 PM
Neutral Good

RedRafe is on a distinguished road

A little more “Scottishness”, “past” and “present”…

Stuck in the Middle with you - Stealers Wheel

Gerry Rafferty - Right Down the Line

Gerry Rafferty - Get It Right Next Time

Average White Band - Queen Of My Soul

Belle and Sebastian - There’s Too Much Love

Deacon Blue - Real Gone Kid (Official Video)

Wet Wet Wet - Love Is All Around (Official Video)

Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me)

Simple Minds - Sanctify Yourself

Always the last to know - del amitri

Amy Macdonald - Don't Tell Me That It's Over

Enjoy…
Old 04-22-2020, 11:21 PM
Neutral Good

Simply... "spellbinding"...

The Moody Blues - The Voice 1982

The Moody Blues - Your Wildest Dreams (Official Video)

The Moody Blues - I Know You're Out There Somewhere

The Moody Blues - Isn't Life Strange (lyrics)

Moody Blues - Isn't Life Strange

Blue Guitar - The Moody Blues

The Moody Blues - Melancholy Man 1970 (High Quality Audio)

Moody Blues / Forever Autumn

Enjoy...
Old 04-28-2020, 12:48 PM

joebanana is on a distinguished road

Old 04-29-2020, 10:16 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebanana View Post
I first heard the song when it was performed during Les Enfoires at the beginning of 2015. I really liked it and I looked for the official version, which came out in 2013 and I found Indilia's music video which was very good and I added it to my playlist.

At the time, I looked up the artist and the meaning of the song I'm quite sure I looked it up on Wikipedia. I use that site quite a lot and I donate to it every year. The story I remembered that song was telling was about a man she loved she was longing for and it also said it was about the racism and discrimination that a young immigrant woman faces in Paris. She herself was born in Paris but I think the story was about herself. In the end it showed Paris being destroyed.

Well later that year, we had the attack in Paris. The next year we had the attack in Nice, carried out by people who let's just say, weren't happy with France. After that, I just couldn't listen to the song anymore.
When I saw this song posted, I remembered the story, but decided to go back to Wikipedia to get my facts straight and what they had was a sanitized story of the song. There was no mention of racism or discrimination. Though there was mention of a storm, there was no mention of the destruction of Paris, a major part of the video. Why?

https://www.frenchlyricstranslations...lation-indila/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derni%...e_(Indila_song)

Old 04-29-2020, 08:13 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I first heard the song when it was performed during Les Enfoires at the beginning of 2015. I really liked it and I looked for the official version, which came out in 2013 and I found Indilia's music video which was very good and I added it to my playlist.

At the time, I looked up the artist and the meaning of the song I'm quite sure I looked it up on Wikipedia. I use that site quite a lot and I donate to it every year. The story I remembered that song was telling was about a man she loved she was longing for and it also said it was about the racism and discrimination that a young immigrant woman faces in Paris. She herself was born in Paris but I think the story was about herself. In the end it showed Paris being destroyed.

Well later that year, we had the attack in Paris. The next year we had the attack in Nice, carried out by people who let's just say, weren't happy with France. After that, I just couldn't listen to the song anymore.
When I saw this song posted, I remembered the story, but decided to go back to Wikipedia to get my facts straight and what they had was a sanitized story of the song. There was no mention of racism or discrimination. Though there was mention of a storm, there was no mention of the destruction of Paris, a major part of the video. Why?
I can understand how that tragedy would totally affect your emotions when hearing that song. I still feel a huge sense of horror when I think about those attacks. Paris has always been one of my favorite cities, and I’ve always had a great fondness for France, in general.
I, too, use Wikipedia a lot. I can’t imagine what caused them to alter the story. All I can think is that some kind of political agenda got in the way. It’s a terrible shame that so much information presented to the public is filtered through particular lenses. I prefer to let people make up their own minds about things, not have facts withheld from them.
Old 04-30-2020, 12:06 AM

joebanana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I found Indilia's music video which was very good and I added it to my playlist.

Me too.
I haven't analyzed this song in depth, so if you think there's something wrong with it, we can remove it.

Last edited by joebanana; 04-30-2020 at 12:29 AM..
Old 04-30-2020, 02:45 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebanana View Post
Me too.
I haven't analyzed this song in depth, so if you think there's something wrong with it, we can remove it.
No.....there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. It's a very good song. It's just after what happened in Paris, I can't watch that video without being reminded of what happened later. That's not the song's problem. That's my problem.
Old 04-30-2020, 04:07 AM
Neutral Good

The “attacks” on Paris were tragic, as are all such things, and “my heart”, as always goes out to our French “cousins”. The “Auld Alliance”, never “died”, in this “heart”. The "Scots", and the "French", will be “allies” forever. They may have “forgotten” us, we have never “forgotten” them...

<Google” this, if you need to>

I’m Scottish, you’ve probably noticed, but, when “push comes to shove”, I’m “British”, and an utterly unrepentant “Royalist”, (I’ve met the “Boss”, 3 times “officially”, buy me a Beer, and I will explain) and yeah, the “British Army”, (actually the “Royal Navy”, it’s “complicated”), “owns my soul, until I die”, I DON’T GET TO “RETIRE”, they call, I will still come “running”. I make no apologies for this…

Major RedRafe, is a “loyalist”, forever…

What I’m trying to say, in a terribly “long winded way”, is, that, I come from a “nation” that has been continually attacked by “freedom fighters”, “terrorists”, whatever you want to call them, it’s the same thing, “the same "shit”.

There is no “horror” here, there is no “fear” here, only a “steely” sense of “resolve”, and the understanding that “just retribution” will be “administered”, appropriately, in a “timely fashion”.

I was, very often, part of the “just retribution”…

‘nuff said there…

Our response is generally: ” “Fuck you all very much”, and our “response” will be “incoming”, very soon”, “and, you, will NOT enjoy it”…

Now, with reference to being “emotionally triggered” by such things, hmmm, I absolutely adore Sinéad O'Connor, god bless her “beautiful”, absolutely, totally “batshit –crazy”, “born again”, “Irish-Muslim” self...

Her music touches a “chord” deep inside me, especially her more, “rebel” stuff…

Now, make no mistake, I love the Irish, and have many Irish friends, that I consider to be “family”…

But I was frequently “active” in Northern Ireland, from 1984, onward, and I will never ever forget that period of my life…

<You want to “know”, buy the old RedFart a beer>

You want to encounter the “Old Grey Werewolf”, “play” that kind of stuff…

Sinéad O'Connor - Nothing Compares 2U [Official Music Video]

Sinéad O Connor - Sacrifice

Danny Boy - Sinead O Connor

Sinéad O'Connor - Three Babies (Official Video)

Sinead O'Connor - This is a Rebel Song

[B][I]

Sinead O'Connor - Oro Se do Bheatha Bhaile

Sinead O'Connor - One more day

Simple Minds & Sinéad O'Connor - Belfast Child (live)

Sinéad O'Connor - All Apologies [Official Music Video]

Sinéad O'Connor & The Chieftains - The Foggy Dew

The Cranberries - Zombie (Official Music Video)

You want to watch a pretty good, actually really quite “balanced” movie, check this out…

'71 Official Trailer #1 (2015) - Jack O'Connell War Movie HD

Watch all of the various “trailers”, and disregard all of the blatant propaganda “shite” from both sides…

I quote, from an impartial “outsider” : “For those thinking this movie is taking sides, it absolutely doesn't. Really, what I got was everyone loses. Everyone commits atrocities. And yeah, war sucks and it's never the solution to anything.”

You know what is really funny!?

My “soul mate”, my absolute utter “Goddess”, who I loved beyond “everything”, was an Irish, British Army Nurse, from “Bandit Country”, in Northern Ireland.

<Google it>

I know this is “heresy”, but, : Alizée = 15/10, but "Bernadette", aka "Bernie" -= 17.5 +/10. Yeah, I have mentioned her before, but it’s true…

Her “Mother” adored me, her “Father” and “Brother”, well, in our military “parlance” at that particular time, were probably “T’s”…

There was a movie, “Snatch”, that was popular at that time, (is still one of my “favourite” movies, it’s “fun”, go “check it out”), that they made a “present day” series of, that I presented a “quote” to them, at that time that kind of conveyed my “message” to them, at that “time”…

Do you know what Nemesis means?

Funnily enough, I had no “trouble” with them, and I was just “joking”…

<Was I really?!… >

Just call me"Nemesis"...

Kind of feels like Alizée, who is a “total stranger” to me, and always will be…

But, you know what I mean…

Please don’t “mess” with the “little” lady

Now, you know that I have the most absolute, utter, respect for everyone on this forum, and if I have offended anyone, at all, with this post, then, please “ban” me…

But this particular “subject”, is a “complicated” one, to me…

Enjoy the “playlist”, in the “spirit” it was posted in…

Respect…

Mark…

Last edited by RedRafe; 04-30-2020 at 05:48 PM..