Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-19-2020, 02:32 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default The Break Up!

I was looking up some info today for another thread and I came across this section of the Alizée Bible that chronicles how the end went down as far as what the public saw.

20th December 2003: Concert at the “Parc des Expositions” at Reims. Alizée put contact lenses in that made her seem like she had blue eyes.

21st December 2003: A rumour beings (later confirmed by events) that the aim of Alizée Disc house (record company) is to stop the pomotion of “Mes courants électrique” and its singles. (Sources: moi-mylenefarmer.com (now inactive) & Un brin d'Alizée).

24th December 2003: A message appears on the official web page, which translates as “I wish you all have magnificent celebrations at the New Year. Hope to have new photos for you in the gallery. Until then, Alizée. Frankly, the message was expected to be warmer and more spirited. Therefore, the consensus was that this was the word of the Webmaster and not Alizée.

27th December 2003: Interview on the programme “Lollytop” on canal J at 18:30. There are glimpses here that she has a fiancée. The response to the questions regarding her third disc (album) is evasive and this begins a host of rumours on the supposed crisis with the record label, Myléne, a possible retirement of three months e.t.c. (see December 21st). These rumours create massive debate in the Alizée forum for several months (Source Un brin d'Alizée). There was also an appearance on the programme “Disques d’Or” on the TF1 channel at 20:50 hours. Alizée sung “A contre-courant”. (Source Un brin d'Alizée & Tinkalizée).

31st December 2003: Performance on "Les vainqueurs de l´année", on France2 at 21:05 hours. Alizée sings a medley, singing “Jen ai marre”, “Jai pas vingt ans” “A contre-courant” and “Moi…Lolita” (in this order) (Source: Un brin d'Alizée & Tinkalizée).

3rd January 2004: Interview on “Lollytop” on Canal J at 14:45 hours. This is the second part of the interview that took place on December the 27th of last year. (Source Tinkalizée)

9th January 2004: Report on “Tubissimo” on the M6 channel. (Source: Un brin d'Alizée & Tinkalizée)

14th January 2004: Performance on the “Zapping Zone” on the Disney Channel at 16:00 hours. Alizée sings “A contre-courant” (this needs verifying). (Source Alizée love & Tinkalizée).

17th January 2004: Today there was a concert in the “Zenith” at Paris. (Source Nidalizée) Which concluding what had been an exhausting tour. This concert is especially exciting, being the last one and unites many Alizée admirers from all around the globe, who had previously only been in contact via the forums. The concert is bittersweet, although not all the concerts were sold out (Homer feels this is due to the elevated number of concerts held in practically one country). It is necessary to honour the public (about 80,000) who did get to see Alizée and the fact that it was an exhausting tour in which time she only realised 2 singles.

18th January 2004: The beginning of the “Traversí del Desierto”, the travel through the wilderness begins for Alizée admirers who wait patiently for the third album. There has been more or less 3 years since her “break” until she started work in the studio on her 3rd album.

19th January 2004: Maxi Vinyl version of “Jai pas vingt ans” is published in Germany.

20th January 2004: Alizée takes a more than deserved holiday. Although it is suspended for an appearance on “Follement Gay” expected to be seen on the 30th January as well as participation in this years “Les Enfoires”.

23rd January 2004: Sale of the 5th edition of “Actualizé”. It is the first time it is sold on the newsstands and not just exclusively to subscribers, thus it sells many more. (Source Un brin d'Alizée)

24th January 2004: It is debated whether Alizée has signed a contract to do another album, and what type of album it is? (Source Un brin d'Alizée)
1st February 2004: There is a news article “La Séduction ca commence très tôt” on the programme “E=M6 spécial seduction” on M6 at 20:50 hours. (Source Un Brin d'Alizée)
2nd February 2004: “Mes courants électriques” exits the top 150 albums.

4th February 2004: Alizée interview on her website where she answers questions that has been sent to the site in previous months. (Source Un Brin d'Alizée)

9th February 2004: The magazine “Voici” brings news that Alizée plans to retire from the music industry for a period of three years. This unsurprisingly spreads alarm with Alizée fans. The article can be seen here. However in issue 853 they published a correction by universal stating that “Polydor”, in any meeting never considered nor decide to suspend the career of one of the most talented French singers”. (Source Journalizée No 83) However the reality is that with the long “travels trough the wilderness” (18th January) this info by universal is contradicted and “the Voici” information appears to be confirmed.

13th February 2004: Report on “Hit de diaments” on M6 classifying Alizée at 29th position with “Moi…Lolita”. (Source Un Brin d'Alizée & Tinkalizée)

16th February 2004: “A Contre-Courant leaves the top 100 singles chart. But it reaches 100,000 sales reaching the status of silver disc. All singles/albums have reached some catergory of sales with the exception of “J’ai pas vingt ans”.

17th February 2004: A news article on Alizée is shown on “Duels de stars” on M6 at 17:00 hours, although it was originally predicted to be shown on the 11th. In this programme there is a duel between Alizée and Lorie. Considering the sales of the respective songs Alizée wins with “Moi…Lolita” beating Lorie’s “Toute searle”. (Source Un Brin d'Alizée)

22nd February 2004: It is known now that Alizée’s manager, Olivier will take care of other singers like Natasha St. Pier. (Source moi-mylenefarmer.com (now inactive))

23rd February 2004: The magazine “Voici” well known for its criticism of Alizée announces that Alizée married Jéremy on the 6th of November while they were in Las Vegas. The forums go into overdrive, with many fans gutted and announcing their abandonment of Alizée. The news of her marriage seem not to please almost anybody. This was due to two reasons. Firstly because of the chosen man and secondly in the way they did it, in Las Vegas. It appears there is a valid marriage certificate from the Las Vegas ceremony. This does not make it legal in France, since it must be confirmed legally in France and it is not known whether this has happened. Homer prescribes to the souveneir theory with regards to the marriage, believing that they did it as a joke and as a memory of their trip to Las Vegas.

1st March 2004: “Jen ai marre” reaches number 1 in Taiwan.

8th March 2004: “Mes courants électriques” goes on sale priced at 9.99 Euros and reaches number 21 in the charts for midpriced music.

15th March 2004: “Voici” publish a rectification of the information given on 9th of February and the rupturing relationship between Alizée and Universal. Universal exercised their right to reply to the allegations by writing a note to the magazine stating that there has never been a meeting to deal with Alizée, to stop her singing and prevent her from evolving artistically.

17th March 2004: Rémo Buffin (lead vocalist in Alizé) decides to demand an explanation from Alizée and Universal as the similarity in names gave rise to confusion in record stores and when establishing concerts. Alizé registered their name in 1996, 4 years before Alizée appeared on the music scene.

3rd April 2004: Broadcast of the programme “101 sozies” in which famous people are imitated. Céline imitates Alizée singing “L’Alizé” and finishes in 77th position. (Source Un brin d'Alizée)
Old 04-19-2020, 06:49 PM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Does anyone know the date (or approx. date) when Alizee first met Jeremy? It should be in the break-up chronology.

Also, at what age was she financially emancipated? I recall from an interview that she said that her earnings were in a trust fund, and she couldn't access it until she turned 18 (or was it 19?) She turned 18 in Aug. 2002, 19 in August 2003. If it was 19 (and August 2003) then this perhaps played a role in the break-up.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
20th December 2003: Concert at the “Parc des Expositions” at Reims. Alizée put contact lenses in that made her seem like she had blue eyes.
Did she wear funny contact lenses on one or two occasions? I recall something about her wearing weird contacts for a halloween concert. (I saw a picture--- she had a weird "punk-rock" haircut also.)

(And I lost the pictures--- can someone repost the pics here? Thanks.)

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 04-19-2020 at 07:08 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 04-19-2020, 07:12 PM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post

(And I lost the pictures--- can someone repost the pics here? Thanks.)
I've got only this one:

I'm curious about the punk-rock hair.
Old 04-19-2020, 07:42 PM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
I'm curious about the punk-rock hair.
That was the picture that I recall. Thanks!

I was wrong about the punk-rock hair. It must be the Mandela effect.

Are there other pictures out there?

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 04-19-2020 at 09:50 PM..
Old 04-19-2020, 10:27 PM

A few years back, a member here who was at one of her En concerts, said her face in that show was covered in glitter and it was a beautiful look. He said you can see some evidence of it in some of her videos, but it was much more apparent in person.

Jeremy and Alizée met when they were both appearing as guests on the TF1 Eurobest show. This is the video of her performance that night.

I also came across something she said in an interview back in 2000.

"I'm jealous all the time. I mean, I'm not jealous of other singers for example. But concerning my boyfriend, I'm very jealous. I'm naturally very possessive. I have to have my fits of jealousy at least twice a week. It's a very Corsican temperament."
Old 04-19-2020, 11:21 PM

joebanana is on a distinguished road

5th June 2004
There is a minivideo made by a fan showing Alizée leaving with Jenifer from one of Jéremy’s concerts. On this day also, “Channel J’s” programm “Lollytop” reshow fragments of interviews with Lorie, Priscella, Nolwenn and Alizée. The Alizée interview is the one she gave on the 27th December 2003 and 3rd January 2004.

Does anyone have that minivideo made by a fan?
Old 04-20-2020, 04:17 AM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
A few years back, a member here who was at one of her En concerts, said her face in that show was covered in glitter and it was a beautiful look. He said you can see some evidence of it in some of her videos, but it was much more apparent in person.
She had some glitter on her eyelids during the Gourmandises performance.

You can see it around 1:53.

I don't know if it would be visible from a certain distance...
Maybe she had more glitter even around her eyes during the concert that member saw.

Last edited by Aragorn97; 04-20-2020 at 04:21 AM..
Old 04-20-2020, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I think the glitter is fun! Glitter in makeup and hair was not a thing when I was young, but I would've gotten a kick out of wearing it. From what I've seen, I think Alizée used it very well.
Old 04-20-2020, 01:20 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
She had some glitter on her eyelids during the Gourmandises performance.

I don't know if it would be visible from a certain distance...
Maybe she had more glitter even around her eyes during the concert that member saw.
You can see the glitter very well during Hey Amigo. The camera gets really close.

https://youtu.be/IXoXLBX-6K8?t=88

Edit:

Quote:
I also came across something she said in an interview back in 2000.

"I'm jealous all the time. I mean, I'm not jealous of other singers for example. But concerning my boyfriend, I'm very jealous. I'm naturally very possessive. I have to have my fits of jealousy at least twice a week. It's a very Corsican temperament."
I had never seen this quote, so thanks for posting. Jeremy was a teen idol at the time they married, so I'm sure she had plenty to be jealous about. We had a discussion some time ago about them and I had mentioned (guessed) that the quick marriage was partly due to Alizee wanting to take him "off the market". Maybe it has some merit.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 04-20-2020 at 01:20 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 04-20-2020, 09:04 PM

Here is some translation of an interview, I'm not sure which interview, done by Bigdan in our forum back in 2013......

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...?t=7363&page=2

On Lolita
-she got glasses when she was young ( around thirteen I suppose).
Amazingly, she got some doubt about her beauty, saying that seduction was not so easy for her, at this moment. And that the Lolita period was also a kind of revenge. That's why she like it and why she play so well the character Mylène create for her.

On Mylene:
-Same old stuff about Mylène. She wanted to change, musically, and she had to do the things her own way.She have no regrets.

-On Matt:
" Matt is a friend. A real good friend, that I meet every year on Les Enfoirés."

-On men :
"It's hard to find men of my age with enough maturity, and willness of engagement..."
"I prefer dark hair, dark eyes guys and a little bit "badboy", more than romantic"
Brigitte : You are single?
A : Yes I'm single right now.
Brigitte : youre a " heart of sale" ?
A: yes, but a very tough heart...
I like it when you have to fight for your love... I'm afraid I like complicated men...

You have to make me laugh to seduce me...

On love:
I dont believe in romance...
I give a lot, and I'm waiting a lot in return. That's why I feel sometimes disapointed.
When I love, I love too much !

On sex:
She try to avoid the question, saying she's a kind of "cameleon" , meaning that she adapt her behavior to her partner.

On money:
I don't get so me much money from the Mylene period, as far I was only the singer of the songs...

I thought this was an interesting comment by lapinschous about Jeremy, "the part where she says that the best way to seduce her is to make her laugh is the most revealing , that might be the key to understand why she fell for Jeremy when she was still young ... because he doesn't seem to ever run out of jokes"

I believe I found the interview. It was on radio;

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 04-20-2020 at 09:15 PM..