Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 08-16-2015, 07:49 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
An article I saw today linked to this blog, some info about the summer solstice and Corsican traditions.

http://www.paperblog.fr/642220/la-tr...tice-en-corse/
This maybe explains some of the superstitious nature of Alizée.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
Third annual Grande Braderie in Ajaccio Aug 20-22
Had tolook up Braderie. Means clearance sale.
Old 08-17-2015, 07:37 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road
Default More about the 3rd Grande Braderie of Ajaccio

Here is some more info about this year's event. Nothing to suggest that Alizée will participate this year I only mention it at all since Alizée was the godmother of the 1st Grande Braderie of Ajaccio two years ago. She was part of the opening ceremonies of the event, and she held a small autograph session right there on her birthday, in her hometown.

For the sake of reminiscing, here are some links to some threads here at AAm about the event. Our very own Scruffydog777 made the long difficult journey that first year to bring us some incredible photos and videos

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7616

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7618

http://www.corsenetinfos.fr/A-Ajacci...le_a16714.html
Quote:
In Ajaccio from 20 to 23 July: The Great Fair of downtown

Third name, the large market of the city center this year will bring together more than 200 traders three days on all the thoroughfares of the city, namely over Napoleon, Fesch street, avenue of the First Consul Emmanuel Street Arena, Stephanopoli street (pedestrian) and Avenue de Paris. This 9 to 20 pm and on Friday until midnight. Ambience

The tandem CCI-Ajaccio town hall decided to set up these days to better address issues related to downtown. That's done in the general enthusiasm to better compensate for the decline in the attractiveness of the city center. This is called taking the bull by the horns to better help the traders in the city and allow them to compensate for the poor performance of some difficult times.

The initiative is significant when you know the economic situation. It serves primarily to boost attendance downtown shops while participating in the establishment of a development plan and revitalization.

It must be said that since the establishment of the e Associu Cummerciu sviluppu in Aiacciu last June, things are moving fast, and initiatives are multiplying. The Presidency was entrusted to the deputy mayor of Ajaccio, Laurent Marcangeli with, at his side, Jean-André Miniconi, President of the CCI 2A, Jean-Claude Meyer, President of the Association of Commercial Action CCI Christian Balzano, Deputy Mayor, Ambrose Fieschi, treasurer of the ICC, Marie Antoinette Santoni-Brunelli, Vice President of CAPA responsible economic development. A strong and united team completed by the manager of downtown LEAUTHIER Roxane, whose role is to mobilize and lead the network of local actors, unite and engage the world traders, develop and implement a comprehensive plan for revitalization the economic offer and finally, promote and enhance trade territory.
Roxane LEAUTHIER additionally performs the interface between traders and Associu.

Trade associations also ...
For this third edition, traders of the entire downtown wished to participate in the large market. They are about 200 to have mobilized around this event with the various associations, ie, the Fesch Street Merchants Committee, the Golden Triangle, Core CITA, the Place Du Côté Abbatucci, Imperial Courts and cità Viva.

See you on August 20 from 9 am 30.

A Ajaccio du 20 au 23 août : La Grande Braderie du centre ville

Troisième du nom, la grande braderie du centre ville réunira cette année pas moins de 200 commerçants trois jours durant sur l’ensemble des artères de la ville, à savoir cours Napoléon, rue Fesch, avenue du Premier Consul, rue Emmanuel Arène, rue Stephanopoli (piétonnes) et avenue de Paris. Cela de 9 à 20 heures et le vendredi jusqu’à minuit. Ambiance

Le tandem CCI-mairie d’Ajaccio a décidé de mettre en place ces journées pour mieux répondre aux problématiques liées au centre-ville. Voilà qui est fait dans l’enthousiasme général pour mieux palier à la baisse d’attractivité du centre-ville. Cela s’appelle prendre le taureau par les cornes pour mieux venir en aide aux commerçants de la ville et leur permettre de compenser les mauvais résultats de certaines périodes difficiles.

L’initiative est appréciable lorsqu’on connaît la situation économique. Elle permet surtout de relancer la fréquentation des commerces du centre ville tout en participant à la mise en place d’un plan de développement et de dynamisation.

Il faut dire que depuis la création de l’Associu Cummerciu e sviluppu in Aiacciu en juin dernier, les choses avancent à grands pas et les initiatives se multiplient. La présidence en a été confiée au député-maire d’Ajaccio, Laurent Marcangeli, avec, à ses côtés, Jean-André Miniconi, président de la CCI 2A, Jean-Claude Meyer, président de l’association Action Commerciale de la CCI, Christian Balzano, adjoint au maire, Ambroise Fieschi, trésorier de la CCI, Marie-Antoinette Santoni-Brunelli, vice-présidente de la CAPA chargée du développement économique. Une équipe solide et unie complétée par la manager du centre-ville Roxane Leauthier, dont le rôle consiste à mobiliser et animer le réseau des acteurs du territoire, fédérer et impliquer le monde des commerçants, concevoir et mettre en œuvre un plan global de dynamisation de l’offre économique et , enfin, promouvoir et valoriser le commerce du territoire.
Roxane Leauthier effectue en outre l’interface entre les commerçants et l’Associu.

Les associations de commerçants aussi…
Pour cette troisième édition, les commerçants de l’ensemble du centre ville ont souhaité participer à la grande braderie. Ils sont environ 200 à s’être mobilisés autour de cet événement avec les différentes associations, à savoir, le Comité des Commerçants de la rue Fesch, le Triangle d’Or, Core Cità, Du Côté de la Place Abbatucci, le Cours Impérial et Cità Viva.

Rendez-vous donc le 20 août à partir de 9 h 30.
Old 10-10-2015, 11:11 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Report about tourism in Corsica

http://france3-regions.francetvinfo....te-826791.html
Old 10-11-2015, 10:20 AM

Trying to read through the Bing translation, looks like the hotels financially are doing okay but that might be threatened by a tax break they'll be losing in the next few years, but overall they have a good tourist industry there.

I guess one of the main places they would get visitors from is Italy, but that has dropped off. I'm sure due to economic conditions there. I have a co-worker who's Italian and he goes back every year to the Naples area where he has a second home. He's often spoke of how bad things are there economy wise. He just got back last week from this years trip. When ever I get back to work, I'll have to get an update.

It also said most hotels are privately owned which helps keep costs down and the health up of the industry. There are not many big hotels there, maybe because the industry is very seasonal.

Air traffic is slowly overtaking marine traffic which I think can be expected.

The ferry is a pleasant trip over. When I went, I opted to take one at night that arrived early in the morning. There was one leaving from Marseille around 9pm and one leaving from Nice around midnight. I opted for the 9pm one so I could get more sleep on the way over, but after getting on board, I found the one that leaves from Marseille goes over to Nice and leaves from there. Less sleep but more to see.
Old 10-18-2015, 10:50 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

More young French saying 'au revoir' to their homeland

Paris (AFP) - Jessica caught the travel bug and never came back, Frederic wanted a bigger market for his start-up and Nicolas was just tired of the vexing daily grind in France that was eating away at his joie de vivre.

So they left to Australia, New York or Canada, becoming part of the growing wave of young French citizens seeking a future elsewhere.

The official statistics agency INSEE said this week that between 2006 and 2013, the number of French emigrating jumped from 140,000 a year to 200,000, 80 percent of them between 18 and 29 years old.

Full Story: More-young-french-saying-au-revoir-homeland
Old 10-19-2015, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
More young French saying 'au revoir' to their homeland

Paris (AFP) - Jessica caught the travel bug and never came back, Frederic wanted a bigger market for his start-up and Nicolas was just tired of the vexing daily grind in France that was eating away at his joie de vivre.

So they left to Australia, New York or Canada, becoming part of the growing wave of young French citizens seeking a future elsewhere.

The official statistics agency INSEE said this week that between 2006 and 2013, the number of French emigrating jumped from 140,000 a year to 200,000, 80 percent of them between 18 and 29 years old.

Full Story: More-young-french-saying-au-revoir-homeland
So what's fueling the exodus; high taxes, lack of good job opportunities in France? I heard years ago they weren't going to be able to support all the people who would be retiring in the future; a similar situation to what's expected to happen with our social security system. They tried bringing in a lot of immigrants, thinking that would add more taxpayers to the country and that back fired on them so their future probably looks as bleak as ours right now and any drastic moves needed to correct it such as raising the retirement age goes over like a lead balloon.