...toward the end of the Psych era...
So now it's an era!
Old 12-04-2009, 12:33 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
So now it's an era!
I would think so. There was the Gourmandises era, then a two-year hiatus, then the MCE era, then a four-year break, and then the Psychédélices era. Each era had its own sound and its own look. We're now moving into the Une enfant du siecle era.

(But at this point it's still in gestation. )

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716

Last edited by Deepwaters; 12-04-2009 at 12:47 AM.. Reason: genre en français
Old 12-04-2009, 12:42 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
I would think so. There was the Gourmandises era, then a two-year hiatus, then the MCE era, then a four-year break, and then the Psychédélices era. Each era had its own sound and its own look. We're now moving into the Un enfant du siecle era.

(But at this point it's still in gestation. )
I'm looking forward to singing happy birthday.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:15 AM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaroniu31 View Post
i think we should all be thankful that she is trying to give us whatwe want(the new album). she is doing what she wants to do at her own pace, and we should respect that. and hey we should just savor her songs as they last. she wont be singing forever...
QFT. Simple & straight to the point.

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 12-04-2009, 02:15 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I should have realized that. Sounded pretty far fetched. Problem is, in some of these hotels, it takes so long to load a page, I dont have time to back track through the pages to research everything that's been going on.
Sorry Scruffy I didn't intend to mislead anyone. I was just pointing out in an extreme way the over the top speculation on this thread. I join everyone in the frustration of Alizee's musical career saga. I just try real hard to stay with the facts as much as possible. I believe Alizee is a sweet, intelligent, thoughtful soul. I believe that she is so stable and down to earth that she doesn't fit into the pop diva mold. The very traits that her fans respect and love about her is also a source of criticism when you combine those noble traits with the competitive cut throat world of pop music. I also believe that absence makes the heart grow fonder. That if Alizee was more accessible or in the news regularly she would lack the mystery and would negate the need for AA or any other fan website to flourish as they have for many yrs. The fact that she is unique, private, humble and not so polished is a big part of what keeps peaking my interest in her. It was also mentioned that her lack of formal education is a problem. I believe Alizee is much more intelligent than the empty suit, soulless,droid pseudo intellectuals that prove the peter principle (educated beyond their intelligence), time after time.
Constructive criticism based on facts I have no problem with. Snide criticism based on speculation is very frustrating and unfair to Alizee. Trying to justify it by pretending you have secret information is unbecoming a true fan. If you really do have secret information that you are unwilling to disclose should be kept to yourself and serves no useful purpose in any intelligent discourse.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:12 AM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Cool

As for the distance one travels to see Alizee in concert means nadda. A handful of us have followed Lili throughout her entire Mexican Psych tour and onto France for shows and autograph sessions (meet and greets). There's people who know where she lived at one time, but I've heard these same people ask "why" for everything involving her. Sometimes, girls change their mind about everything. Drives me nuts. I'm always interested in what forums have to post, but I take everything with a pinch of salt.

Alizee: Wowww!
Old 12-04-2009, 10:00 AM

Fenris is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelepew View Post
Sorry Scruffy I didn't intend to mislead anyone. I was just pointing out in an extreme way the over the top speculation on this thread. I join everyone in the frustration of Alizee's musical career saga. I just try real hard to stay with the facts as much as possible. I believe Alizee is a sweet, intelligent, thoughtful soul. I believe that she is so stable and down to earth that she doesn't fit into the pop diva mold. The very traits that her fans respect and love about her is also a source of criticism when you combine those noble traits with the competitive cut throat world of pop music. I also believe that absence makes the heart grow fonder. That if Alizee was more accessible or in the news regularly she would lack the mystery and would negate the need for AA or any other fan website to flourish as they have for many yrs. The fact that she is unique, private, humble and not so polished is a big part of what keeps peaking my interest in her. It was also mentioned that her lack of formal education is a problem. I believe Alizee is much more intelligent than the empty suit, soulless,droid pseudo intellectuals that prove the peter principle (educated beyond their intelligence), time after time.
Constructive criticism based on facts I have no problem with. Snide criticism based on speculation is very frustrating and unfair to Alizee. Trying to justify it by pretending you have secret information is unbecoming a true fan. If you really do have secret information that you are unwilling to disclose should be kept to yourself and serves no useful purpose in any intelligent discourse.
I fully agree with these reasonable and wise words!
Thanks pepelepew.

Old 12-05-2009, 12:00 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaroniu31 View Post
i think we should all be thankful that she is trying to give us whatwe want(the new album). she is doing what she wants to do at her own pace, and we should respect that. and hey we should just savor her songs as they last. she wont be singing forever...
And as difficult as it is to leave it at this sometimes, I agree with this too...

Merci Fanny
Old 12-05-2009, 12:07 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

I just want to say this: we can't forget that Alizee is also a professional. I'm sure it's great to be able to put out an album that really really reflects her tastes and such, but at the same time, singing is her job, thus her profession, and sometimes, work trumps personal interest.

Old 12-05-2009, 12:23 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road
Default thx ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Yup, I doubt even Alizée herself knows. Oh, I'm sure there are dates she wants to release it (probably some have already come and gone), but I think we'd know fairly quickly if there was anything definitive.
hey thx for the clear up....anyone have any guesses on to when her album will release(months). sry im just really anxious to know when

Tags
2009, album, chateau, marmont