Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-01-2008, 04:23 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

I totally agree that that lower register of her voice is what sets her apart from other very good voices. I have said it before and I will say it again. I could be wrong ,but in Psychedelics her voice is heavily synthesized to the higher tones. Probably to give her voice an etheric sound related to techno music. Psychedelics is a good album but I too miss the full range of Alizee's voice. I agree Barrett that PLP would be a great single. My favorite on the whole album. It also now that it has been mentioned about the lower range of Alizee's voice; that PLP was the closest song that Alizee got close to that lower register of her voice. I could have worded that better, but I am thinking outloud as I write this if you know what I mean. veery interesting thread so far.
Old 11-01-2008, 12:06 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Singing live in a concert hall in a lower register is much harder to do. They might have arranged Alizée’s newer songs in a higher register to be easier to sing in concert situations. Or she may have just been looking for a different sound. I think Alizée doesn’t always realize what we love most about her.

I have to say that Alizée does not have a great voice if you judge it on technical skills only. But in the world of popular music, we often prefer someone who has a distinct and different voice, a voice with qualities that touch your heart. A highly trained voice doesn’t necessarily connect with us in that way. It’s not a singing contest, it’s what appeals to you that matters in pop music. Just look back at all the greatest hits in pop music. Most of them were sung by people who would not be considered great singers if judged strictly on technical merit.

Alizée’s singing is best in a controlled environment like a recording studio or a sound stage like the TV5 performance. She seems to do better on the softer, slower songs when singing live. She does have problems singing in bigger concert settings where hearing herself is harder. I think she really needs to work on that. But as Rev said, it’s the total package and she has a lot of appeal. Personally, I like the sound of her voice and it appeals to me.

One last thing, I buy other artist’s music and I am interested in knowing about their creative process, but that is where my interest ends. Alizée is the first artist that I have cared about beyond the music. I am interested in, and care about her as a person. That adds a whole other level of connection and appeal for me. I love her music, but I really care about her, too. If she ever leaves the music business, I will miss a lot more than just her music and the sound of her voice. I will miss Alizée, the person.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:08 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Singing live in a concert hall in a lower register is much harder to do. They might have arranged Alizée’s newer songs in a higher register to be easier to sing in concert situations. Or she may have just been looking for a different sound. I think Alizée doesn’t always realize what we love most about her.

I have to say that Alizée does not have a great voice if you judge it on technical skills only. But in the world of popular music, we often prefer someone who has a distinct and different voice, a voice with qualities that touch your heart. A highly trained voice doesn’t necessarily connect with us in that way. It’s not a singing contest, it’s what appeals to you that matters in pop music. Just look back at all the greatest hits in pop music. Most of them were sung by people who would not be considered great singers if judged strictly on technical merit.

Alizée’s singing is best in a controlled environment like a recording studio or a sound stage like the TV5 performance. She seems to do better on the softer, slower songs when singing live. She does have problems singing in bigger concert settings where hearing herself is harder. I think she really needs to work on that. But as Rev said, it’s the total package and she has a lot of appeal. Personally, I like the sound of her voice and it appeals to me.

One last thing, I buy other artist’s music and I am interested in knowing about their creative process, but that is where my interest ends. Alizée is the first artist that I have cared about beyond the music. I am interested in, and care about her as a person. That adds a whole other level of connection and appeal for me. I love her music, but I really care about her, too. If she ever leaves the music business, I will miss a lot more than just her music and the sound of her voice. I will miss Alizée, the person.
Very well said and I can't agree with you more on all counts.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:05 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Her personality has drawn me in as well. I want her to be happy, and am sad that she is going through a difficult time. I hope Mexico brought her a lot of joy.