Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 01-23-2018, 11:33 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Attachment 1823

Yes. Season 4 has been the highest so far. In fact, the subsequent seasons have averaged 1 million less viewers. That is a very significant number. If I were the DALS management I would be digging for "why" every way I could.

Season 4 of DALS was very well managed. I give a lot of credit to the management for how the season progressed. More on this later.
I wonder how much of the ratings had to do with Alizée. She was a unique and even with the tats, a very beautiful character. But I think Brahim Zaibat might have had something to do with those ratings too. He was Madonna's boy toy at the time and a very good and very athletic dancer. He was tall, dark and good looking and very modest, which I think added a lot to his draw. So I think the high ratings might have had to do with both of these very interesting characters who seemed to be battling each other for the top spot most of the time.
Old 01-24-2018, 05:45 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

You're right about height vs weight on Alizée. It doesn't take much additional weight to have her look a little pudgy.

She is probably no more than 15lbs, 7 Kilos heavier than normal yet because she is so short it looks like 20-25 lbs, 10 kilos extra.
Old 01-24-2018, 06:42 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I wonder how much of the ratings had to do with Alizée. She was a unique and even with the tats, a very beautiful character. But I think Brahim Zaibat might have had something to do with those ratings too. He was Madonna's boy toy at the time and a very good and very athletic dancer. He was tall, dark and good looking and very modest, which I think added a lot to his draw. So I think the high ratings might have had to do with both of these very interesting characters who seemed to be battling each other for the top spot most of the time.
Perhaps it's the natural life cycle of these kind of shows. A bell curve. After the first season proves to be a hit, public interest is high for the next three or four seasons and the ratings peak, then the viewer gets less interested and the curve moves down. Sometimes quickly. A good case in point is American Idol.
Old 01-24-2018, 07:26 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Could be. However, I do believe it was the dynamic between Brahim and Alizée that did account for part of it. Also, Gregoire may have added another dimension near the end. The net result is that Season 4 was well above Season 3, and Season 5 dropped off precipitously, with Seasons 6 & 7 about the same as 5. Not a typical bell-curve shape after all.
Old 01-24-2018, 10:32 PM
Administrator

I am not discounting the role Alizee played in the big jump in ratings season 4. The season opener is when people check out who is involved and make decisions whether to continue investing their time in it. Seeing Alizee after what she went through is a human interest story in of itself.

Trying to recreate the numbers for that season might never happen no matter what. Do you remember the best times of your life? Most of the time they just happen. No real plan, all the right people were there at the right time, and everything just clicked. Try as hard as you can to recreate everything, and its never the same. Season 4 might have been their perfect storm.
Old 01-25-2018, 12:05 PM

kulli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
There might be a little language difference here due to our country's different ways of using slang, but here in the US, we don't really refer to extra weight around the thighs as "bulk", unless you work at the post office
Hmm ok
I meant not really overweight her thigh size is maybe naturally/ genetically just slightly bigger, just like some women naturally have bigger booties than others
Old 01-25-2018, 12:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulli View Post
Hmm ok
I meant not really overweight her thigh size is maybe naturally/ genetically just slightly bigger, just like some women naturally have bigger booties than others
No worries. I just thought the word "bulk" in this context was kind of funny.

We live in such a politically correct world that any suggestion that certain groups of people are more predisposed than others to have a certain trait is taboo. However, I am NOT politically correct so I tend to speak my mind freely.

I have always thought that Alizee looked more Italian than French. Corsica was occupied by Rome for centuries, so obviously Italian has been prevalent in the gene pool since then. I grew up as a Polish kid in a mainly Italian neighborhood near Chicago. I loved the Italian girls - the olive skin, dark hair and eyes, and they were so pretty. It probably heavily influenced my attraction to Alizee. But without a doubt, the Italian girls tended to grow up and develop larger bottoms and thighs than other ethnic groups I was around, even when their abdomens were still flat.

OK, I think I just am setting myself up for getting flamed by a female forum member. I got my fire suit ready!
Old 01-25-2018, 01:27 PM

kulli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post

I have always thought that Alizee looked more Italian than French. Corsica was occupied by Rome for centuries, so obviously Italian has been prevalent in the gene pool since then.
I read that she mentioned that she had some Sicilian ancestry. I think it was
during a photoshoot?

interesting discussion here
http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5095
Old 01-25-2018, 07:07 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Some vids from this past weekend. The first two go up to 4K.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHZ5RHEYAmM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrTfXxLk--Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHh02gRrnZo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9kTwjEdQi4
Old 01-26-2018, 01:08 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulli View Post
Hmm ok
I watched her thighs get larger as she went through DALS. She now has what are referred to as dancers legs.

Edit:

Thanks for the vids.

Last edited by Rev; 01-26-2018 at 01:08 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts