Old 06-25-2010, 01:10 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road
Default Les Collines (Never Leave You)

Please discuss:
1)What this song means to you.
2)What do you feel about this song.
3)What you like/don't like, and why.
4)How good it is from a musical standpoint.
__________________________________________________ _______________
Please refrain from using one-line comments (ex. "I Agree" "It's Awesome")
__________________________________________________ _______________

1)This song makes me think of leaving my friends that I've known for years behind when I have to move. I am glad I don't have to move anymore but it was annoying when I had to leave what I loved. It's obvious this song is about a person or place that the person in the song is leaving.

2) I know its not actually about Alizee, but this is my interpretation of how it relates to her. I feel that this is sort of Alizee leaving behind her past that she loved so dearly. She left Mylene who she admired greatly, she left her friends and normal life behind, and eventually in 2007-Present she had to leave her French Fanbase behind. Her French Fanbase is almost nonexistent. So I hate to think of this song as an end, so I think of it as a great beginning....

3)I like the repetition of the chorus. And the "ooohhhh" makes me all tingly inside haha. But I also love the beat.

4)This song is great musically. It has a modest beat and is very simple. Her voice matches the music and makes the song flow very well. Great song to be remixed.

Last edited by User22; 07-04-2010 at 01:20 AM..
Old 06-25-2010, 01:22 PM
Alizée Always And Forever

RobandSandy is on a distinguished road

Sometimes it may make me homesick because I love Cleveland and I did not really want to leave her deep down. Sometimes it makes me feel like I will never leave Alizée's music behind me. There is really nothing about this song I dislike at all. It is my #2 overall fave by Alizée headed up by only Limelight off of the same album UEDS. And from a musical stanpoint,,,,great,stong bassline, good beat, good to dance to, should be a club hit,,,, sounds really great when I crank it up.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertrhein View Post
great,stong bassline, good beat, good to dance to, should be a club hit,,,, sounds really great when I crank it up.
Yes it is definitely a song that should be remixed officially by another group or something. And I believe some people have already made remixes so we should see some of them pop up very soon. It is a very good song musically, yes, yes it is.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:01 PM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Yes it is definitely a song that should be remixed officially by another group or something. And I believe some people have already made remixes so we should see some of them pop up very soon. It is a very good song musically, yes, yes it is.
Most of the people who remix the songs unofficially might be waiting for the release of the acapella of songs from this album. Since they released the acapella for the previous album Psychedelices, so we can expect it this time too. Once it released, we will definitely see many unofficial remixes.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
Most of the people who remix the songs unofficially might be waiting for the release of the acapella of songs from this album. Since they released the acapella for the previous album Psychedelices, so we can expect it this time too. Once it released, we will definitely see many unofficial remixes.
Ah this makes sense. I forgot that that's how people make the remixes haha. I can't wait for them to be released!
Old 06-25-2010, 06:49 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

This was one of the first songs I heard in full from the album along with Limelight and I fell in love with them. I knew I was going to really enjoy the album. Of course the song, to me, is about never wanting to leave something or someone. But sometimes we must. It reminds me of how there are certain things and people I didn't want to leave but had to, but I can always enjoy the memories.

The song can bring that sadness of not wanting to leave something, some place, or someone but it can also bring that sense of always having the memories to enjoy. A sense of good times.

Some may say the song is too repetitive but I enjoy every second of it. I don't mind Alizée singing to me about how she never wants to leave me . And I just love the little high stressed note she puts on certain words when singing them in the song like "léger" "panser" and "blessés". The beat and percussion is just sweet and of course the music is just great.

And as for remixes... I wouldn't mind hearing an official one. That would cool. I really like remixes and I think this album is just great for them. Here is a decent remix I found of this song.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AMjiBIq8-Sg&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"> </param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AMjiBIq8-Sg&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 06-25-2010, 08:29 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

1)What this song means to you.

I remember reading about this song in the translations section of AAM and it really spoke to me. In a nutshell, something about Alizée following Edie around for a day in NY and deciding that it's not for her. She's not into the whole glamourous scene and is more of a family person, etc.

2)What do you feel about this song.

I listen to this song frequently when I'm walking around New York, especially in Manhattan. Sometimes I would see snobby women with their expensive coach bags, oversized sunglasses, and New York attitude and think to myself, "this is not for me." The city itself I love since I grew up here, but I always fantasize about meeting someone like Alizée, marrying her, and living somewhere more rural...somewhere less hectic. But at the same time I would want to come back to NY every once in a while. Hence, "New York I'm sorry, I loved you so...but I have to go" along with, "never wanna leave you..."

I like how this song feels like it was written just for me; I'm able to connect to it on a very personal level. And when I hear "Never wanna leave you..." I immediately picture her speaking to me.

It is unbelievably catchy. The replay value is high since I can listen to it over and over again without getting bored with it...which kind of reminds me of when I first heard "Moi...Lolita." The replay value of a song definitely speaks a lot about its quality. Good song.
Old 07-04-2010, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rictor View Post

I like how this song feels like it was written just for me; I'm able to connect to it on a very personal level. And when I hear "Never wanna leave you..." I immediately picture her speaking to me.

It is unbelievably catchy. The replay value is high since I can listen to it over and over again without getting bored with it...which kind of reminds me of when I first heard "Moi...Lolita." The replay value of a song definitely speaks a lot about its quality. Good song.
She does make the song feel like it is being written or sang for the listener. That is a great quality about it.

I never knew there was a term for the replay of the chorus throughout a song, so yes the replay value made me love it just like Moi...Lolita.

Tags
alizee, discussion, les collines, song, ueds