Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Support

Old 08-12-2010, 06:48 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road
Default [Split] Video Section Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LE_LOUP_DES_STEPPES View Post
...but I am sure Ben or any of the others that help govern AAM wouldn't just shut down the site without telling us.
Right, and while not happening now, I'd rather hand the site off to someone else than shut it down. But I understand Lilly Town closing, I've been pretty busy with other things myself lately, and the lack of activity from Alizée really doesn't motivate. My idea now is to move AAm to a cheaper server and get rid of the video section, since the prevalence and quality of YouTube these days makes it kind of redundant. Thoughts?

Last edited by Ben; 08-13-2010 at 01:33 AM..
Old 08-12-2010, 09:52 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Right, and while not happening now, I'd rather hand the site off to someone else than shut it down. But I understand Lilly Town closing, I've been pretty busy with other things myself lately, and the lack of activity from Alizée really doesn't motivate. My idea now is to move AAm to a cheaper server and get rid of the video section, since the prevalence and quality of YouTube these days makes it kind of redundant. Thoughts?
I definitely think the Video Section should go since it would cost less to run the site so you can save more money. And I agree with babyblue, if it's possible, then can we keep the threads that are tied to the videos in the video section? Because they are nice to use and find out information about the videos.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:58 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

I don't mean to sound selfish, but I'd hate to see the video section go. It is, and always has been my fail safe source of subtitled videos and interviews. If it goes, I really wouldn't know where else to watch it from.

It's from those videos that I got insight on what Alizée was really like, beyond just the performances. It was there that I really started picking up on her little mannerisms. It was there that I pretty much learned most of my Alizée knowledge.

If it's about money, and it sounds like it is, though I can't help out this instant, I will be able to in due time. If this really does come to push and shove, please pm me first, so I can see what I can do.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:23 PM
Century Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
If it's about money, and it sounds like it is, though I can't help out this instant, I will be able to in due time. If this really does come to push and shove, please pm me first, so I can see what I can do.
Thanks for the offer, Wasabi! I haven't made any decisions yet, but if you or anyone else would rather donate time than money, another option is to migrate all the content of the video section over to an AAm YouTube channel. How do people feel about that?
Old 08-12-2010, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the offer, Wasabi! I haven't made any decisions yet, but if you or anyone else would rather donate time than money, another option is to migrate all the content of the video section over to an AAm YouTube channel. How do people feel about that?
Sure thing man, this site is my online home. I'm on here more often then I am on facebook.

But uh.. we had a youtube channel? holy FRICK. I've been utterly oblivious..

Old 08-12-2010, 10:27 PM

Quote:
I think someone suggested that months ago but for some reason it didn't get done. Youtube is free, Video Section is not. Youtube does HD & HQ, Video Section does too. AAm Youtube is the obvious choice
Old 08-12-2010, 10:27 PM
Century Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
But uh.. we had a youtube channel? holy FRICK. I've been utterly oblivious..
No, not yet... but nothing stopping us from making one!
Old 08-12-2010, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
I think someone suggested that months ago but for some reason it didn't get done. Youtube is free, Video Section is not. Youtube does HD & HQ, Video Section does too. AAm Youtube is the obvious choice
Quote:
Then what are we waiting for!! Let's do this!

I mean it's affordable, high quality is available, and it's practical.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:30 PM

Quote:
I nominate ScruffyDog777 to be the AAm Youtube Channel owner, since after all he knows everything about videos and youtube uploading and does it almost every week with these new alizee videos

All who agree say I!
Old 08-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Century Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
I nominate ScruffyDog777 to be the AAm Youtube Channel owner, since after all he knows everything about videos and youtube uploading and does it almost every week with these new alizee videos

All who agree say I!
I'll make a shared account everyone working on this project can use:

http://www.youtube.com/user/AlizeeAmericaVideos
(nothing there yet)

Anyone interested, contact me. I just want to make sure things are uploaded in a very organized way, with captions where available, and only using the highest quality files possible. I can mail out some stuff burned to disc (subtitle and video files) if it would help.