Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 12-24-2018, 09:59 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
Speaking of Alizee's face, do you have any thoughts as to what physical characteristics make Alizee's face so beautiful??? By characteristics, I mean in terms of facial structure (eyes, nose/mouth shape, that kind of thing.)

The characteristic that I keep coming back to is that Alizee--- again, I'm talking about the young Alizee-- is that she looks slightly like a boy.

I watch the various En Concert songs on a regular basis--- to me, she's absolutely beautiful there-- and I've convinced that the "boyishness" in her face is what gives Alizee her beauty.

No one would mistake Alizee for a boy--- her features are extremely feminine--- and yet at the same time, she vaguely resembles a boy. Do you know what I mean?

I'm not attracted to boys--- I'm just saying that the subtle boyishness in her face is beautiful, somehow. Its fascinating, visually stunning.

What are your thoughts on that?

What characteristics do you think make Alizee's face so incredibly beautiful???

Just wonder if you have any ideas. I really wish I understood what it is about Alizee's face.
I think I am going to take the opposite view. Instead of Alizee having some resemblance to a boy, I think boys that age often still have "baby faces" that are associated with feminine traits.

My first impressions of Alizee was just how feminine she was, and at the same time in America the women were trying to become more masculine. Alizee didn't try to hide it, yet at the same time she seemed strong and not like some sort of waif.

Most people will say they like Alizee's smile best, and she does have an incredible smile. I am transfixed on her eyes though. I know I have brought this up one other time in the past, but her eyes have a vaguely Asian look sometimes. I don't know if her family history has an Asian in it or her eyes just formed the way that they did, but I love her eyes. Example is the J'en Ai Marre Official Video. She is lying down and looking at the camera and at around 1:06 she does the "come hither" thing with her finger. Her eyes slightly look Asian in my opinion. What do you think?

This like will take you to a few seconds before:
https://youtu.be/BctzxD52SW0?t=64

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Julia has a hardness to her beauty, kind of like Cindy Crawford. Cindy is an extremely beautiful woman, but I always thought there was a hardness, a seriousness to her look that I thought this is not a happy go lucky girl. This is not a woman who is easy to amuse and I feel the same is probably true of Julia.
Well put. A hardness. I thought Cindy Crawford was very beautiful as well, but she did come across the way you say. As for the models today, they all seem very robotic and cold coming down that runway. Might be because they are starving!

A supermodel that did not send out that vibe in my opinion was Christie Brinkley. She was like the All American girl in many ways. I think we all remember this

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 12-24-2018 at 09:59 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 12-25-2018, 10:10 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
I think I am going to take the opposite view. Instead of Alizee having some resemblance to a boy, I think boys that age often still have "baby faces" that are associated with feminine traits.
Whatever it is, Alizee’s face is one of the most beautiful faces I think I’ve ever seen. I want to know why!

Quote:
Most people will say they like Alizee's smile best, and she does have an incredible smile. I am transfixed on her eyes though. I know I have brought this up one other time in the past, but her eyes have a vaguely Asian look sometimes. I don't know if her family history has an Asian in it or her eyes just formed the way that they did, but I love her eyes. Example is the J'en Ai Marre Official Video. She is lying down and looking at the camera and at around 1:06 she does the "come hither" thing with her finger. Her eyes slightly look Asian in my opinion. What do you think?

As far as people saying that its her smile, I think it just seems that way. We can apply a big smile to Alizee’s face. Similarly, we can apply a big smile to Ellen Degeneres’s face. Which smile is more attractive??? I would suggest that the difference doesn’t lie in the smile itself, but rather in the face to which the smile has been applied.

I do think that Alizee has pretty eyes--- in the sense that we could look at photographs of just the eye region of her face and it would be evident that she has very attractive, feminine-looking eyes.

I looked at that part of the JEAM video you mentioned; I don’t think her eyes look particularly asian. Although her eyes themselves don’t look asian, if someone described the young Alizee as looking like an “asian princess”, I would agree with that.

Speaking of asian eyes, here’s a video “Asian eyes are more common than you think”:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxTnVWgOGLc

Edit:

Quote:
Julia has a hardness to her beauty, kind of like Cindy Crawford. Cindy is an extremely beautiful woman, but I always thought there was a hardness, a seriousness to her look that I thought this is not a happy go lucky girl. This is not a woman who is easy to amuse and I feel the same is probably true of Julia.

On the basis of still photographs alone, I would take Alizee over Julia and Cindy. Julia isn’t too bad--- but I’ve never found Cindy Crawford to be attractive at all. “Hardness” is a fantastic term.

Quote:
Look at the beginning of this clip here, there is something in her expression, something in the way she moves her eyebrows that Cindy and Julia could never have achieved. It is so soft and beautiful, because the feeling that is being portrayed is something that is genuine inside this woman...
Two things stand out about Alizee from a biological perspective: her physical beauty and her motor reflexes. Alizee not only “looks perfect”, she “moves perfect.”

I think the way Alizee moves her eyebrows (and so on) comes down more to her motor reflexes than to personality. She has extremely good control of her voluntary movements, and that includes her facial gestures. It allows for greater expressiveness when performing.

Edit:

Quote:
Look at the beginning of this clip here, there is something in her expression, something in the way she moves her eyebrows that Cindy and Julia could never have achieved. It is so soft and beautiful, because the feeling that is being portrayed is something that is genuine inside this woman...
http://youtu.be/jU-aPr6xFSU?t=125
The reason Cindy and Julia couldn't do this subtle eyebrow move like Alizee does is the same reason they could never perform J'en Ai Marre like Alizee does---- they don't have Alizee's motor reflexes because they don't have Alizee's nervous system.

Alizee is a sweet person--- probably sweeter than Julia and I would say definitely sweeter than Cindy--- but this isn't why Alizee can do these things. Alizee can do these things because she has superior motor reflexes, it has nothing to do with Alizee being sweet. Motor reflexes are motor reflexes, regardless if one is sweet or not.

That said, Alizee is a sweet person. And her personality literally screams "woman". Icing on the cake! Alizee is everything a woman should be.

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 12-25-2018 at 10:10 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 12-25-2018, 01:11 PM
Miam Miam!

eru777 is on a distinguished road

All this Julia vs Alizee talk has made me want to see a dance battle between the two.
Let's see both of them do the j'en ai marre dance, and let the audience be the judge. Lol
Old 12-26-2018, 08:12 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eru777 View Post
All this Julia vs Alizee talk has made me want to see a dance battle between the two.
Let's see both of them do the j'en ai marre dance, and let the audience be the judge. Lol
It wouldn't be close. I don't think Julia knows how to dance real well.
Old 12-26-2018, 09:28 AM
Miam Miam!

eru777 is on a distinguished road

She may not have the charm of Alizee, but she's cute.
(Taken from her instagram https://www.instagram.com/julia/)
Old 12-26-2018, 09:48 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It wouldn't be close. I don't think Julia knows how to dance real well.
Alizee is not only better than Julia, she's better than Greg:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C4H...youtu.be&t=148

Look at 2:28 to 2:31

Alizee's movements are quicker and more "sudden", and she also moves her arms up and down, whereas Greg only moves his shoulders. Etc.

Edit:

Speaking of JEAM, who created the JEAM dance? Does anyone know?

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 12-26-2018 at 09:48 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 12-26-2018, 10:03 AM
Administrator

I didn't know this version was around until today. I like it better. Julia has an outstanding voice.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
Alizee is not only better than Julia, she's better than Greg:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C4H...youtu.be&t=148

Look at 2:28 to 2:31

Alizee's movements are quicker and more "sudden", and she also moves her arms up and down, whereas Greg only moves his shoulders. Etc.
Alizee can definitely hold her own. She is probably more flexible and graceful than Greg. but Greg would be superior with moves that require more body strength. They make a great dance team. However, Greg is associated with being a "pro", and he can market himself as one better than Alizee.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 12-26-2018 at 10:03 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 05-03-2019, 04:42 PM
Administrator

So, whatever happened to the Julia project?

I'm starting to think Mylene cut her losses and this is going nowhere. It's been 8 months since she released her video. The views dropped like a rock and now it's ice cold. If an album is still released, the timing would be very bad because there is very little interest now.

Mylene should have spent that time resurrecting Alizee's singing career. That would have generated global interest.
Old 05-03-2019, 07:12 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

It's hard to think why something notable hasn't happened with Julia so far, but Mylene has a tour starting in June I believe that will include, the last I heard about 10 cities. We'll have to look that up, but I would think if we're going to see an album for Julia, it will have to wait until after this tour is over, to get back on track.
Old 05-04-2019, 08:16 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

This looks to be her schedule for June and that's all I think there is at this point, so maybe later in the summer, she'll start working on someone else's album!

Attachment 2648

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 11-04-2020 at 01:35 PM..