Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-16-2008, 04:25 AM
I *am* okey dokey

YesterdaysAirRace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
That's a myth that seems to have taken on a life of it's own on these Alizee forums. That's not how licensing works. You can't copyright arrangements or choreography, you can only copyright music and lyrics.
I don't doubt that what I said is a myth; but, I am pretty sure one can copyright choreography. I seem to recall the guy that invented the Electric Slide was busy pulling down Youtube videos of drunken wedding-goers who were "doing it wrong."

Anyway, forget I said anything.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:34 AM
Blacksmith/knifemaker

woohoo is on a distinguished road

Has anyone considered that she is haveing problems at home? Maybe she is really upset about something or someone and she is just not focused on her music.

http://www.youtube.com/user/nickwoo2
Old 10-16-2008, 11:20 AM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
The thing that I hoped to achieve was to have her make changes so she could have a successful comeback. I guess I was a fool for trying hard to save her career.
This is what im heading at, you are trying to dictate how she is to be. You are trying to shape her into something that you want. You want to make her another puppet in the pop industry faking and bending doing whatever needs to be done in order to score as much $ as possible.

I don't see how this is gonna help at all, an artist is what he/she is. If you like it then enjoy, if you don't like it then walk away. Don't try to change her, don't try to tell her what is the 'right thing to do', atleast not in this way.

Do you think by ignoring her, skipping her concerts, or whatever you had planned to show your dislike, will make her change into anything better?
Again I ask you, what do you wish to accomplish by making "people more critical" towards her. I think you are using the wrong approach.

Again, im not questioning your ideas, im questioning the reason why you present them.

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Old 10-16-2008, 02:16 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtentp View Post
This is what im heading at, you are trying to dictate how she is to be. You are trying to shape her into something that you want.
I'm not trying to shape her into something I want. First of all, I want her to be happy, if she wants to continue just the way she's been going and perfectly willing to settle for a half empty theater when she gives a concert in Paris, then that's awesome, as long as she's happy. If retiring from singing would please her then I'm all for it.

But I think she misses that popularity of years ago. I think she would love to be able to sell out a concert in Paris and other cities in France. But to do that, she's going to have to make some changes, or at least come up with some much better music.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:01 PM

Lerxst is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by YesterdaysAirRace View Post
Anyway, forget I said anything.
Sorry, I should clarify. After re-reading my response, I realize it may have appeared that I was aiming my comments directly at you, YAR. Even though I quoted you, my response was directed more towards the forum at large. You just happened to be the one who mentioned it. I apologize if it seemed like I was taking you to task.

No hard feelings, bro.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:29 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Just a small correction, even though it’s not important, but choreography can be copyrighted, at least in the USA, but it must be notated or recorded to do so.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:16 AM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Just a small correction, even though it’s not important, but choreography can be copyrighted, at least in the USA, but it must be notated or recorded to do so.
You are correct sir. Which is why you see different versions of the same music in ballets or musicals. Take West Side Story. The original stage/movie were choreographed and copyrighted. In order to get around that, high schools, colleges and community theaters give variations of the dance steps. The dance number with the Jets is the toughest one to restage. It was done so perfectly in the original that it's hard to rechoreograph without using much of the original.

As to Alizee's career: Time will tell.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:47 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtentp View Post
This is what im heading at, you are trying to dictate how she is to be. You are trying to shape her into something that you want. You want to make her another puppet in the pop industry faking and bending doing whatever needs to be done in order to score as much $ as possible.

I don't see how this is gonna help at all, an artist is what he/she is. If you like it then enjoy, if you don't like it then walk away. Don't try to change her, don't try to tell her what is the 'right thing to do', atleast not in this way.

Do you think by ignoring her, skipping her concerts, or whatever you had planned to show your dislike, will make her change into anything better?
Again I ask you, what do you wish to accomplish by making "people more critical" towards her. I think you are using the wrong approach.

Again, im not questioning your ideas, im questioning the reason why you present them.
To be honest I think he enjoys being overly critical of Alizée, even considering that she might not have much control over what is going on.

This thread carries the same negative yet poetically creative stylings scruffy always implements, but toned down and actually more respectful than previous threads he's made about the same subject. He has made so many threads along the same exact lines I have lost count.

You are right, he wants Alizée to satisfy what he thinks she should do, according to what he thinks gives her happiness. Instead of writing anyone in or connected to her team, or posting on her myspace/facebook (which would show he actually wanted to save her career), he comes on here and rants in his traditional super negative tone laced with creative insults. Negativity is one thing, but the creative/insult based effort shown in some of his posts is really disturbing (mostly referring to posts of the past, some of which he deleted after realizing he went too far).

Scruffy is positive about her too though, which he uses in his defense when people get tired of him being negative on here. He denies being bipolar, or having tendencies similar to love one minute hate the next personalities, but that is his prerogative.

The last few months were great, as we had a break from his negative posting. But once again the morale and attitude of this forum has taken a downturn with his unnecessary contributions.

Last edited by HelixSix; 10-17-2008 at 09:49 PM..
Old 10-18-2008, 10:37 AM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
How can she get good music? That's the big question. Mylene Farmer and Laurent Bouranat I feel may have used Alizée, but they also made her famous and if not rich, at least well off ( is she?). They produced some incredibly beautiful music and performances. The likes of which I doubt I will ever see again. They're gone. What's left. A still incredibly beautiful woman with a beautiful voice.
But why did she stopped working with mylene and boutonnat? I hope, if things doesnt get better, Mylene will help Lili (sounds like magic). Now the music we hear is Alizee's real music, and if she is happy with that I'll be happy. (but the other people, wont get interested.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:46 AM

tbailey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
You are correct sir. Which is why you see different versions of the same music in ballets or musicals. Take West Side Story. The original stage/movie were choreographed and copyrighted. In order to get around that, high schools, colleges and community theaters give variations of the dance steps. The dance number with the Jets is the toughest one to restage. It was done so perfectly in the original that it's hard to rechoreograph without using much of the original.

As to Alizee's career: Time will tell.
blah blah

that's all i read

just joking