Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-22-2014, 07:56 AM

Panther is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post

As far as her not wanting commercial success...
I don't think anyone here has suggested that she doesn't want commercial success, quite the opposite actually, so I'm not sure what your point is here?

Moreover, I would suggest that if she really did want commercial success then she could probably do a lot better than working with Sony considering the compete shambles they made of releasing and promoting ACLD and '5' last year.
Old 03-23-2014, 01:38 PM

george007 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I think the main reason I don't like it is mainly because of how the word blonde sounds. I think one of MF's best abilities was to choose lyrics that sounded good. Amelie was used numerous times in the chorus of Amelie, but it sounded beautiful when Alizee sang it. This chorus just doesn't sound that good to me and as I said before, she needs a couple of songs wiith this album that can make it into the top ten or pretty close to it.
And there's also the song Youpidou! It also repeats many times in the song but doesn't sound weird cause it's a nice-sounding word with enough vowels in it.
Blonde however has only one accountable vowel [with "e" being silent] and is not a good word to end a song line with IMO.
I feel they really should have paid more attention to the chorus part and about how to incorporate the word blonde into it. But anyway the rest of the song is really nice and the song itself is upbeat and catchy.
And I'm sure there would be some great and much better songs in the album because the first single is not always the best song in her recent albums.

Last edited by george007; 03-23-2014 at 01:52 PM..
Old 03-23-2014, 11:00 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
UPDATE

They took Alizée's name off the casting call.
I'm guessing to decrease the number of fans that are apt to show up at the shooting.
That's a good idea, although anyone who would actually go has probably already seen it

So I suppose she's getting ready for the shoot? Maybe working on the album some more? She hasn't posted much since the single release last week.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:22 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Thanks for posting Jacotey. It looks like there is a lot of interest in Mexico.
I think this album is going in the right direction, but it needs better than Blonde. I think what it also needs is a song similar to Lou ou Toi or Amelie; a song that will bring out the beauty of her voice. Blonde doesn't. I sometimes wonder if she has lost confidence in her voice. I haven't. I've seen enough evidence, mainly through Les Enfoires to think she still has a great voice; maybe not that strong, but it is beautiful and she needs to use it.

As far as commercial success, that was "touched upon" in this thread. Usually in the past when that subject has come up, it's from when people trying to justify the poor showing of her albums by saying she isn't interested in commercial success. Well maybe she's not interested in commercial success per se, but she does want a fair amount of people "in France" to like her music, she does not want her album to be labeled a flop, she would like to be able to hear one or two of her songs on the radio and she would like to be able to hold a few concerts "in France". If she achieves those goals, she will have commercial success whether she's interested in that or not.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:58 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thanks for posting Jacotey. It looks like there is a lot of interest in Mexico.
I think this album is going in the right direction, but it needs better than Blonde. I think what it also needs is a song similar to Lou ou Toi or Amelie; a song that will bring out the beauty of her voice. Blonde doesn't. I sometimes wonder if she has lost confidence in her voice. I haven't. I've seen enough evidence, mainly through Les Enfoires to think she still has a great voice; maybe not that strong, but it is beautiful and she needs to use it.
Yeah it would be wise for her to use all her vocal talents on the new album and I think we're all hoping for songs like those you mentioned aswell as others that will also bring out her voice like they did here.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur

Last edited by Un-rêve; 03-24-2014 at 08:01 PM..
Old 03-24-2014, 08:32 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Might as well see her singing it too! Click the pic to watch the clip!

Old 03-24-2014, 08:59 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

^^

Hehe.. yeah what was I thinking.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 03-25-2014, 08:40 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

That is a great song. When I first heard it, for the first time since the MF era, my jaw hit the floor. I wondered why haven't they been able to do this with any of her recent albums? For once, she belted one out. Then some people (not me) questioned whether she was singing live or not and I wasn't sure what to think after that.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:51 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

I remember thinking the same thing watching that performance the first time. In fact, I had thought maybe some singing like that would make it onto '5' which wouldn't be released for a few more months. Well, she chose to make that album the way she wanted, not the way I wanted. (Of course I've come to love it.)

And then I also remember hearing about it not being live singing (of course the show was pre-recorded) and I wondered about that, though I'll never be convinced it wasn't. I just watched the HD recordings from that song and also the duet she did for Americain and I still can't say if it's playback or not. I'm no expert of course. During the duet towards the end it looks like Chimene Badi started to sing a line that Alizée was singing, and it could be indicative of playback. I don't know. Either way she has a great sound on that show and I wouldn't mind hearing more from her like that.

Here is an audience recording from the duet, it only covers part of the song. (Not the part I mentioned)

And here is audio from the whole song. It won't show the part I mentioned above though, as it was a visual thing. (The audience vid starts at around :17 in this one.)

Last edited by Ray4AJ; 03-25-2014 at 10:03 PM..