Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 10-30-2011, 10:02 PM

WhiteFeather is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
Guns in the wrong hands.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/74-WSM0xTyE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
That just made my night.

Edit:

I see your monkey and raise you an...Iraqi?

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LiCd5lCPL0s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by WhiteFeather; 10-30-2011 at 10:20 PM..
Old 10-31-2011, 02:42 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
That just made my night.

Edit:

I see your monkey and raise you an...Iraqi?
Sure, let me add a professional police officer conducting gun safety training!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2442_rmiidY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 10-31-2011, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Sure, let me add a professional police officer conducting gun safety training!

I wouldn't trust him with a water gun.

I counter your idiot cop, with this incredibly awesome guy.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JugxyFg6kfo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Don't know about you guys, but I want one.

Last edited by WhiteFeather; 10-31-2011 at 05:53 AM..
Old 10-31-2011, 07:45 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

load is 110 Gr. speer hollow point over 60 gr. of IMR 4350 with federal large magnum rifle primer

Not too bad for the initial load, specially considering it's in a .300 win mag without a full case of powder. I might adjust lightly and see if it'll tighten up a little, but it's gonna be a 300 yard max round as it's a really light and short bullet with a Ballistic coefficient of a whooping .128 (which is about the same as the 115 gr. 9mm bullets I run) at only around 2700 FPS. so it pretty much means it'll drop like a ton of bricks after about 300 yards or so.

Regards,

Jung

Old 10-31-2011, 08:29 PM

Went to Gander Mountain today to buy a .308 die set and wouldn't you know it, they had everything but that. So now I have 3 choices. Go to a local gun store that charges 15 bucks more than everywhere else, go to Cabelas which is like an hour and a half away, or Bass Pro Shop, which is about 40-45 minutes away. I find it hard to justify going that far out of my way (my vehicle is not the best on gas mileage), but I may have no choice.

They did however have a pretty sweet Winchester 1894 30-30 for $499. I do like those lever actions. Might have to go back and pick it up.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:32 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I wouldn't trust him with a water gun.

I counter your idiot cop, with this incredibly awesome guy.
Don't know about you guys, but I want one.
Time to bring in the big guns! I present you the battle-tested, drug cartel-busting, most competent army in the world: The Colombian army!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iPcfp5ppGnk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 10-31-2011, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Time to bring in the big guns! I present you the battle-tested, drug cartel-busting, most competent army in the world: The Colombian army!

Don't know if I can top that. No wait, I lied.

Presenting the most idiotic waste of space: the "White Gangsta"

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CE_gm00ebFY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Seriously, these are the kinds of people that give gun owners bad names. The kid either was never properly taught gun safety or didn't take it to heart. His father didn't properly lock his guns and ammo. He should have shot himself and saved the oxygen for the rest of us.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:04 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

Quote:
Went to Gander Mountain today to buy a .308 die set and wouldn't you know it, they had everything but that. So now I have 3 choices. Go to a local gun store that charges 15 bucks more than everywhere else, go to Cabelas which is like an hour and a half away, or Bass Pro Shop, which is about 40-45 minutes away. I find it hard to justify going that far out of my way (my vehicle is not the best on gas mileage), but I may have no choice.

They did however have a pretty sweet Winchester 1894 30-30 for $499. I do like those lever actions. Might have to go back and pick it up.
I have half a set of .308 dies I could get rid of well the decaping pin on the sizing die is broke is it I believe. hope you have as good of luck getting a good load as I did for my .308. For what it's worth Lake City nato spec brass is highly worth getting, just make sure to reduce the powder charge as nato brass is thicker than commercial.

My $500 setup that will compete with $3000 setups xD

Regards,

Jung

Old 10-31-2011, 09:59 PM

She's a Beaut. I never was into scoped rifles as much until I got my own. I don't think I can think of anything as relaxing as sitting/laying behind your rifle, looking downrange, blocking all distractions out of your head, then gently squeezing the trigger, releasing that aromatic smell and heavenly sound.

As far as loading it, I'm first going to use the Remington brass I already shot. Once that is used up, I'll seriously consider the Lake City. Powder is probably going to remain the Hogdon Varget. Bullets is where I'm having difficulties deciding. You recommended Hornady A-max if I'm not mistaken? I have a buddy that shoots Sierra boat tails (don't know the exact specs) 165 gr. I shot 3 of his through my rifle to see how it worked out. Got about 1.15" grouping.

On a side note, went to the range last week. Me and a buddy were shooting whatever we could find. He also brought some co2 cartridges for airsoft guns. Those are really cool, if you can find them afterwards.

Then after a couple of those, I found someone left a golf ball on a string.

Entrance wound:

Exit wound:

Sorry about the bad quality. The only camera I've got is my phone.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:39 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

The Sierra's are probably a 168 gr. if you're going to do a BTHP I'd probably suggest Noslers Custom Competition bullets they are always quite good. A-max is one of the most accurate from what I've found and a lot of people I know swear by them, they do have a rather thin jacket though so they aren't much good from hunting and what not. I think you'd do just fine with a BTHP though and Sierra has long been the benchmark of accuracy, but I think Nosler has them beat now. Most my loads are set up for hunting purposes though, and I've honestly had good luck with accuracy out of most of my bullets. Most my experience is with Noslers and Hornadys typically a ballistic tip of some sort in rifles. The Nosler Accubond is incredibly accurate and has a thick jacket for good weight retention specially for a ballistic tip.
Used regular Nosler balistic tips in the .300 win mag one year and at the velocity it sends them out at the impact completely shatters those bullets, left about a 8" exit wound without hitting bone last year which is a little too much fragmentation for me.

I'd really like to try Berger bullets sometime soon though

Regards,

Jung