Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 07-04-2011, 09:43 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Is anyone else having trouble hearing sound with this video? I tried playing it on Windows Media player. It played OK but no sound. I had to convert it to MP4 to get the sound to play.
Yes, I use VLC player (which you can download for free) to play it since it's a TS file. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPEG_transport_stream
Old 07-04-2011, 10:14 AM

SlipshodDread is on a distinguished road

Quote:
At the same time it is a good move for her. She is beginning to get traction as an adult in French entertainment. The more she is seen the better.

She was careful not to replicate the old dance - she clearly showed that she was an adult now, and clearly in control. I thought the 10 adult dancers, and especially the V shape, really showed her to be a confident adult that was clearly in command of the stage.

I think that she has finally realized that Mylene aimed her in a general direction where her talents really let her shine. She tried running away from the "image" Mylene created for her, and ended up also moving away from what was for her a winning formula. She is a performer, not just a singer - she had to remember this. There are better singers out there, but not better performers. It is the complete package that is Alizée's stregnth. I believe she has now realized this.

2012 looks to be a fun year.

I agree with this. The more appearances she makes inbetween now and an album release the less time she has to fall out of view. Like the hiatus between 2004 and 2007, which really lost a lot of fans and media attention.

Clearly she is in the public domain now, as you can tell from the fact she was voted number 2 in FHM france's 100 sexiest women, above carla bruni etc. Clearly people know of her and who she is, if she keeps making appearances in various forms of media, she will have better publicity for her next album and potentially more fans to start with.

And she also replicated the dances BUT not the more saucy parts of J'en Ai Marre, which we all expected we would not see anyway or any of the turns etc of J'ai Pas Vingt Ans. Replicated them in a way that does not go too close to her earlier Lolita days, which is a great step forward imo.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:48 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post
yes, he give the same schedule than we already heard in "Balavoine" : 2012.

And he made some comments on how she is popular in Mexico...
Hey BigDan, I know it's a bit much to ask, but I was wondering if you wouldn't mind translating exactly what he said for us. If you can't that's fine. Thanks!
Old 07-10-2011, 01:10 AM

Hana is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone,
I have registered on this forum about a year ago when I was really crazy about Alizee, but after that I slowly started to lose interest, I didn't like very much the songs on the new album and gradually I stopped searching news about her or new perfomances...
From time to time I would remember her and I would listen to her songs or rewatch the old videos... Anyway that's how I found her latest video tonight and when I saw that she's performing J'en ai marre and JPVA I was surprised, I'm kind of glad that she decided to sing her old songs, she even did the dances and they seemed a little more sophisticated (at least to me). She also looked younger and really beautiful. I think she lip-synced?
Old 07-10-2011, 02:03 AM
#Lilibugged #Alizéen #Hashtag

melovelily is on a distinguished road

yup she lipsynced the song
Old 07-10-2011, 05:56 AM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Hey BigDan, I know it's a bit much to ask, but I was wondering if you wouldn't mind translating exactly what he said for us. If you can't that's fine. Thanks!
Nikos Aliagas:

«Thank a lot , Alizée... I remind you the last Alizee Album name «une enfant du siècle», and we have to say that, thanks to JEAM song, Alizée also start the conquest of latin america, and you have to know that in Mexico Alizée just do great ,with a stadium tour, and a good news is coming: a new album on preparation for Spring 2012!»

Old 07-11-2011, 01:33 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Yes, I use VLC player (which you can download for free) to play it since it's a TS file. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPEG_transport_stream
Thanks Lefty.

There are so many file formats out there now that I have lost track of them all. What on earth is TS? (This is actually somewhat of a retorical question)

Last edited by Rev; 07-11-2011 at 01:35 AM..
Old 07-11-2011, 10:41 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thanks Lefty.

There are so many file formats out there now that I have lost track of them all. What on earth is TS? (This is actually somewhat of a retorical question)
Sorry I had to: TS means Telesync and refers to when they have recorded the movie with a camera but got the audio from a direct feed.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post
Nikos Aliagas:

«Thank a lot , Alizée... I remind you the last Alizee Album name «une enfant du siècle», and we have to say that, thanks to JEAM song, Alizée also start the conquest of latin america, and you have to know that in Mexico Alizée just do great ,with a stadium tour, and a good news is coming: a new album on preparation for Spring 2012!»

Awesome Thanks a ton BigDan!

Last edited by User22; 07-11-2011 at 10:41 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 07-11-2011, 07:09 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Sorry I had to: TS means Telesync and refers to when they have recorded the movie with a camera but got the audio from a direct feed.
Thanks very much for the video.

My comments about the file format in part reflect that I am currently researching good archival file formats for work. It's nuts how many file formats exist today. Aslo, many that used to be stable have now been played with too much and have become less trustworthy. Add to this that many formats are only partially supported by various display systems and it ends up being a zoo.