Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Apprendre l'anglais

Old 11-16-2010, 11:33 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Wink Why English is a dirty language!

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franglais

Perhaps the oldest example of Frenglish in English literature is found in Henry V by William Shakespeare. A French princess is trying to learn English, but unfortunately, "foot" as pronounced by her maid sounds too much like foutre (vulgar French, "semen" or "to have sexual intercourse" when used as a verb) and "gown" like con (French "cunt", also used to mean "idiot"). She decides English is too obscene a language.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:31 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

I also like the nuances between Spanish and French...

So a Frenchman is practicing his Spanish skills with a Spaniard and says "Me gusta comer les gateaus"
Old 11-16-2010, 01:46 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanDeAliFee View Post
From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franglais

Perhaps the oldest example of Frenglish in English literature is found in Henry V by William Shakespeare. A French princess is trying to learn English, but unfortunately, "foot" as pronounced by her maid sounds too much like foutre (vulgar French, "semen" or "to have sexual intercourse" when used as a verb) and "gown" like con (French "cunt", also used to mean "idiot"). She decides English is too obscene a language.
It could just be the other way around.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:54 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

Hahaha! This kind of reminds me of buffalax-ing. Lol. It is basically the art of taking a non-english music video and giving it subtitles for what it sounds like in English. Here's a link that that tells a little about it with a few videos as well.

Here is a decent buffalaxed version of Alizée's J'en ai marre. It's the only one that is done of her that I know of. Most I've seen are of Indian music videos. Very funny stuff LOL. Check out the buffalax channel on YouTube
Old 11-16-2010, 07:29 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

You're just jealous your calculator ain't got no bow
Old 11-17-2010, 01:05 AM

Srd93 is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizéeInspired View Post
Hahaha! This kind of reminds me of buffalax-ing. Lol. It is basically the art of taking a non-english music video and giving it subtitles for what it sounds like in English. Here's a link that that tells a little about it with a few videos as well.

Here is a decent buffalaxed version of Alizée's J'en ai marre. It's the only one that is done of her that I know of. Most I've seen are of Indian music videos. Very funny stuff LOL. Check out the buffalax channel on YouTube
Ahahaha oh wow, I was laughing non-stop the entire video because it's so true!

I've never even heard of buffalax'ing before now... Thank you for opening my eyes to a new form of entertainment.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:10 AM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srd93 View Post
Ahahaha oh wow, I was laughing non-stop the entire video because it's so true!

I've never even heard of buffalax'ing before now... Thank you for opening my eyes to a new form of entertainment.
Not a problem, bro . I only found buffalax-ing a week or so ago. Stumbled upon the J'en ai marre one, then watched some others. Gave me quite a good laugh. I'm so glad I found it! Funny stuff LOL
Old 11-17-2010, 05:48 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile The art of What's Up, Tiger Lily?

Quote:
Hahaha! This kind of reminds me of buffalax-ing. Lol. It is basically the art of taking a non-english music video and giving it subtitles for what it sounds like in English.
A distinct but related form of language-translation-inspired reworking was pioneered (or at least popularized) in 1966 by Woody Allen's first film, What's Up, Tiger Lily?. Allen slices up several low-budget Japanese "James Bond film" knock-offs, adds a few scenes, and then dubs the final cut with English to create a comedy.

You can also play a party game based on something even harder. You turn the sound off some film or television program and then try to extemporaneously supply amusing dialog. Naturally, the people doing this have to be pretty smart and creative!

P.S. If I invited a herd of buffaloes to a party at my house, I'd be damned sure NONE of them had swallowed any Buffalax(tm) in advance! Don't believe the nonsense of how "gentle" it works!
Old 11-17-2010, 12:10 PM

Mi-coton mi-laine is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Thanks for sharing! All the parts about a moose! Johnny, Madonna have a mom! Mom, I'm an asshole! Palace of goose and icky blood!
What a bad loose/literal translation based on what you think it sounds like in English if you don't understand French on purpose as a joke, it's so funny!
Old 12-29-2010, 10:18 AM
Love.

Iwillmeether is on a distinguished road

Or an english song, with the words you think they're saying:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xLd22ha_-VU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xLd22ha_-VU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Tags
dirty, franglais, frenglish, obscene