Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Support

Old 10-04-2007, 11:02 PM
Alizée Lover!!!

Steven0022 is on a distinguished road

That really helps, thanks there marik. YOU'RE THE MAN!!!
Old 10-05-2007, 12:01 AM

marik is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven0022 View Post
That really helps, thanks there marik. YOU'RE THE MAN!!!
hehe np! man!
Old 10-05-2007, 10:19 PM

WyomingGrizFan is on a distinguished road

"1234567890*-
qwertyuıopğü
asdfghjklşi
zxcvbnmöç.

Above is the keyboard for Turkish "Q" keyboard. Do not ask me how I did it either. Has something to do with a conversion factor that I am going to have to go over and try to explain to myself just how I did that. That may take a while since I do not know what I just did!!! Besides which it starts from first utilizing the "Start" then going over that panel that shows up. Whatever. Onwards and upwards.

But anyways there is a way!!!

There is a program that converts some of the keystrokes as one types them in. This from English into Turkish as shown above. Very similar except for about six letters as one may notice. Have to get used to it. No commas and instead of a slash-question mark I get a "." Instead of a semi-colon I get a "ş."

I thought I would try something simple. Hence the Turkish alphabet. Next stop I think I will try the Ukrainian with a completely dıfferent alphabet. Hope I do not get lost!!!

Last edited by WyomingGrizFan; 10-05-2007 at 10:20 PM.. Reason: correction of spelling error
Old 10-05-2007, 10:47 PM

ASSDFFGGassddfghj!!'^+%+%&/!!'^^++é'^^++%%
Old 10-05-2007, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyomingGrizFan View Post
ASSDFFGGassddfghj!!'^+%+%&/!!'^^++é'^^++%%
how to use that Wyoming?

Old 10-05-2007, 11:17 PM

Ooops!!! I did not mean that really I did not. I do not know what got into me.

Actually, I was using this space provided in order to test something that went wrong on some of my entries on another site. Had to almost throw the computer out the window on that one!!!... in order to get it running again!!! Like in, my inadvertently holding the Shift Key down for over five seconds and a tiny little box shows up saying I blew it. I guess I made an entry without knowing it, sorry about that. Still trying to work out the bugs as such: still can not work without an apostrophe too well it seems. Boy, I better work on this!!!

Best regards.

P.S. - Something took place that prevented me from typing in numbers and capital letters but I finally got it worked out. Thanks again.

Last edited by WyomingGrizFan; 10-05-2007 at 11:20 PM.. Reason: Added information...
Old 10-05-2007, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyomingGrizFan View Post
Ooops!!! I did not mean that really I did not. I do not know what got into me.

Actually, I was using this space provided in order to test something that went wrong on some of my entries on another site. Had to almost throw the computer out the window on that one!!!... in order to get it running again!!! Like in, my inadvertently holding the Shift Key down for over five seconds and a tiny little box shows up saying I blew it. I guess I made an entry without knowing it, sorry about that. Still trying to work out the bugs as such: still can not work without an apostrophe too well it seems. Boy, I better work on this!!!

Best regards.

P.S. - Something took place that prevented me from typing in numbers and capital letters but I finally got it worked out. Thanks again.
i think its the sticky something i forgot what was called it but it has a sticky name on it! when you hold or press the shift 5 times
Old 10-05-2007, 11:47 PM

I think you are correct on that assessment there "marik." I guess I was taking too long on looking over my actual keyboard and checking out what letter it was supposed to have been since I had converted to the Turkish "Q" keyboard. Trying to find what key stroke would deliver an "ş" so to speak from a printed sheet. Took too much time evidently and the darn thing blew up on me!!!! I feel like a mad scientist in a laboratory!!!!

Oh well. Got it back to working again and that is the main thing I guess. I am definitely going to have to get better on this if I plan on converting to an Ukrainian keyboard!!! Just have to remind myself to convert back to the English keyboard otherwise I would get ç and ı and ğ and ü and ö. And I always get a ç when I tab for an English period. Amazing what people can come up with for a toy, this computer stuff.

Last edited by WyomingGrizFan; 10-05-2007 at 11:50 PM.. Reason: further explanation...
Old 10-06-2007, 02:27 AM

I suppose it would have been a lot easier if I had just scanned the Forum and found the thread that 'Supakrupa' started back in March. A lot of good postings therein that helped me out on the ALT+XXX and the links provided as well as the present one.

I came across this site:
http://tlt.its.psu.edu/suggestions/i...ds/winkey.html

...and used it, along with asking a few questions with some people I know that have a vocational career in Computer Science and combining the information together I subsequently was able to convert my key stroke to the Turkish 'Q' Keyboard. Like in doing so I had to...

1.a.) Go to that little green box in the left hand corner and tab 'start' → whatever that panel is officially called and tab 'Control Panel' → 1.b.)Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options → 1.c.)(under Control Panel Icon) tab 'Regional and Language Options; box should show up titled 'Regional and Language Options) wherein I have discovered about 116 different languages/dialects ranging from English to six types of French, Greek, Indonesian, Northern Sotho (?), Russian, 19 types of Spanish, Turkish, Ukrainian & Welsh to choose from; pick the one I want then tab 'Languages' above then another box shows up called 'Regional and Language Options' and I tab the box with the word 'Details' within it.
→ if I haven't missed anything up to this point all well and good I guess, then 1.d.) another box shows up entitled 'Text Services and Input Languages' wherein I tab the word 'Add' that lurks in another little box somewhere → 1.e.)...another box entitled 'Add Input Language' shows up & I tab O.K. & then something like tab the 'Language Bar...'→ 1.f.) then another O.K. in a box under the title of 'Text Services and Input Languages' → then I just tab O.K. whenever it shows up I guess → back to box 'Text Services and Input Languages' for another tab on an O.K. → 1.g.) box entitled 'Regional and Language Options' for another O.K. That should do it!!!
2.a.) The coup d'état is then to 'shut down' and re-boot the computer afterwards. Then turn the computer back on and then I'am supposedly in business using the desired language keyboard previously selected, as I previously did with the Turkish 'Q' keyboard. [I just have to 'google' the keyboard layout, print a copy so I don't get too confused and go from there]. Interesting.

If anyone tries to follow those above directions I wish ya luck!!!! I triple-checked it out but I still more than likely missed something; or otherwise, someone's computer system might be different. Gawd if I know what I'am using.

Last edited by WyomingGrizFan; 10-07-2007 at 08:38 PM.. Reason: Corrections...
Old 10-06-2007, 03:21 AM

Just my luck. I must have missed something. Now I'am back to English, at least I got that part correct, tried to switch to the Ukrainian keyboard but I can't duplicate the procedure somehow. Oh well, back to the drawing board I guess.

I think I'll go back and read the instructions. If all else fails etc. etc. etc.

Last edited by WyomingGrizFan; 10-06-2007 at 03:38 AM.. Reason: Corrections...