Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 04-19-2008, 08:15 PM
Tical 808

Default Pidgin English

Just found this video and it got me real excited . It talks and explains a little bit about the Pidgin language. Not everyone knows this but it is a real language over here (Hawaii) and everyone uses it in on all islands. The lady is doing a comedy show so you can tell she's trying to speak it too hard but it still shows the slangs and stuff.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pElrghmZPq8&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pElrghmZPq8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Last edited by Tical 808; 04-20-2008 at 09:07 AM..
Old 04-20-2008, 12:43 PM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

hm, didnt know wtf she was talking about half the time. ill have to go to Hawaii some day and straighten those ladies out.
Old 04-20-2008, 04:48 PM
Alizée pour la vie

forgot_86 is on a distinguished road

Interesting to know, but seriously I can't imagine myself speaking like that. I can understand more than half of what she's saying........only with hard concentration
Old 04-20-2008, 05:00 PM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Cool

I was born in Hawaii. I wasn't raised there, because we moved to the mainland. My mother grew up there and studied hard to not speak pidgin. A family reunion a couple years ago, I bought a Pidgin English book (7th edition dictionary). Loaned it to my mom and she was cracking up all giddy when she flipped through pages. It brought back a lot of memeories. Nice post Tical.

Alizee: Wowww!
Old 04-20-2008, 05:06 PM
Tical 808

Thanks rcs, nice to know you're from here . But yea, pidgin is probably not the best language to speak outside of Hawaii. As you can see by my typing, I try to use perfect english, but it's hard sometimes since I never speak it
Old 04-20-2008, 05:32 PM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Cool Mahalo

We need to try to get Alizee in Hawaii.* She's been to Vegas and New York.* Can't see why she wouldn't want to be a tourist in Hawaii.* Imagine her in a hula skirt or cocnut shell bikini top.* To die for...

Alizee: Wowww!
Old 04-20-2008, 08:02 PM
Tical 808

If she came here I'd be so stoked. It would probably be my only chance of ever seeing her too.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:17 PM
Mon Truck Driver

JCC is on a distinguished road

HAHA! I grew up in Oahu & used to speak it alot in elementary and HS...then i moved to the States and lost it. A bunch of students in my HS even petitioned to make pidgin the 'offical' language... Some hawaiians only speak pidgin...
Old 04-21-2008, 02:04 AM
Tical 808

Pidgin is the BEST language. I'd teach it to you guys if I could
Old 04-25-2008, 10:16 PM
euuuhhhhh

Fish is on a distinguished road

Thrice- The Sky Is Falling
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iYepBmAkKxk&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iYepBmAkKxk&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>