Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-27-2014, 02:21 PM

Panther is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-rêve View Post

As for past videos released after Psyché era.. I preferred the ACDLA video done in Corsica to the official one ...
I agree with that 100%. With a bit of polishing that could have been a really classy video.

I don't know who makes the marketing decisions around Lily these days but I often find myself thinking: "Why? why did you do that when you could so easily have done something much better"

This business of releasing singles from an album that is nowhere near finished also seems a bit lame to me. If the single does really well then people will more likely want to buy the album but if they have to wait months - or even a year - then all that potential interest is wasted.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:01 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

From the music video

Little screencap I took of the beginning when she laughs
Merci J for posting the crafty link in the chatbox
Old 04-28-2014, 12:17 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-rêve View Post
...As for past videos released after Psyché era.. I preferred the ACDLA video done in Corsica to the official one but as Lucas mentioned, each had it's quality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
I agree with that 100%. With a bit of polishing that could have been a really classy video.

I don't know who makes the marketing decisions around Lily these days but I often find myself thinking: "Why? why did you do that when you could so easily have done something much better"...

I liked the Corsica video as well. However, they were right to kill it. It was an amateurish hack job that never should have seen the light of day. It was a mess. It would have needed significant reworking to be acceptable.

Here is just one small example: Look for her shoes in the hotel scenes. watch them carefully.

Edit:

-----------------------------

The preview clip is out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7_qp_AD2A

Last edited by Rev; 04-28-2014 at 01:47 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 04-28-2014, 07:36 AM

Jazzmin is on a distinguished road

So, what do you think about the video?

To be honest, I kinda expected some more interesting dance (for this songs appears to have been created to make people dance... so Alizée could've shown her awesome moves like those from DALS!). And generally, I'm to complain about the same things I complained in the music/lyrics case. Repetitiveness, shalowness, bla bla bla.

But this time I am not being so unfair as not to find some values... I enjoy a lot looking at Alizée's beautiful face! I think she's quite pretty in this video and as to its promotion, I fancy it's an ace up her sleeve. I mean, she's always pretty but the previous 2 videos do not show it that well.

Additional nonsense: the video reminds me of High School Musical, especially about Sharpay's style

The Round belong

Last edited by Jazzmin; 04-28-2014 at 07:41 AM..
Old 04-28-2014, 09:56 AM

Panther is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzmin View Post
So, what do you think about the video?
I'm ok with the shallow / fun orientation of the vid - it suits the song - but I'm just not getting the outfit at all. It looks as bad to me as the one she wore a few days back at that so-called 'live' performance in Calais. Her clothes are not flattering her at all in my opinion.

Is she getting dressed in the dark these days?
Old 04-28-2014, 11:30 AM

Lucas is on a distinguished road

I think the outfit in the video is much better than that one from the "live" performances