Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-04-2008, 09:08 AM

Riccardo is on a distinguished road
Default Alizees popularity?

What do you guys think wil Alizee be as popular as she was before? Even myself I struggle a bit keeping up with news as not much is happening and the interest decreases..

Visit my private site
www.riccardo-ulpts.com
Old 10-04-2008, 12:00 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I don't think she will ever be as popular overall as she was in the Gourmandises era. That was a "one in a million" long shot where the stars aligned perfectly for her, and is not likely to be achieved again.

I do believe she has opportunities to gain popularity in other countries as she has in Mexico, and I don't think it's too late for her to gain some back in France and Europe. But there has been a lack of effective marketing by her record company (which I hope is going to change) and she doesn't seem willing to connect to her fans by herself. I think it’s important for her to take some of these matters into her own hands to hang on to what she has accomplished so far with this current album and not let the momentum and interest die.

As I and others have said in other posts, one thing she could do is to make use of the bulletin feature on her myspace page to maintain a connection with her fans and keep interest up. I think it would really help her maintain or increase her popularity if she would reach out to her fans a bit more. Other than that, this is a tough time in the music industry. All the more reason for her to do what she can to hold on to her fan base.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:24 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

She needs more fan interaction, surprises, and promotion, also she needs a better record company because the old one was crap and I don't know how the new one will do.

Also she needs to head a specific direction, as much as I love experimentation, that's not what society today loves, and society today likes one-toned albums (for the most part).

Aside from that, she'll have a good rise in popularity again, Gourmandises-era-esque? I have to say, not really.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:28 PM
In pursuit...

mavsluver41 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I don't think she will ever be as popular overall as she was in the Gourmandises era...I don't think it's too late for her to gain some back in France and Europe....I think it’s important for her to take some of these matters into her own hands to hang on to what she has accomplished so far with this current album and not let the momentum and interest die
I agree with Lefty on all accounts. The thing is, she could easily make a bulletin or connect with her fans in some other way, but simply doesn't. Yes her record label was incompetent and negligent, but in the end, it all depends on whether her heart is into it, and whether she is truly willing to reach that level of popularity again. She is the arbiter of her own fate in my opinion. The concert coming up will be a huge point in her career, whether up or down from there is yet to be seen.
Old 10-04-2008, 10:32 PM

Lerxst is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsluver41 View Post
...but in the end, it all depends on whether her heart is into it, and whether she is truly willing to reach that level of popularity again.
That's one thing that has struck me about Alizee since her comeback. I get the feeling that she doesn't want to become too popular again. It looks like she wants to be successful enough that she can make a living at this, but not so successful that it interferes with her personal and family life.

I think that's one of the reasons she has mentioned for not trying to crack the American market. She's worried that if she makes it big here, the media will swallow her up (a la Britney and the rest) and she won't be able to have a private life.
Old 10-05-2008, 01:38 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsluver41 View Post
I agree with Lefty on all accounts. The thing is, she could easily make a bulletin or connect with her fans in some other way, but simply doesn't. Yes her record label was incompetent and negligent, but in the end, it all depends on whether her heart is into it, and whether she is truly willing to reach that level of popularity again. She is the arbiter of her own fate in my opinion. The concert coming up will be a huge point in her career, whether up or down from there is yet to be seen.
I agree. She has the ability to communicate easily with her fans. The fact that she is not communicating more is evidence of a choice she is making. The question is why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
That's one thing that has struck me about Alizee since her comeback. I get the feeling that she doesn't want to become too popular again. It looks like she wants to be successful enough that she can make a living at this, but not so successful that it interferes with her personal and family life.

I think that's one of the reasons she has mentioned for not trying to crack the American market. She's worried that if she makes it big here, the media will swallow her up (a la Britney and the rest) and she won't be able to have a private life.
I get mixed messages on this. I agree that she wants to maintain a sane family life. However, I do think she wants to be more popular in France than she currently is.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:55 AM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

On of the things I never liked about Alizee was her connection with her fans. There are several 'super' stars who don't connect with their fans but still maintain a large following. Harrison Ford comes to mind. But if you're going to have a myspace then you are expected to say something to your fans. When I had my own myspace I had Alizee and Shakira on my friends list. I have recieved several comments and bulletins from Shakira but nothing from Alizee.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:26 AM
Lili Addict

Idéaliser is on a distinguished road

She might be able to pull something like it off if she interacted with fans more, maybe do another stars à domicile xD
Old 10-05-2008, 03:09 PM

Topaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Very insightful.

I would guess when the time is right, lightning will strike twice.

Quote:
not trying to crack the American market.
Not yet.

Old 10-05-2008, 06:00 PM

patyl is on a distinguished road

MTV-LA is doing special programs celebrating 15 years on air. A preview for the MTV-LatinAmerica Awards...

Today a special show called: "15 years, 150 videos" with the best videos during these years and guess who is included .....¿?

ALIZEE of course!!!!

#138 position.... a quick explanation of her career and a quick spot of MJ video....

I think this is cool and hope this motivates Alizee to continue with her single career in France ....and worldwide of course