Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-05-2018, 02:28 PM
Miam Miam!

eru777 is on a distinguished road

Yes I definitely see where you're coming from, CleverCowboy. I'm slowly going through that thread and seeing the overwhelming majority hating her decision.

It's definitely something that one notices when you see her. Additionally, the image she projected while in her early days is quite different from her current, "real" one, hence the backlash.

There really is no right or wrong in regard to opinions. Her fans will always love her but her public image is not as sellable with the amount of tats she has. Now I don't necessarily judge how GOOD an album is by its commercial success, but artists have to make a living too, and they have expenses as well.

To be honest though her albums weren't as good after M+L plus Jeremy parted ways with her. I actually like the psychedelices album (It's the only one I have a physical copy of!) but it wasn't good enough to top charts worldwide.

In all honesty, when moi lolita was out, it played ALL THE TIME in Greece. It still plays now on the radio, but back then it was crazy. At least Alizee got to experience immense success for a time, unlike some one-hit wonders like TaTu and Mojo.

Anyone remembers this?

It was around that time that moi lolita came out. Also Amelie, the movie!
Old 01-07-2018, 03:52 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by eru777 View Post
In all honesty, when moi lolita was out, it played ALL THE TIME in Greece. It still plays now on the radio, but back then it was crazy. At least Alizee got to experience immense success for a time, unlike some one-hit wonders like TaTu and Mojo.

Anyone remembers this?

It was around that time that moi lolita came out. Also Amelie, the movie!
I can't say that I remember that song or video. I think I was still listening to a lot of country and bluegrass back in those days.

Alizee's poor judgment to load her body with tattoos just shows she is a flawed human, just like the rest of us. In a way, it is a bit of relief that she showed that she was not perfect. Nobody is perfect, but at least physically she was pretty much there. Her personality was perfect as far as what she revealed to the public. It must be a lot of pressure to live up to the public perception of perfection.

The reason I still continue to be a fan while a great many have bolted is that I understand my own flaws and mistakes in my life, and people have been gracious to me. I definitely can in turn be gracious to her. I still don't like them and that will never change.
Old 01-08-2018, 06:45 PM
Administrator

So I finally finished reading this whole thread from start to finish and all I can say is WOW! It's been a long time since I have seen so much passion packed in a single thread.

One thing that came to mind is that those that were defending her so fiercely are not active in this forum anymore, while those that remain to this expressed a lot of concern and dismay about them. Maybe I am reading too much between the lines, but it is obvious.

I remain of the opinion that the tattoos that came in such a hurry are a result of low self-esteem/body image with some depression and self-loathing mixed in. For everybody that has gone through a divorce (including myself), you known what it's like. She had a failing/failed marriage and failed albums. She looks in a mirror and her body is not petite perfect like it was before Annily.

I married young, and to a petite 19 year old who was probably a 9.5 out of 10 (10 = Alizee). A year and a half later, the baby came. No matter how hard my ex tried, she couldn't get the body she had pre-baby. Add permanent stretch marks, which she hated. She became very insecure.

We don't know what happened behind closed doors leading up to her divorce, but to me, the evidence is there of risky and self-destructive behavior which is very common during and post-divorce. She also put on some weight, and I can relate to this one, as after my divorce I ate garbage and put on 60 pounds. I have known people who have taken up riding motorcycles, skydiving, drinking heavily, or dating the sleaziest person (people) they can find after a divorce, among other things.

ML and Jeremy might have been controlling, but maybe Alizee needs that. Maybe she is a free spirit, but too much so and needs somebody to counter it. I have always been a risk taker, and admittedly have done a lot of dumb things when I was a teen and young adult. When I got married and had a couple of kids, I was the sole financial supporter of my family. I still had the same urges to do things that one might consider dangerous to life and limb, but I had to put my family above my own interests. One mistake and my life/career might be in jeopardy, and then what? My family would have to live under a bridge?

It is the benefit of hindsight to be able to read these posts from 5 years ago and how tattoos would impact her future musical career. Some predictions were spot on. Alizee was obviously not in a stable mindset during the tattoo period - wounded from the failures that she experienced. I don't think she was clear-headed enough to fully assess the impact it would have on her career. And now we know.

I am hoping that Gregorie will bring some much needed stability into her life over the long haul and won't flake out on her. He is crazy about her now I know, but hopefully 20 years from now. Annily will benefit from a stable home during her teen years.
Old 01-10-2018, 12:05 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I think CleverCowboy is right about her being insecure about her body and I think that kind of shows in the appearance that I took the still from below. Too be sure her body isn't what it was at 19, but I think it's still a very good looking body and there's no need for that. I believe she posted a picture once relating to figures and I'll see if I can find it.

Attachment 1814

As far as the tats, there's a simple solution. She can cover them up, at least during the filming of videos and other things such as the promotion of an album. A Contre Courant was a great video and she had that long overcoat on. Last year I think it was during the Tournee, they put her in that outfit that covered her arms and she looked great. So while career wise the tats were a mistake, the bigger mistake was not realizing at times 'while working' , the tats need to be covered.

Attachment 1816

Getting back to Katy Perry's video 'Eye of the Tiger' with it's 9 billion views. If you watch it, there's a couple of things, that cause your mind to be distracted and I'm wondering if others notice the same things I do.

I'm mentioning again the ACDL video because I've talked about it before, but I don't think I've posted a picture with it and I wanted to make sure people knew what I was talking about, so it is posted below. They have this beautiful, setting, hair do, beautiful dress; then you stick that arm right in the middle of it and it's not rocket scientist material to see that arm did not fit in with it's surroundings.

Attachment 1817

I hate to say this type of thing about her but it needs to be said if there is any hope of her putting out a successful product some day in relation to her singing. She's not Joan Jett, who actually is a good looking woman but has a wild image and it wouldn't surprise you if Joan showed up with more tattoos or piercings. She's Alizée whose name when mention still brings images to mind of great beauty. That's her forte, even today and she needs to use it to her advantage.

Attachment 1815

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 03-09-2022 at 11:44 PM..
Old 01-10-2018, 01:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Getting back to Katy Perry's video 'Eye of the Tiger' with it's 9 billion views. If you watch it, there's a couple of things, that cause your mind to be distracted and I'm wondering if others notice the same things I do.
Her tattoos? I noticed them right away. Inside her right bicep, and there looked to be another one on her left forearm if I am not mistaken. At first I was distracted by her taking her shower

Any that I have missed?

Quote:
I'm mentioning again the ACDL video because I've talked about it before, but I don't think I've posted a picture with it and I wanted to make sure people knew what I was talking about, so it is posted below. They have this beautiful, setting, hair do, beautiful dress; then you stick that arm right in the middle of it and it's not rocket scientist material to see that arm did not fit in with it's surroundings.
She is an absolute beauty with this hair style, but admittedly, this along with others with her arm front and center, is hard to watch because of them stupid tattoos.

We talked about the difference that production makes. Katy's song is a good song, not a great song in my opinion, but look at her top quality video. With ACDL, Sony paid $10 at Goodwill for an umbrella and raincoat, got a bushel of leaves from the back yard, and hired a couple of college students to do lighting and special effects (or maybe they did it for free). The only thing to look at is Alizee in her beautiful dress, and she has that damn arm sticking out front and center. Your point taken loud and clear.

Quote:
I give up. Who is this woman?

You know there is Alizee the person, and then there is Alizee the product. Nobody likes to think of a person being a "product", but in show biz, that is what she is. She was born with natural assets beyond anything I have seen.

People also call her an "artist", and artists get into tattoos as part of expressing their artistic side. I don't consider Alizee an artist. She is a PERFORMER. An artist writes music, a performer sings music. Sometimes you get both in the same package, but as far as I can tell, Alizee doesn't write her music.

This made me think about the women who are Victoria Secret models. They are the best of the best, and do you think VC will allow their models to tat themselves up? If they do, they will find themselves modeling for Adam and Eve, which caters to a totally different crowd.

I don't see any tats here:

Old 01-10-2018, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Her tattoos? I noticed them right away. Inside her right bicep, and there looked to be another one on her left forearm if I am not mistaken. At first I was distracted by her taking her shower

Any that I have missed?
Well the other thing was not a tattoo, it's something in the video that for me caught my eye, just the way the tat did.

That other woman is Joan Jett, a rock singer from the 80s and 90s best noted for her song 'I love rock and roll'.
Old 01-10-2018, 04:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Well the other thing was not a tattoo, it's something in the video that for me caught my eye, just the way the tat did.
I watched it again, and I have to say that I am not catching it. Clue, please?

Quote:
That other woman is Joan Jett, a rock singer from the 80s and 90s best noted for her song 'I love rock and roll'.
That makes sense, and it looks like her. I misunderstood your post, I guess. You said "She's not Joan Jett", so I attributed that statement to the photograph. I see now you meant that Alizee is not Joan Jett. Totally agree.

Joan Jett's image that she portrayed would allow for tattoos. Same as Chrissy Hines of the Pretenders.

For some reason, this made me think of an all girl rock band from the UK named Girlschool that I saw on MTV back in the early 80's. I thought, holy toledo, this lead singer is kind of sexy with that tough girl image. It took some digging, but I found the video. She is one that would pull off having tats, but glad she didn't.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:03 PM

Well it has to do with the elephant and I'm sure it's not worth wasting your time looking for it. It's the one tusk that has a part missing. My point being it's a distraction. Everytime I watch that video, my eyes are immediately drawn to her tattoo and when the elephant appears, to the tusk, I can't help but thinking about it and it takes away from the video.

So Alizee's arm is a huge distraction. I think the mind recognizes there's something not normal about it and is immediately drawn to it. So an Alizee video that should be taking advantage of her beauty, doesn't have a chance with that arm showing.

I wonder if that elephant was the only one in the Hollywood elephant pool?
Old 01-10-2018, 06:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I wonder if that elephant was the only one in the Hollywood elephant pool?
Probably! Wow, great eye!

Maybe it comes down how the music and/or video sets a mood, whatever it may be, and our mind then starts processing the messages in the song with whatever mindset we are put in. Anything that doesn't fit what our expectations are stand out like a sore thumb. Hard to explain.

Example is that video by Katy Perry. She discovers what appears to be a paradise. Maybe she represents Eve in the Garden of Eden. You expect perfection in this setting, then the tattoo sticks out (imperfect body) along with an imperfect elephant.

ACDL is meant to be sexy. A white dress can symbolize purity. Inside that white dress is a beautiful woman, who can represent every man's dream. Then that thought is dashed by the tattooed arm that represents rebellion. Mixed messages.

I know that all tattoos don't mean rebellion, but we are conditioned already to associate tattoos with those that live on the fringe, such as bikers and gang members.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:31 AM

I could be all wrong about this and maybe I'm the only one who has this view about this video, but if I'm right, what baffles me is not that Alizee doesn't see it, but the directors at Sony don't see it.

Attachment 1818

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-11-2019 at 02:34 PM..