Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 03-22-2010, 04:40 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road
Talking Great job everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
WE COULD POOL OUR FAN-LETTER-WRITING PROWESSES TOGETHER!
I'm proposing we all put our best ideas together, translate 'em together, and send 'em all off together!
So we went from this small idea Chuck had, to a very well done and "as close to professional as one can get" open letter to Alizée.

On my part I want to thank everyone for getting the message to her that we exist and love her and her masterpieces, and that she will be with us forever.

Although she may have seen the final product, here is the copy that will be handed to Alizée on March 29th, 2010 at the Virgin Megastore Autograph Session for Une Enfant Du Siécle by ScruffyDog777.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:13 PM

ptjmwa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Eureka! An Idea Of A Bunch Of Ideas!

Guys & Gals,

On the Lillytown forum, on the discussions about the new album, some of the fans are nervous. Some of what they're saying was very surprising to me! Probably to some of you, too.

They're concerned for their girl, and her future career!

After her years of privacy, Alizée's comeback album "Psychedélices" was not considered a big success. In fact, they called it a commercial semi-failure.

And they're grateful for "The Mexican Miracle"** (their expression) for having saved her from the "yesterday's pop-stars trash bin" (my expression). (¡Gracias a todos nuestros miembros y amigos mejicanos!)

But they don't know if a Mexican Miracle will happen again, or if it'd even be enough to keep Wisteria Song in business....

To get to the point - they're actually hoping that this new album will be the one to break through for her in the US and Canada. Get it? We all want the same thing!

And it could very well happen, if we just sit back and write fan letters all day.

OR WE COULD POOL OUR FAN-LETTER-WRITING PROWESSES TOGETHER!

We've all had ideas for promotions and inroads. Ways to help more of the ignorant to become enlightened by Lilly, until enough are enlightened and she'd be compelled to do a US tour and play in (your town name here).

I'm proposing we all put our best ideas together, translate 'em together, and send 'em all off together!

...well, nobody said anything, so I guess I'll start:

Dear Miss Alizée,

We all (blahblahblah) adore you (blahblahblah) and (AlizeeAmerica.com) (blahblahblah)...

We want to help you to conquer the US. To that end, here are our top suggestions on how to wow the populace and take your rightful place as queen of the world:
(we can all edit this stuff later, too)

1) Be on Letterman. Or Ferguson, or even Kimmel, or O'Brian. Or Leno. Or all of 'em.
--stinky53, Toad Suck Dam, AR

2) Go on The View.
-- Pinky, Pocatello, ID

3) etc. etc. etc.

That could be the start, anyway. Just post your best ideas here, then we'll put 'em all together in a list. Within a week or so, I think we might really hit a few good ones. Then we'll convert it and post it. She couldn't help but to notice, somehow! Seriously.

And after some past marketing miscalculations (like Yoopidoo in english!), I don't see how our suggestions could be any worse. Maybe even better! Write your observations or opinions, your grandma's pork cake recipe, or whatever else you think might help soften up the squooshy minds of the American people.

Suggestions or further questions for our French counterparts will surely come up as well, I hope. We'll deal with that then.

Yes, this may sound like those groups of school kids that get to meet the president by writing a school letter. Well, yes. And they succeed--they get to meet the president! Hey this system works! But how many schools are there? A lot more that don't get to meet him, or attract anyone's notice, that's for sure. How many Alizée America forums are there? Just this one here that I'm writing at! Whaddya say?

**"The Mexican Miracle": After dismal initial sales, the disc and the star just suddenly caught on in Mexico, selling (? millions ?) of copies. I don't know how many, but it was a lot.
"the mexican miracle" can happen again. seriously no offense to mexican since I'm spanish-mexican and was born in mexico but anyone can get famous in Mexico. the most stupid songs become popular over there. like this song that keeps saying over and over i'm a cameleon. so if the disc fails there's always mexique.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:19 PM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptjmwa View Post
"the mexican miracle" can happen again. seriously no offense to mexican since I'm spanish-mexican and was born in mexico but anyone can get famous in Mexico. the most stupid songs become popular over there. like this song that keeps saying over and over i'm a cameleon. so if the disc fails there's always mexique.
Jaja I know exactly what you mean I visited my family in México and some of the songs there were so annoying that sometimes I just felt like going home or locking my self in a room just to escape the music. seriously EVERY car had the same stupid songs playing over and over again. It was worse than a radio!

But at least our Alizée found her way into their hearts as well

Old 03-22-2010, 07:33 PM

i hate mexican music...besides the cancion "te amo"
Old 03-27-2010, 03:10 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

@docdtv, I must apologize in that I do not know who does the booking of various events and maybe came off a bit presumptuous on that point. But the point has been made by others.

I do sympathize with her apparent eagerness since April 2009 to have fans soon hear the new album and understand that it would probably be difficult for her to continue after telling people soon and then soon doesn't really happen. But what can I say, it's not even a debate. We can see what results have occured. And yes, I agree that I've heard that Mylène doesn't do any of this kind of fan communication. That's been explained and it probably stems from when someone stormed into the record company, or where ever that was, demanding to see her and ended up killing someone. That's unimaginably horrible. I think she had more fan contact before that.

And yes, I think Alizée got the idea that it was possible to do popular music and act like Mylène. I don't know if it's possible for anyone to ever do that again. And for whatever reason Alizée wants to have people less interested in her private life. Well, ok, but if you don't have enough public life, what do you really expect? But even now, there is an interest in Alizée as a person or persona that is part of her appeal. There are guys who, not being highly appealing beautiful women, can not get the fans that Alizée has had no matter how hard they try or what they do. The greatest musicians in the world can not compete with the best of Alizée because Alizée has had now or in the past a certain kind of appeal that is much more than just the music and it's more than just her sex appeal too, though that is inflected by an appealing personality to a certain extent. The music makes a huge difference, but it's just not everything and if the rest gets neglected... it doesn't work well. And I do also mean live performances. I guess Alizée is just as good as she is, but she must try right?

That said, yeah, we must accept things the way they are. Alizée will do what she can and is willing and if that doesn't get 100,000 people to go to a concert like Mylène does, then one can only hope that instead of doing no concert like in the past that she will be able to do something (in France).

Here's the thing, Alizée has promoted herself, but mostly only as a special promotional push during the time that a new album is out and when it seems like concerts can be held. We know what happened with that before. Seems like it's great now that there is her appearance, presence, new songs. And they seem to be doing a decent job of bloging and dealing with the fans who bought the boxed set, agreeing to a speacial meeting with Dave/ScruffyDog (now that is super cool!) etc. Eat it up. Enjoy it while you can.

Merci Fanny
Old 03-27-2010, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Eat it up. Enjoy it while you can.
Totally agreed Roman. I have been trying very hard to, because, before you know it, she will have released her album,made a few TV appearances,had a couple of concerts, and the POOF!!! She is gone again....but hey she's tantalizing when she does that and I like it
Old 12-27-2011, 07:43 PM

ptjmwa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
i hate mexican music...besides the cancion "te amo"
Te amo by Alexander acha?
Old 01-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Does anyone still have the video clip of this on the French media? Can't remember if it was M6 or whatnot, but if someone does have the video of this.. much appreciated!

I used to have it favorited on my youtube account, but apparently the poster removed the video.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Does anyone still have the video clip of this on the French media? Can't remember if it was M6 or whatnot, but if someone does have the video of this.. much appreciated!

I used to have it favorited on my youtube account, but apparently the poster removed the video.
I beleive its on my external HDD in the best quality. My Structured Programming proffesor just fixed my computer so I can upload it to Youtube within the next couple days. I'll keep you updated!
Old 01-15-2012, 02:10 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
I beleive its on my external HDD in the best quality. My Structured Programming proffesor just fixed my computer so I can upload it to Youtube within the next couple days. I'll keep you updated!
Sooo, about that clip? *hopeful beseeching look*

Tags
fan, french connection letter, mail