Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 05-13-2010, 03:18 PM
Pronounced "I'm Rahj" ;)

ImRawdg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
I can't really speak to the Zune, but I've had my iPod Touch since September of last year, and I love it to death. I use it for everything--listening to music and podcasts, playing games, reading books and comics, checking email, browsing the web on the go, Twitter, Facebook, Google Maps etc. etc. The only drawback to it--and the thing that's convinced me my next cell will be an iPhone, once the cost of 3G data plans come down a bit--is the dependence on WiFi for all the really cool stuff it does. It really limits you when you can't find an open WiFi connection.
I just got my Ipod Touch on Sunday, and yeah, totally amazing. I never expected that you could do so much with it. I expected to use it for little more than music, but I've put plenty of videos and games on it. You really can't go wrong, there is so much you can do.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:27 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

I have a question:

I was driving yesterday, and them some dude locked his breaks and started cussing at me, but I think it's his fault.

I was in the lane to go straight (far from the intersection, maybe 100 yards), and I needed to get into the right turn only lane. Apparently here in Colorado, the right turn lanes are special, in that you can go whenever it's safe (not to mention there's a concrete barrier between it and the straight lanes).

So, there's this guy in a tiny car in the right turn lane going the same speed as me. Since he was in the right turning lane so early, I assumed he wanted to turn right. He was ahead of my by a few feet, so I signal and slow down a bit (there was NOBODY behind us, we were coming out of a desolate area) thinking that he would continue at the same speed and I would get in behind him. He starts slowing down too for two seconds then locks the brakes and starts going ballistic.

So here's my question: wtf?
Old 05-14-2010, 12:58 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaner360 View Post
hmm... it came out good for me. though I didn't actually order it.
I'm debating right now. should I get an IPod Touch or a Zune HD?
So the character came up for you? Lucky!
And about the ZuneHD, I think it's way better than the Itouch when it comes to music and has a few apps like facebook and twitter and a few games, but if you want an ok music player and a good everything-else, then get an Itouch. Me, I'm definitely going for the Zune
(not to mention Itunes looks boring as hell, with that plain metallic look. The Zune Software program is better too in many aspects)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsJanieOhBaby View Post
Get the ipod. Everyone i know who gets a zune ends up hating it.
I've had a Zune since they came out, I bought (and still have) the Zune 30gb from 2006, I use the 120gb and will get the ZuneHD 32gb too
Old 05-15-2010, 12:50 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
I have a question:

I was driving yesterday, and them some dude locked his breaks and started cussing at me, but I think it's his fault.

I was in the lane to go straight (far from the intersection, maybe 100 yards), and I needed to get into the right turn only lane. Apparently here in Colorado, the right turn lanes are special, in that you can go whenever it's safe (not to mention there's a concrete barrier between it and the straight lanes).

So, there's this guy in a tiny car in the right turn lane going the same speed as me. Since he was in the right turning lane so early, I assumed he wanted to turn right. He was ahead of my by a few feet, so I signal and slow down a bit (there was NOBODY behind us, we were coming out of a desolate area) thinking that he would continue at the same speed and I would get in behind him. He starts slowing down too for two seconds then locks the brakes and starts going ballistic.

What? That makes no sense. Maybe the guy was just crazy? Can't figure out any other reason...

Old 05-15-2010, 07:05 PM

AceTone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I have a question:

First of all, concrete barrier? For a right turn? What? I need to see that.

Anyway, it could be that this guy wasn't aware of the barrier, and he wanted you to pass him so he could switch to the straight lane.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:17 AM
Recline yourself

Yea, this state has a lot of weird traffic-related things I've never seen before, I'll draw up a picture- 1 sec

Edit:

ok, here's a quick illustration:

1. This actually occurred much farther from the intersection, but i just didn't make it to scale. It was about double the distance.

so since as shown, he was ahead of me a little bit and IN the freaking right lane for quite a while, I was going to slow up a little and just let him keep going.

2. Then he just locks the brakes and starts yelling at me through his closed window.

3. the only thing I could do was swerve in front of him and take the right turn to avoid both a rear ending and an hour and a half of traffic.

the dark black represents the little raised curves. As I've observed, it seems these streets have been designed so you never have to stop if you're turning right (it actually starts breaking off from the intersection, but again for space constraints) and you end up in your own lane which just leads to the next right turn.

I think this dude was just an ass, he looked 50 something

Last edited by user472884; 05-16-2010 at 01:17 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 05-16-2010, 10:23 PM

AceTone is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the illustration. I guess you're right.
Did you happen to see if he continued to drive in the right lane?
Old 05-16-2010, 10:52 PM

Wait so.. he basically slammed his brakes when you were NEXT to him?
Maybe he was trying to turn into the left lane, and you were in his way?

I don't know, that seems to be the only possible logical answer. Other than you know, him being an irritable jerk.

Old 05-17-2010, 01:38 AM
Recline yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceTone View Post
Thanks for the illustration. I guess you're right.
Did you happen to see if he continued to drive in the right lane?
That I do not know

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Wait so.. he basically slammed his brakes when you were NEXT to him?
Maybe he was trying to turn into the left lane, and you were in his way?

I don't know, that seems to be the only possible logical answer. Other than you know, him being an irritable jerk.
I highly doubt he wanted to go left, he was in a right turning lane only for quite some time. He stopped just far back enough for my car to squeeze between him and the concrete curb thing
Old 05-17-2010, 01:45 AM

Quote:
I highly doubt he wanted to go left, he was in a right turning lane only for quite some time. He stopped just far back enough for my car to squeeze between him and the concrete curb thing
Okay yeah, I'm going with he's just a crazy jerk. His actions are just random and illogical... I mean, I can't even begin to guess what he was trying to do.