Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-12-2010, 03:56 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PCpXxW5xqsA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PCpXxW5xqsA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Can you say "Add to Favorites"
Old 07-12-2010, 05:05 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

This is why I love my Youtube Downloader
Old 07-13-2010, 02:48 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Was it this face?

True, some parents see children as a burden, but most see them as a blessing. A lot of parents not only willingly do whatever they can for their kids, but also wish they could do a lot more.

As for Alizée, she'd been going to dance school, and by the time she was "discovered" her parents already knew their girl was far too talented to keep to themselves forever. I think the toughest "sacrifice" parents have to make is when they let their children go.
And if you watch the translations of that Grains de star interview with Jo, as I recall, he said something about Alizée's mother pushing Alizée to do the performance stuff or keep her discipline up in any case. This was success for Alizée's mother as well as Alizée.

So, I'm going to have to say no. I know that every decision precludes the possibility of an alternate decision and maybe for a few years Alizée had to give up time with friends and family and felt lonely sometimes in order to pursue what she has characterized as a dream come true. She has surely had to put up with stuff like paparazzi for a while, but she is living a normal life for the most part and has for several years. (whatever the heck normal is). Maybe I just don't know what normal is because I've never been it. I got to give up a normal life with no achievement to show for it. Anyway, if you want to speak of sacrifice in her life in order to enjoy romanticizing it; well, go ahead then. Otherwise, I'll say that for her sake alone, I hope Alizée does not get too bored and finds enough achievement to maintain a contented life, no sacrifice required. I think I would have been more contented with my life if I had been able to feel like what I've given up out of my "normal" life could have contributed to her success in elevating the lives of others.

Beyond all that, yes Scruffy, I can't imagine what I might feel as a father in Joseph's place, but if I had been in Jérémy's place, for example, I can well imagine never wanting to spend another day of life without her. Of course, I don't know how they live their lives each day; so it indeed is just my imagination.

Merci Fanny
Old 01-20-2013, 03:40 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
It must have been really tough on Alizée's parents when she was discovered by MF and LB. In her father's case, most fathers expect that when their daughters graduate from high school, that there's a good chance they might move off to college or maybe a job in a city far away and they're usually mentally prepared for that. But with Alizée, after being discovered, she left school I believe it was 2 years early. Even though from what I've heard, she went home on just about every weekend, I'm sure she spent a lot of time on those weekends with her freinds, telling them all about her experiences and the people she met. So he probably spent little time with her compared to before she was discovered. Knowing he'd be losing so much time with her, it must have been tough for him to let her go. Such a bright spot in his every day life, leaving him far sooner than he ever anticipated. But he allowed her to do it, because he knew it was a chance of a life time for her, knew she'd enjoy what she was doing. He did it knowing he'd be losing the biggest ray of sunshine in his life, because he loved her.

As far as her mother is concerned. From what I read, she traveled with her every where she went, until she was 18. That was what they agreed upon in order for her to drop out of school. Taking correspondence lessons was too a part of the agreement. So her mother left her home, her life, her husband on Corsica, just about every week.. I'm sure she enjoyed many of her days in Paris. But in my line of work, There's been a few occassions where I've been living in one city and working in another far away and I can tell you all that travelling get's old real quick. But she did it. She did it for Alizée.

Her two parents made big sacrifices for her, because they loved her.

I wonder if Alizée realizes how big a sacrifice they made?

When I was a teenager, I had some cousins who due to our love for skiing, became very close. I used to go up to their place to pick them up on the way to the mountains. Now none of us kids had much money. But my aunt, who was seperated, would give what little money she had to her kids, so they could go. I didn't realize til later on in life when I was going through some tough financial times of my own, what a big sacrifice she had made for us. A few years later, after getting married and getting a job that had good travel benefits, I had hoped to take my aunt and my mother who had made sacrifices for me on some trips as a way of repaying them. Well my aunt had arthritis in her knees real bad. She had to go through knee replacement surgery on 2 occassions.. After the first one, I would stop at the hospital every day on my way to work with newspapers, magazines, pictures of our many pets which she loved to see. Nobody else in her family stopped by as often as me.

Then about a month later, she had the second knee replaced. Once again I was visiting her every day. Then there came Valentines day. I had gone down to my parents house to do some remodeling work on their bathroom. I had picked up a box of chocolates that I planned on dropping off at my aunts on the way home. Well the work at my parents place took longer than expected and I was dam tired when I left for the hour long drive to the hospital near my home, so I decided not to go. Well I forget the exact story, but I believe my aunt wasn't supposed to be taking aspirin, but she took it anyways. She had a blood clot and because there was no monitoring equipment on her, she passed away that night. There were a lot of feelings about what happened but I'd just like to say about one of them is that I felt cheated, because I had hoped to repay her more for what she did for us.

So I'm just wondering does Alizée know how big a sacrifice her parents made for her. I'm sure she probably does and I know she would have done the exact same thing for them.

Wooah... Dave, that was intense, made my eyes water...

But I personally believe , that Mylène became sort of a sister to fill part of the gap caused by the distance.

Here is the one and only public appearance of both Alizée and Mylène (jump to 5:10) :

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="[video=youtube;1LPbS3vkloE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LPbS3vkloE[/video]&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1LPbS3vkloE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..

Last edited by lapinschous; 01-20-2013 at 03:42 PM..