Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 06-21-2015, 02:24 PM

comjoz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post

You really nailed it.
Thanks for the wiki link. See what says there:

"Nicolas Canteloup (born in Mérignac, Gironde on 4 November 1963) is a French impressionist."

Impressionist (entertainment): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impres...tertainment%29
"An impressionist or a mimic is a performer whose act consists of imitating the voice and mannerisms of others. The word usually refers to a professional comedian/entertainer who specializes in such performances and has developed a wide repertoire of impressions ... In very broad contexts, "impersonator" may be substituted for "impressionist" ..."

https://www.facebook.com/Canteloup.E...?tab=page_info
"Imitateur de talent, il sait aussi bien reproduire les voix d'hommes que de femmes, et sur tous les terrains"
eng: "Talented impersonator, he knows as well reproduce the voices of men and women, on all terrains"

Since he is an impressionist or impersonator he could possibly be good for the role of Captain Jean-Luc Picard. This is really unbelievable, but he looks like Captain Jean-Luc Picard (Patrick Stewart) in his younger days.

Old 06-21-2015, 04:37 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Here is a trivia point for you guys. Lt. Worf can be seen as Officer Jebediah Turner on the TV series ChiP's. Another Chips cast member has direct ties to the new Star Trek movie series. Sgt. Getraer played by Robert Pine is the father of Chris Pine who plays Capt Kirk in the new Star Trek movies.
Old 06-22-2015, 09:00 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Here is a trivia point for you guys. Lt. Worf can be seen as Officer Jebediah Turner on the TV series ChiP's

Good old 7 David.

One of my favorite shows back then.

Let's not forget who else was on CHiPs...
Old 06-30-2015, 11:44 PM

comjoz is on a distinguished road

I know nothing about this Chips, but I noticed that people on the Internet compared Chips to the series being seen here in Europe, it's German TV series Cobra 11: http://www.rtl.hr/rtl-sada/serije/cobra-11/73120/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115088/...1?ref_=tt_bd_1
Old 07-04-2015, 11:54 PM
Оле Оле

alizeefan is on a distinguished road

Well . . . I love the character Guy Fleegman

I heard they are making a Galaxy Quest tv series soon .

Favorite series - Enterprise is the best one to me but the 7 of 9 Voyagers are
pretty good too .

Favorite movie - they didn't make it yet but they will soon . .
Which is based on the comics Starfleet Academy .

Favorite Characters - Tasha Yar and 7 but i must say being a fan of Enterprise i do love T'Pol and Phlox came to mind right away - great actor . Spot and Porthos honorable mentions .

Favorite Enterprise - NX-01 - Adding to my patch collection with my rare Alizée patch i just sewed on my Enterprise patches . .

The Enterprise flight suits look great are comfortable and most important to me make sense , i'm not a costume type of
person and never been to a comicon but i'd totally wear one of those - expensive costume though surely a few hundred .
Now i think many like me didn't give Enterprise a chance with Scott Baccula being he was type cast already sci-fi'd with
Quantum Leap . Which he is without a doubt my favorite captain . Add to that i recall it changed station as in was on one channel and switched to another . Then i recall when it aired the Star Trek purists could not get over the fact that there was nothing in the books on Enterprise and crew of NX-01 but with the whole time travel - temporal wars anything is possible . To me after watching them all - as in every series a few times - Enterprise is like a movie but much longer and they did a fantastic job tying in the other series stories . Kinda wish it didn't get cancelled early or they would do a movie on that crew . If you recall at the end they had to rob a ship of its warp coil to get home - that is where i'd start with the Enterprise movie - you'd figure they'd track those people down to give it back .

Just remembered i'd invested in the Playmates ST Ships and more than doubled my money when i sold them not many years later . I believe it was the Voyager one was rare and sells for a few hundred bucks - not bad for paying 20 .

Last edited by alizeefan; 07-05-2015 at 12:47 AM..