Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-05-2008, 12:51 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

You whuse!
Old 11-05-2008, 08:57 PM

Bogart is on a distinguished road

I was laughing half way through it. I think that you could've had more fun with it if you would've left off the disclaimer.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:59 PM
I *am* okey dokey

YesterdaysAirRace is on a distinguished road

Vous voulez la vérité? Vous ne pouvez pas croire la vérité!
Old 11-05-2008, 10:07 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by YesterdaysAirRace View Post
Vous voulez la vérité? Vous ne pouvez pas croire la vérité!
Damn, beat me to it.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:39 AM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitting by the bay View Post
So I decided to complain to Alizee's management about recent events, and this was the response I got:

"Son, we live in a world full of pop stars. And those stars need hard core fans to survive. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Sitting by the Bay? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Alizee and you curse Mylene Farmer. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Alizee's career demise, while tragic, was unavoidable. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, is a necessity ...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me to promote Alizee. You need me to promote Alizee!
We use words like distribution, crossover, and royalties...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent promoting something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very talent that I showcase, then questions the manner in which I promote it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you dedicate yourself to Alizee mind, body and soul!. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!"

Yikes!

Disclaimer:
-No Edgar93, this is not real
-Yes I was bored
-I hope this made some people laugh
-Yes, this is from "A Few Good Men"
The bottomline in every business is: 'Show me the money'. It doesn't matter how talented or beautiful, all the music executives want to know is how much money can this person make for us?

It's a harsh truth but a truth just the same. If she isn't making money for RCA then they will drop her like a hot rock.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:02 AM

Quantum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
Y'know, I often wonder if Lili reads threads like this and thinks to herself "I just should have gone into computers..."

Interesting. Care to expand on this? What is this "proper focus" you have in mind? I'm curious.

Response to my answer? I'm always open to new ideas.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:56 PM

Alizee=Czech-Princess! is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
The bottomline in every business is: 'Show me the money'. It doesn't matter how talented or beautiful, all the music executives want to know is how much money can this person make for us?

It's a harsh truth but a truth just the same. If she isn't making money for RCA then they will drop her like a hot rock.
And I have enough belief and faith in her talent to be snapped up by another record label soon enough!
Old 11-06-2008, 01:05 PM
recovering alizée addict

dreamer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitting by the bay View Post
So I decided to complain to Alizee's management about recent events, and this was the response I got:

"Son, we live in a world full of pop stars. And those stars need hard core fans to survive. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Sitting by the Bay? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Alizee and you curse Mylene Farmer. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Alizee's career demise, while tragic, was unavoidable. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, is a necessity ...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me to promote Alizee. You need me to promote Alizee!
We use words like distribution, crossover, and royalties...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent promoting something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very talent that I showcase, then questions the manner in which I promote it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you dedicate yourself to Alizee mind, body and soul!. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!"
That was just great, thanks!
Old 11-07-2008, 03:54 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

She did. RCA died and now she's under Jive/Epic (also under Sony) or so the accepted fan forum understanding goes.

Merci Fanny