Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-05-2008, 06:25 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
That's one thing that has struck me about Alizee since her comeback. I get the feeling that she doesn't want to become too popular again. It looks like she wants to be successful enough that she can make a living at this, but not so successful that it interferes with her personal and family life.
Yeah, it's quite a balancing act. She may not want to get too big, but she has to make sure she doesn't lose what she has either. It's a fine line to walk.

It’s not like there’s some knob that says “popularity” on it with numbers 1 thru 10, and you can just set it on 5 and forget it. Often in the music business, it can be feast or famine and popularity is very fleeting. You may have to take all that you can get while it’s available, because tomorrow it can be gone for good.

I hope she’s able to successfully balance her family and her career the way she wants, and I hope she never loses either of them.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:34 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

The French are a weird bunch in some ways. And as Lefty and Lerxst said
Quote:
Yeah, it's quite a balancing act. She may not want to get too big, but she has to make sure she doesn't lose what she has either. It's a fine line to walk.
Here is an article about how the French feel about financially successful individuals. The get the rich attitude is so bad that over 500K Millionaires have left the country for good. It has now cause such a huge financial problem since the capital to start new businesses in France has left town as they say.

From the article:
Quote:
French people don't like the rich -- unless they are soccer players."
Millionaires Flee France
Old 10-06-2008, 02:16 PM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
The French are a weird bunch in some ways. And as Lefty and Lerxst said

Here is an article about how the French feel about financially successful individuals. The get the rich attitude is so bad that over 500K Millionaires have left the country for good. It has now cause such a huge financial problem since the capital to start new businesses in France has left town as they say.

From the article:

Millionaires Flee France
Well who does...

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Old 10-06-2008, 10:35 PM

Martin is on a distinguished road

France's got it right. As long as the money is invested in state health/education etc I see no harm. Jet-seters can go to hell, especially in these troubled financial times. I just wished more countries did the same thing with those getting rich over the poor. America for instance is infamous for its unbalanced wealth.

Also, If Alizee and Jeremy get really rich one day, there is a chance you will see them in your neighborhood

Last edited by Martin; 10-06-2008 at 10:44 PM..
Old 10-06-2008, 11:40 PM
A man in black

MonteCristo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post

It’s not like there’s some knob that says “popularity” on it with numbers 1 thru 10, and you can just set it on 5 and forget it. Often in the music business, it can be feast or famine and popularity is very fleeting. You may have to take all that you can get while it’s available, because tomorrow it can be gone for good.

I hope she’s able to successfully balance her family and her career the way she wants, and I hope she never loses either of them.
I dont mind if she retires as a singer, i'll still be listening to her music, and still sending her mail monthly.....as long as she doesnt mind if she retires from singing, im a-ok with it. Just because she's stopped singing doesnt change the fact that what she did might have made a difference.....the big question is.....will i, or you still be a fan?
Old 10-06-2008, 11:53 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
America for instance is infamous for its unbalanced wealth.
Since time immemorial and pre-industrial, 'greed' has been the accusation hurled at the rich by the concrete-bound illiterates who were unable to conceive of the source of wealth or of the motivation of those who produce it.
-- Ayn Rand
Old 10-07-2008, 12:07 AM
A man in black

MonteCristo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
Since time immemorial and pre-industrial, 'greed' has been the accusation hurled at the rich by the concrete-bound illiterates who were unable to conceive of the source of wealth or of the motivation of those who produce it.
-- Ayn Rand
It has been so from the beginning of time, and from then till now, it has been a chain reaction....the alpha male always gets the most power. But that line has been blurred, because we have given up the power of the protector for the power of slyest, and bacause there is no alpha in a game of trickery, power has become a free for all struggle, starting with the leading one always having the upper hand because of his expected triumph. and why is he expected to triumph? He started out with the biggest pet, the green green Chopper. However, there is still yet to come a time when the power of the protector is needed the most. When man becomes tired of trickery, and wants to be honest again, it will look to the most basic of animal instinct to put trust in a true leader of the pack, the one that truly knows how to defend his horde, knows whats best for it, and knows how he can keep it alive.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:23 AM

Martin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
-- Ayn Rand

Greed is for those who are giftless and have failed to contribute anything to civilization and strive for power and recognition through making piles of nothing. This is where American dream is based and its now turning into a nightmare.

And modern America wouldnt ever be able to produce something so delicate as your beloved Alizee because that wonderful greedy system is turning "artists" into superstar- ego-monster-individuals that have little resemblance to human beings. Its no wonder americans are the most enthusiastic about Alizee's humility and human qualitites.

Last edited by Martin; 10-07-2008 at 05:15 AM..
Old 10-07-2008, 11:10 AM
A 19 KILLA

vercingetorix is on a distinguished road
Smile Grr...

This thresd hurts my head...
Old 10-07-2008, 11:47 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

I think today answered this question, but it's also the fault of those promoting her. If she had the same level of management as before, I don't think this would have happened. But, maybe it would. I can't know.

Merci Fanny