Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 10-30-2011, 09:40 AM

WhiteFeather is on a distinguished road
Default Guns and Ammo: AAm Edition

This is for all the shooters out there. Post your guns, guns you want; pretty much anything related to firearms. I might as well get the ball rolling with this video as it accurately portrays my feelings towards guns.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-TC2xTCb_GU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And for you naysayers, this thread is Alizée Approved.

Note:This thread about guns, not politics. Don't post why you think guns are bad. Remember, if you don't have something nice to say, DON'T SAY IT.

Last edited by WhiteFeather; 10-31-2011 at 05:40 PM..
Old 10-30-2011, 10:19 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

gotta like Steve Lee, his album also titled "I Like Guns" is quite good. He actually started out singing children's songs and still does.

Every one knows that hand loads are the best too xD.....

I don't know if you can tell but I like .30 cals they are king, I think I'm gonna start going away from Hornady however, Golden Sabers and Noslers are better handgun bullets and the Nosler Accubond is a much better hunting round for the rifles. I've been happy with Hornady accuracy though but I've had the same luck with the others mentioned.

and the oldest date stamp on a gun I own

Regards,

Jung

Old 10-30-2011, 05:13 PM

I posted this video in a different thread, but this guy is too incredible not to post twice.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Bob Munden.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DcZHVspVIDs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/thCl_mYIUBE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Tied-t1fFsk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He is one of the few reasons why I like revolvers and Westerns so much.

By the way, Super Humans is a really cool show on its own.

Last edited by WhiteFeather; 10-30-2011 at 05:15 PM..
Old 10-30-2011, 06:54 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

Wow.....
I can only imagine trying to get some of those through Customs at Belfast International Airport!
Old 10-30-2011, 07:49 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

Bob is pretty amazing.

and now probably one of my favorite semi-auto pistols...The HK P7 PSP

and it seen along with my Walther P1 and my old Bosses old Desert Eagle in .41 mag

some action photos of it

Old 10-30-2011, 08:20 PM

Just found out that Cabelas usually has a decent amount of Mosin Nagants for around $90. Don't know the exact model or what year, but for that price (plus it includes the accessories) I may have to make the trip out there to pick one up.

Basically it is all of that for $90. However if I find one of these decently priced there, I'd buy it over a Mosin anyday:

or

Apparently Beretta started making these also.
Old 10-30-2011, 08:46 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

looks like a short barrel version so I'd say M44 if I recall correct. Mosins are quite nice shooters. quite accurate and throws out a nice wollop with that x54R round. A nice fun Mosin article. http://www.7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinHumor.htm

Garands are quite nice shooters too was hitting the 1 foot gong at 300 with my cousins open sites quite cosistently when I shot it. As for the Carbine they are super fun.

As I've been into revolvers lately....

To me that says it'll make a nice carry round or light game round maybe even deer. That's full expansion in 2-3 inches of flesh and the bullet had full weight retention. it's a 125 gr. Golden Saber over 7.5 gr. of titegroup for a velocity of around 1400 I believe haven't chronographed it yet however so not sure. Extremely accurate to boot. Gotta love the .357 mag

Regards,

Jung

Old 10-30-2011, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
looks like a short barrel version so I'd say M44 if I recall correct. Mosins are quite nice shooters. quite accurate and throws out a nice wollop with that x54R round. A nice fun Mosin article. http://www.7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinHumor.htm
That article is hilarious. What's weird though, since I have the Sig 556, is that my rifle sometimes applies to both the AK and AR columns. For example:

Quote:
You can repair your rifle with a big hammer and a swift kick.
That happened a couple of months ago. I was trying out different ammo (this was before I reloaded) and was trying cheap steel-cased Herters. Apparently it wasn't providing enough gas to cycle the bolt, so one got jammed in there. Took a rubber mallet, whacked the bolt back and after that it fired like nothing happened. Needless to say I am never using that crap again.

Edit:

A couple funny pictures I found:

Last edited by WhiteFeather; 10-30-2011 at 09:27 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 10-30-2011, 09:33 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

Some guns like Herters or other steel cased ammo some don't kinda surprised the Sig didn't like it though. I have no experience with Herters though so they might just plain old suck. I usually buy the Bear or Wolf lines of ammo when I do buy steel cased ammo, or military surplus ammo is steel cased on occasion. Steel cased ammo really only gets run through my com-block guns though so. Impossible to get anything but steel cased ammo for the 5.45x39 sadly and all berdan primed so it would be a pain to load them and no one makes .221 bullets either and dies cost as much as a case of ammo so lucky ammo is cheap for that one.

Regards,

Jung

Old 10-30-2011, 09:41 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Guns in the wrong hands.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/74-WSM0xTyE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>