Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-08-2007, 01:00 AM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by theit77 View Post
Yeah, I'm lost as to what everyone disliked about 50/60. Do most French fans really think 50/60 is significantly worse than MJ? 50/60 had a good reception for the most part on this site, where was it disliked? Alizee Alliance? Alizee-Forum?
actually the couple other french fan forums i've seen also favored 50/60 over MJ. some people over at AFC were quite vocal for their dislike of MJ and were demanding single be switched to 50/60 (btw, i felt the same way also). what i was referring to was some shady article that speculated that 50/60 was supposed to be the debut single but due to the bad reception by the public upon its leak, it was hastily changed to MJ. then it added that 50/60 might even be off the album. the reason why this story doesn't make sense is because after MJ leaked, it was obvious from several polls and fan reactions that 50/60 was still favored over MJ. so if they really thought 50/60 reception was bad (which i didn't think so), then they should've waited and seen that MJ reception was even worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioactiveMan View Post
I heard that a lot of Mexican "fans" were vocal about disliking it.
no, i believe the mexican fans were demanding the single be switched to 50/60 from MJ.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:40 PM
Francophile!:D

Tye is on a distinguished road

I like both Mademoiselle Juliette and Fifty//Sixty in its rough form.

I don't think Lili would let the song be kept off the album, because even if it was true that it was received bad, one song isn't going to kill an entire album's sells. I think it is complete bull about it being left off, though.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:46 PM
Alizée Fan For Life

SilentFox is on a distinguished road

i would have to agree with you there Tye. One or two songs are not going to kill an album
Old 10-08-2007, 03:49 PM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tye View Post

I don't think Lili would let the song be kept off the album, because even if it was true that it was received bad, one song isn't going to kill an entire album's sells. I think it is complete bull about it being left off, though.
As much as I would like to think she does, I doubt that they would keep something just because "she wanted to". If the record company decided to axe a song, I don't think there is a lot she could do about it.

But, there is no way they are going to take away 50//60. It got a great reception from what I saw. If anything, they would remove MJ (which they didn't do, obviously).

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:52 PM

Capn is on a distinguished road

yeah on every poll I saw fifty/sixty beat MJ

Old 10-08-2007, 03:54 PM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tye View Post

Yeah I can't see it being left off either. Where there are those who don't like it there will be those who do like it, and to me so far over the forums it seems like more people like it than people that dislike it.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!
Old 10-09-2007, 12:31 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by theit77 View Post
whats harder to believe is that she or her record label would actually change the first single to be released based on the reaction of a few fans on a different continent
Especially since, as far as we know, it has still only been made available for French people to buy, though it is supposedly now playing (or soon) on radio stations in Mexico.

I think I liked 50/60 better, though I'm not sure now. I'll have to go listen again. Certainly when 50/60 first came around there was a bit of a shock factor. People wait for years and expect something, who knows what (though Rocket says it was exactly what she was expecting). Then when it was not exactly what they were expecting or hoping for or imagining it could be, then their is a period of adjustment.

It's too bad they aren't doing more singles. I'd like to have gotten 50/60 as a single and maybe other songs. It seems like they could play up the album more in that way. It can never be like when she was a novelty and hit the world unexpected, though. Even there, I wish they had made all the old songs into singles or made videos of them anyway. There are a couple of Alizée's old songs that there are no performances of whatsoever, right? Just what's on the album? From my perspective way after the fact, that's a little disturbing, though I realize it would be way beyond normal fashion if they had done all that. I just, of course, wish there was ever more of Alizée to go around.
It doesn't look like anything other than the MJ video is going to come about before the album is released. I wonder if they are going to make any Alizée materials available for normal purchase by Americans right away. If they are ever going to, what are they waiting for? Hopefully it's just the download-only option that they are not going to make available.

Merci Fanny
Old 10-09-2007, 12:49 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Especially since, as far as we know, it has still only been made available for French people to buy, though it is supposedly now playing (or soon) on radio stations in Mexico.

I think I liked 50/60 better, though I'm not sure now. I'll have to go listen again. Certainly when 50/60 first came around there was a bit of a shock factor. People wait for years and expect something, who knows what (though Rocket says it was exactly what she was expecting). Then when it was not exactly what they were expecting or hoping for or imagining it could be, then their is a period of adjustment.

It's too bad they aren't doing more singles. I'd like to have gotten 50/60 as a single and maybe other songs. It seems like they could play up the album more in that way. It can never be like when she was a novelty and hit the world unexpected, though. Even there, I wish they had made all the old songs into singles or made videos of them anyway. There are a couple of Alizée's old songs that there are no performances of whatsoever, right? Just what's on the album? From my perspective way after the fact, that's a little disturbing, though I realize it would be way beyond normal fashion if they had done all that. I just, of course, wish there was ever more of Alizée to go around.
It doesn't look like anything other than the MJ video is going to come about before the album is released. I wonder if they are going to make any Alizée materials available for normal purchase by Americans right away. If they are ever going to, what are they waiting for? Hopefully it's just the download-only option that they are not going to make available.

Hmm...how many albums by anyone have had videos made for *all* the songs? I can't think of too many frankly...
Old 10-09-2007, 01:17 AM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

my guess as to why MJ won out over 50/60 would be because while 50/60 was a good song, it was not a radical departure from the type of songs alizée did in the past. also, it might have been a bit too cutesy and not mature enough for people looking towards the new "grown up" alizée. for someone who is making a comeback after 3 1/2 years trying to reinvent her self w/o her former mentor(s), they probably decided that they need a song that's totally unlike what she's done in the past. a bit of shock factor to get people talking about it is good for publicity, too.

i even thought maybe they didn't have time to finish up 50/60 to make it presentable to the public. we know how the song started off good but took a dive towards the end. to me, the 2nd half of the song was very rough and almost unlistenable. perhaps they just couldn't get it together to complete the song for september and maybe they decided to take their time on it in time for the album and release a "short and to the point" song that was pretty much completed.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:35 AM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
It's too bad they aren't doing more singles. I'd like to have gotten 50/60 as a single and maybe other songs.
Who said there aren't going to be any more singles from Psychédélices? They don't release all of the singles at the same time or necessarily before the album. I was expecting 3 or 4 singles from the album eventually. Who knows, Fifty Sixty may end up as a single after all.