Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 05-19-2013, 08:52 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronos View Post
Oh no, you found some bad reviews of an album, it's not like you can find good and bad reviews of fucking everything right?

I'm quite sure most fans are quite aware of her situation, but thanks anyway for being such a hero and taking "responsibility" by spreading even more shit into these forums. I'm really not sure what you hope to achieve by making me "aware" of these reviews? Is knowing that the general public does not listen to her supposed to make me enjoy 5 more or less, or do you want me to run around the streets putting stickers on peoples cars screaming to everyone to buy her album?

This is exactly why I don't post much on forums, people really can't accept where she is now and you can't go 2 pages without someone bitching about how she isn't acting like that, dancing like this and oh my god I wish she would stop getting tattoos even though it's quite obvious at this point that she doesn't give a fuck.

And no I'm not upset because of some bad reviews, it's you people circulating them, outweighing the good ones, and constantly poisoning this community with ridiculous amounts of pessimism. I really don't want to listen to Je veux bien and start thinking, oh no, will this be sung on TV anytime soon? Will she have a concert?

Just enjoy the music, jesus christ
Butthurt much? Face the reality, breh.

I hate to say it, but I think Alizee is toast.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:55 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uroboros View Post
I can't imagine life without Alizée singing anymore
Me neither! But even if Sony cancels their contract with Alizée I don't think she would stop singing, maybe she will go for another contract with a smaller french or mexican label... but of course it would mean a far lesser budget for her promos...

But I'm still positive that if the Je Veux Bien music video is a success , and if she keeps surfing on the "France Gall wave" like Jenifer , she will manage to keep her head above the water

We're talking about our unpredictable little after all!

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 05-19-2013, 09:06 PM
Bring me the Trade Wind! =D

Uroboros is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post

But I'm still positive that if the Je Veux Bien music video is a success , and if she keeps surfing on the "France Gall wave" like Jenifer , she will manage to keep her head above the water
I'll be praying for this, my friend!

I feel sorry for the fans who live in France and other countries where she is in the media. On my daily life, there would be no difference, since absolutely no one seems to know Alizée here. However, internet would be a lot more senseless for me without the wait for an Zée-update on facebook or You Tube...

Geez, it creeps me out just to think about it
Old 05-19-2013, 11:54 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uroboros View Post
However, internet would be a lot more senseless for me without the wait for an Zée-update on facebook or You Tube...

Geez, it creeps me out just to think about it
I know how you feel, can you imagine going back to before you found Alizée? When you didn't have anything Zée to look forward to?
Old 05-20-2013, 03:27 AM
Senior Moment

P♠N is on a distinguished road

The sales figures are based on certain stores' willingness to share their data.
It does not reflect the sales in France. Only in some stores in France.
The numbers are for CDs only.

Does it surprise anybody that people buy less CDs now than they did in 2003?

The "album sales figure " does not reflect the fact that a large percentage of Alizée's audience is outside of France, thus buying their music outside of France.

The reported figures ignore digital sales; digital stores; Amazon.com (Fod God's sake?!); stores in other countries.

Here's something else:

If 95% of Alizée's Facebook fans did not buy the album, that still means 30000 sales.

Apart from Alizée and her team, nobody has accurate sales figures; least of all French tabloids who certainly do not care about "informing the public".
Old 05-20-2013, 04:36 AM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

She still hasn't made it to 10,000 units solds , that's been confirmed .
I don't how much money she made out of them though...

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 05-20-2013, 06:58 AM
Оле Оле

alizeefan is on a distinguished road

"Alizée: Her comeback is a total flop !"

Don't call it a comeback , she's been here for years - ROCKING her peers .

Those being very small have been heard to say that being smalls o k .
Those getting rather large , may come to find they've left their space behind .

A few more things I found funny , when Karin replied it is funny how things must always be turned into the bad side views . This is reflected in a few of my subjects which had nothing even to do with meaningless sales and numbers and then when immaturely manipulated into such when replied to become upset that anyone would see the greener side of the fence and refusing to even consider with any objectivity at all . The most hilarious part is and no one can answer . How do we always keep going back to , her career is done , she keeps losing money , she is a failure , thus saying from reading critics bs she will NEVER have another album , song , performance , video and so on . Yet here we are again year after year with her having new songs , albums , videos and so on . I'd really love to know how many more albums of failures in the eyes of these " critics " , til she is broke and no major label will sign her til those with that attitude give up on the ridiculousness of such ideals . Then again i'll bet that non-sense will continue forever . Fact of the matter is there she is without a doubt a highly acclaimed and successful artist . PERIOD .

Why the heck would anyone even ever want to read critics bs ?
Don't get me wrong make subjects as you wish here but please consider this . .
If you were Alizee and most of the subjects at forums like this are turned into just as the critics put it how bad everything is it's no wonder she may read here once in awhile but would never herself participate in these type forums . Then again for all I know Karin is Alizee scoffing at the very critics here incognito , not that I think that and the former true .

You know what they say about critics . . or maybe not ? It's a well known saying and well known for a reason . .

The most sad thing about critics and tabloid bs . . . Those trash rags only exist because people buy them and into the ideals always the bad side and love the drama . They would NEVER or rarely tell a good story about say some charity work she did because those good stories aren't interesting to most who love to buy right up the dramatic , sad gossipy stories . Don't read me wrong there either , to each his own on what you collect of Alizee and if she is featured in a magazine , online story feel free to spend time as you see fit and I see nothing wrong with that or discussions of such . Just don't become obtuse when some won't agree to the point of refusing to even acknowledge or see the other side of things .

Lap you being the subject author and obviously by your replies especially about the enthusiasm created within such subject do not reflect the attitude of my statement above don't take this as some attack upon yourself it's more an over all reflection of my views at this forum . Which I think is also where many of the replies above come from and you're seeing them as more replies to any of your comments herein . But i'd like to leave you with one final thought -

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
She still hasn't made it to 10,000 units solds , that's been confirmed .
I don't how much money she made out of them though...
Does it really matter how much money she made on this album , I mean she does have money right ? She is still working right ? She does still have a few fans right ? Isn't that what its all about and not how much money she is making off any one particular item in a long career ?

To give an example of such critical bs and if you want the link showing the interactions i'll provide ya'll proof .
There is a girl who recently won in France the Incroyable Talent . . .
Before that for a couple years she had very few fans , as a matter of fact I was pretty much her only fan besides her own family . She wasn't making money singing and only was a youtube video singer , yet happy to be doing such . Once the critics started in on her pre-fame award winning days , similar to Alizee how her English wasn't perfect instead of listening to them . Listened to me saying that her English pronunciations in a French accent was cute and a few misused words were part of her unique charm so don't change just for the critics . She then went on to win 100 grand and Incroyable talent with the same songs , same voice and same as the critics had put it poor use of English who would never win on a prime tv show competition without changing . . . Yet if she had changed for them she may not have won for all we know , may have but may not . Fact is she didn't change voice wise besides a lot of hard work to get there and DID win . . That wasn't the only critic non-sense and is one example of many faced . So to say , critics are usually wrong and while that may not be in the eyes of those who focus only on money and sales numbers has little to do with over all success in a career standpoint . Especially with one so successful over ALL and very happy within that success no matter what anyone says as an Alizee is .

Last edited by alizeefan; 05-20-2013 at 07:34 AM..
Old 05-20-2013, 07:19 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

Lapinscous, thank you for the translations.
While we all have our own unique feelings on this "critic" matter, I personally find it good to enjoy Alizée as much as possible. None of us can predict how things will turn out for sure, so enjoy the "here and now" here and now.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:41 AM
Оле Оле

alizeefan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkmale View Post
Very harsh and unnecessary comment Kronos.......
I LOVED how Kronos put it , makes perfect sense to me and wasn't harsh at all to anyone . Then again maybe that is sarcastic but I don't get it if so .
Old 05-20-2013, 08:06 AM

JoeNY is on a distinguished road

The French are in their own little world when it comes to music. I've realized this ever since I started following Alizee. Have you ever taken a look at the Billboard charts for France? Remember René la Taupe at the top of their charts?

I don't think it's that surprising that Alizee would struggle with album sales in France. Her fans and market is everywhere but France. You've sifted through her Youtube videos. Probably a couple of hundred million views since 2006 (when Youtube began and after she retired). Most of the comments are in English and Spanish. There are more comments in Russian and Chinese than French. Unfortunately, most of the people enamored with Alizee have no idea she is still singing and just released a new album. I honestly will not be surprised if Alizee's US sales for "5" surpasses her sales in France. And that's with no marketing to her U.S. audience.