Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Support

Old 01-31-2011, 07:01 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
The problem is the "run down" of what goes on on the forum is a lot of fanboy-ism. I mean really, we know shes beautiful but is it really necessary to have an entire thread dedicated to her nose, hair, even feet? Honestly, some of these threads are borderline creepy.
I agree. When I first came here the reason I just kinda registered and then left the forum alone was because I thought, "Well, there's a thread dedicated to her feet.. uh, okay.. and.. oh, "Newest Pictures" -click- .. wow, these guys are in love.. okay.. -leave-"

And then when I caught wind of UEdS's arrival I started checking in and posting.

We certainly can't lay down a bunch of super-strict "you can't say this or that and then some" rules here. However, I do feel that we could do with a tad less of "WOW she's so beautiful <3333". We can see her, we know she's beautiful, and everyone including you has already said it; there's simply no point. I'm sorry if I squash anyone's enthusiasm and I love you guys, but it has to be said.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 01-31-2011, 07:25 PM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
I agree. When I first came here the reason I just kinda registered and then left the forum alone was because I thought, "Well, there's a thread dedicated to her feet.. uh, okay.. and.. oh, "Newest Pictures" -click- .. wow, these guys are in love.. okay.. -leave-"

And then when I caught wind of UEdS's arrival I started checking in and posting.

We certainly can't lay down a bunch of super-strict "you can't say this or that and then some" rules here. However, I do feel that we could do with a tad less of "WOW she's so beautiful <3333". We can see her, we know she's beautiful, and everyone including you has already said it; there's simply no point. I'm sorry if I squash anyone's enthusiasm and I love you guys, but it has to be said.
It's simple… kill The Aaronius.

Old 01-31-2011, 07:42 PM

BlackAnthem is on a distinguished road

Well what...he's one guy. You'd have to kill...Oh I dunno...everyone? But the point is I think, that people wanna come here and see dedicated people. Not beating around the bush or whatever.

I know when I got here I was pretty freakin' serious about bringing her to the US. I know we've lost some of that very enthusiasm that drives us. I dunno why. The ball isn't in her court. We still need to provoke her and do more stuff.

Well whatever. I don't wanna start anything...but I wanted to bring it up. Kaythanksbye!
Old 01-31-2011, 08:10 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

The forum might be skewing in the wrong direction from what the original founders intended it to be. But they might not be able to do much since taking action could push members and new guys away. It is left pretty much in our hands what happens in this place. And I don't think some people realize they could be making this place look bad, unprofessional, immature, etc. I like that the moderators don't abuse their power in here, but the result is that the newer members have basically taken over. I'd call it the troll generation (some of them are proud of being a troll) and they don't know how their actions make this forum look.

I think one purpose of a private section would be to talk about things that otherwise would shed bad light on this place to the public. I guess the opposite of that would be where the more in depth and mannered discussions happen and then just hope the public sections don't look like crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizéeInspired View Post
With what you're implying, I take it that only older members, mods, admins, and a few other hand picked members would be allowed in. Who decides who gets in? What would be the criteria for members to get in? Would personal feelings towards other members be put into play? What happens if it doesn't work out with the "hand picked" members? Judgement shouldn't be passed onto everyone before their actions are taken in a private forum.
I think that the founders and longer standing members have earned the right to make decisions like who gets into a private section or not. I also think people who have been around awhile have proven with their post history how they act and if it applies to what ever a hidden forum would be about. If I was picked or not I'd have to accept it and who knows whether it would be good or bad to get picked or not.

I think new members would understand that you have to earn the right for certain privileges like being a mod for example. In the military you start out as a private and go from there. If privates were given the same privileges as Colonels then things would be catastrophic. It would be no different here. Do you want people creating new usernames every day and going straight into the specialized forum areas to cause trouble?

Last edited by HelixSix; 01-31-2011 at 08:14 PM..
Old 01-31-2011, 08:24 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

I know Im nott super active here, so..if you guys want to ignore this post, go ahead . lol

Just thought of something that may cater to all points made so far. I hope I can have this make sense, and I mean NO offense to anyone who came up with ideas points that I will cover here.

1. Making a section that is limited to certain people, is not a good idea I feel, because of some of the other points that have been made here.

People say that when new members come, and see "her feet-her nose-her abs" threads, they get turned off of the forum, and leave without joining. By making a private section, that only certain members can see, would do nothing but make that situatino worse. Since visitors will be limited to ONLY those "her feet-her nose-her abs" threads, since all the more mature and deep threads, are blocked from them. Which will for sure hurt the new members rate.

2. Making a whole new section for more mature conversations only, is just a tad over the top IMO. Since it would really just add more work for the mods, and would over-complicate things. But I can understand the desire for more mature conversations.

So...one way you could go about that, is adding a new rule to the forum rules. Maybe something like this:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Rule #whatever: MDO
Any thread labeled with (MDO) is meant for Mature Discussion Only. This means that while in this thread, you agree to only discuss and debate in a mature, and civil manner, even if you dont agree with the content/ideas presented.

You will remain respectful to all members, and to Alizée

No attacks on people, ideas, or opinions.

If you are unable to discuss the topic in a civil mature way, then this topic is not for you! Posts that violate this rule may be removed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then all you have to do, is title a thread something like "Alizée's Career (MDO)". This way, anyone who enters that thread, knows what they are getting into, and what is expected of them.

With this, people can have their more mature topics and discussions, without having to worry about "fan-boy" responses, the mods dont have even more stuff to worry about , and, anyone and everyone has the ability to join in if they want to!

Again, just a thought.

Last edited by BrianO1; 01-31-2011 at 08:31 PM..
Old 01-31-2011, 09:26 PM

Good idea. Nice sig by the way.

A few comments. I think that Off-Topic Threads should be limited to MEMBERS ONLY. Visitors would not be hurt by that. Also the "Her ____" stuff should be removed from the homepage. Nothing too extreme there. A simple way to clean up the site.

As far as immaturity amongst members: The only thing we can to do is ask nicely for them to take threads a little more seriously. Like this serious:

If we all do our part...ya know. We'll get it done.

Nicely put Brian.

Edit:

Couldn't help it.

Last edited by BlackAnthem; 01-31-2011 at 09:26 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 01-31-2011, 09:36 PM

Indeed.

Helix, the "troll generation" you speak of is unavoidable. I mean, it is the internet and while it can be annoying, well.. it's the internet. There will always be trolls, especially as this forum grows. That being said, it's not only us newcomers (I don't appreciate the generalizations by the way, there are newer members like Corsaire who are invaluable to the more serious discussion portion of AAm) who are sometimes immature. I can point out members here who have been here for a very long time who are just as immature, if not more so, than us "kids". I'm not trying to start an argument because we have more important subjects at hand, and I apologize if I come off as rude or disrespectful.

Brian, I never looked at it that way. If we had a private, serious-discussion section then newcomers would only see the "bad" (for want for a better word) threads and get scared off.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée

Last edited by Azhiri; 01-31-2011 at 09:40 PM..
Old 01-31-2011, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
I can point out members here who have been here for a very long time who are just as immature, if not more so, than us "kids".
That would be me...

I'll do better.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAnthem View Post
That would be me...

I'll do better.
-pat- Not you, BA. <333

Old 01-31-2011, 09:50 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post
The forum might be skewing in the wrong direction from what the original founders intended it to be. But they might not be able to do much since taking action could push members and new guys away. It is left pretty much in our hands what happens in this place. And I don't think some people realize they could be making this place look bad, unprofessional, immature, etc. I like that the moderators don't abuse their power in here, but the result is that the newer members have basically taken over. I'd call it the troll generation (some of them are proud of being a troll) and they don't know how their actions make this forum look.

I think one purpose of a private section would be to talk about things that otherwise would shed bad light on this place to the public. I guess the opposite of that would be where the more in depth and mannered discussions happen and then just hope the public sections don't look like crap.

Quote:
With what you're implying, I take it that only older members, mods, admins, and a few other hand picked members would be allowed in. Who decides who gets in? What would be the criteria for members to get in? Would personal feelings towards other members be put into play? What happens if it doesn't work out with the "hand picked" members? Judgement shouldn't be passed onto everyone before their actions are taken in a private forum.

I think that the founders and longer standing members have earned the right to make decisions like who gets into a private section or not. I also think people who have been around awhile have proven with their post history how they act and if it applies to what ever a hidden forum would be about. If I was picked or not I'd have to accept it and who knows whether it would be good or bad to get picked or not.

I think new members would understand that you have to earn the right for certain privileges like being a mod for example. In the military you start out as a private and go from there. If privates were given the same privileges as Colonels then things would be catastrophic. It would be no different here. Do you want people creating new usernames every day and going straight into the specialized forum areas to cause trouble?
As I said before, I completely get what you're saying. I was just voicing my opinion on what I felt was fair. If there is to be such a forum, I don't care if I'm allowed to post there or not. In fact, I probably wouldn't post there much, if at all. I probably won't be posting or visiting too much in the near future anyway. I was just voicing or taking another stance on the argument/idea based on what I felt was right and fair. I really like the idea of the forum attempting to have a more serious discussion from time to time, so I figured I'd give a little input to help out. There are negetatives on all sides of the idea and I guess I was just making sure that they would all be considered. I'm not really saying that the way you think the private forum should be carried out is wrong, I'm just saying what I feel would be best or fair. I guess I just hate that so many possible valuable people/members/views could be left out.

Anyway, I think I'm done talking about it. I've said what I feel about all of it up to this point and helped point out a few different things. Wherever it goes from here, I respect whatever decisions will be made on the matter as I'm sure all the things that have been said will be taken into consideration if this gets serious.

And Brian, I like your idea. It agrees well with this:
Quote:
... Unless a private forum has rules that are bent, changed, or added to the current ones, then it wouldn't really be necessary. ... The way it looks, if we can't have "mature" and "civilized" discussions on the current public forums, then it probably won't have much of a better chance in a private forum. Why don't we try out one of the topics that Corsaire has in mind? If you're comfortable with starting one that is. If it goes well, then we won't need to even think about a private forum. If it fails, then that could better help draw lines for a starting point.

Tags
forum, suggestion box