Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 08-07-2019, 11:08 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

#MESUISTROMPÉE is doing "so-so" as far as views, not great. Not as well as SEXTO two months in. I'm curious whether Mylene will cut her losses and stop the project? I say less than 10% chance of an album now. What do you all think?

Julia and Mylene.jpg
Old 08-08-2019, 04:25 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

It looks like MESUISTROMPÉE definitely has some disappointing numbers. S.E.X.T.O has done fair, but certainly isn't burning up the charts. I'd have to think they've been working on several songs for her and I think they'll take a look at her with these songs in the studio and from this, they should get an impression of whether or not they have potential.
Old 08-08-2019, 01:02 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
It looks like MESUISTROMPÉE definitely has some disappointing numbers. S.E.X.T.O has done fair, but certainly isn't burning up the charts. I'd have to think they've been working on several songs for her and I think they'll take a look at her with these songs in the studio and from this, they should get an impression of whether or not they have potential.

This is disappointing. I enjoy both recordings and the videos are ok. Laurent Boutonnat and Mylene Farmer are talented composers. Although Julia is attractive and has an outstanding voice, I guess there's nothing in her personality that stands out. It's possible, the style of music is out of date. The market is flooded with attractive young women with talent trying to breakthrough. It's a tough profession and not much room at the top. Alizée was a phenomenon. Julia, although talented and beautiful, isn't.

I think my experience with Alizée is typical. I saw her once in J'en Ai Marre and was blown away. I couldn't get enough of her and spent the rest of the day hunting down every tidbit of her on the Internet. No entertainer in my lifetime has done that to me, and I don't expect it to happen ever again.

I doubt Alizée understands the phenomenon any more than I do. It's just something that happened to her. She didn't try anything special, she was just herself and it happened. Although Alizee is talented, there are many artists more talented, more knowledgeable about the business, and way more ambitious, and they don't do as well. An aspiring artist can not study Alizee's performance to pick up pointers that would help them succeed because it's not what Alizee did. It's who she is.

Take all the young women who have imitated J'en Ai Marre. Even when they perform with great precision, it falls flat because they aren't Alizee.

Last edited by Shepherd; 08-08-2019 at 01:40 PM..
Old 08-08-2019, 02:26 PM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post

I think my experience with Alizée is typical. I saw her once in J'en Ai Marre and was blown away. I couldn't get enough of her and spent the rest of the day hunting down every tidbit of her on the Internet. No entertainer in my lifetime has done that to me, and I don't expect it to happen ever again.

I doubt Alizée understands the phenomenon any more than I do. It's just something that happened to her. She didn't try anything special, she was just herself and it happened. Although Alizee is talented, there are many artists more talented, more knowledgeable about the business, and way more ambitious, and they don't do as well. An aspiring artist can not study Alizee's performance to pick up pointers that would help them succeed because it's not what Alizee did. It's who she is.

Take all the young women who have imitated J'en Ai Marre. Even when they perform with great precision, it falls flat because they aren't Alizee.
Amen to that
Old 08-08-2019, 08:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
I think my experience with Alizée is typical. I saw her once in J'en Ai Marre and was blown away. I couldn't get enough of her and spent the rest of the day hunting down every tidbit of her on the Internet.
In an earlier thread I uncovered that original JEAM video that we both saw Alizee for the first time.

I used to get on my son's case for spending his mid teen years playing video games round the clock, his favorite being World of Warcraft. Ironically, if there was no WOW, I would never have stumbled across Alizee (dance of the night elf). I'm not sure if I should thank him or apologize for giving him a hard time.
Old 10-04-2019, 06:16 AM

An extract of Julia's new single is out. It will be interesting to see how this does.....

I like it. I think it will do well.

https://smarturl.it/Julia_PCTS?fbcli...-vxxCpFjk28nzY
Old 10-15-2019, 10:57 AM
Administrator

Julia has all of a sudden started posting stories on IG of her and a young man who presumably is her new boyfriend. It made me think about Alizee when she was working with Mylene how secretive Alizee was about any boyfriends she might have had.

How strategic is it for Julia's career to start advertising that she is "taken" or giving the illusion of it when the large majority of her followers are men, and most of them being young men? I felt that Mylene might have advised Alizee to keep her boyfriends private to increase her allure. While Alizee had very many female fans, Julia seems to not connect well with girls her age like Alizee did. For the young guys following Julia, these recent events might just have crushed their dreams and go elsewhere. I don't think it is a good move at all by Julia.
Old 10-15-2019, 08:19 PM

Silencio is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Julia has all of a sudden started posting stories on IG of her and a young man who presumably is her new boyfriend. It made me think about Alizee when she was working with Mylene how secretive Alizee was about any boyfriends she might have had.
This shows that brunettes are smarter than blondes. That's why I love Alizée and hope that she ends her singing career by an album with more appropriate name.
Old 10-15-2019, 10:33 PM

This was posted on FB by Julia a few hours ago so I guess they haven't given up yet...….

Attachment 2869

But you have to compare this with the early video of Alizee lying in the field. As much as I feel for Julia......there is no comparison. There is no way you can duplicate what was in her soul.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 04-25-2021 at 10:39 AM..
Old 10-16-2019, 11:31 AM
Administrator

Quote:
This was posted on FB by Julia a few hours ago so I guess they haven't given up yet...….
No, they haven't given up yet but how many times will they keep trying before they do? Julia needs a breakthrough hit. I wonder why Mylene hasn't leveraged Julia's fluent English speaking to release a song in English? Maybe Mylene does not have the ability to write meaningful English lyrics?

Quote:
But you have to compare this with the early video of Alizee lying in the field. As much as I feel for Julia......there is no comparison. There is no way you can duplicate what was in her soul.

Alizee is like the girl next door. She's friendly and lovable. You are right about her soul and might I add heart? Here big personality matches her big heart.

I don't want this to come out wrong like I am being critical of Julia, but she hasn't developed the personality to be in the entertainment industry. She might never develop it. Looks can only take you so far. Girls her age might look at Julia as the girl who steals their boyfriends. Julia's life looks privileged based on her IG photos and she is a little shy, so it might send the signal that she is the snobby rich girl. Who knows? Maybe things can turn around for her.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 10-16-2019 at 11:36 AM..