Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-01-2012, 10:33 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default [Discussion] 5th Album

I had said before that it seems like someone at Sony or someone close to Alizee is listening to fan's sentiments this time around and I also said I think they are probably listening to her French speaking forums rather than this one, but I'd still like to say a couple of things in the off chance they are listening to us, I'd like to express a couple of my feelings.

First I think they should make sure she participates in Les Enfoires. It seems they've been trying hard to increase her popularity with these dj performances and I think you couldn't do anything better for her popularity than to have her appear on this show. Now if Matt Pokora is going to be on this show again, I don't think there is any likeliness of a relationship between these two, but it would probably cause a lot of publicity if they arranged to be seen together on a couple of occassions around that time. Just something like going out to dinner together or to a show.

The second thing is something that's been bothering me for a couple of weeks now. I've been holding back, not wanting to create controversy, but it's something I have to express because I think it could make a big difference in what's coming up in the future for her and it is about the tatoos so if you don't want to hear it, I suggest you leave this post now.

I think if there is a way Sony can cover up those tatoos, maybe using computers, they should do so. I see the pictures from the studio of Alizee in this beautiful white dress, her hair done up great and she looks sensational, but then there is that arm full of tatoos and I wonder why Sony is even going through the trouble of putting her in a beautiful setting if we are going to have to look at that arm.

We recently talked about her father's retirement or it's probably just a case of him not posting pictures he takes on Facebook anymore. You think that's picture takiing is a rather easy thing to do and I had said how it's not that easy. Let's say you are at the shore trying to take a great picture, you have to wait for the perfect sun angle, the perfect wave, the perfect cloud. Things can enhance or take away from it, such as footprints in the sand. You might have some seagulls fly across at just the right moment or pigeons fly across at just the wrong moment. Just at the perfect moment you might have a beautiful sailboat come by, but it could be out of sync with the waves and the clouds, or you timing could be slightly off. There is an awful lot to it

I've had a lot of faith in Sony producing this album. I was surprised whent the song ACDLA first came out. The beginning was terrible, but then they changed it for the video. Now the video came out, I don't know who produced it, but it was very lackiing. Again they recognized it and said there would be changes. Well they need to make another change that could make a huge impact on the videos that accompany this album. They need to hide the tatoos, either through wardrobe, makeup or computers.

This morning, when I was at work near the end of my shift, some of my fellow mechanics were watching videos on Youtube and they started asking me about past Alizee videos, asking what was the video where she wore that the blue dress and what was the video where she wore that sailor outfit and how about the song where she wore that beautiful white dress? Trust me, even if this album is a success, they will not be asking me, what was that song where she had all the tatoos?

To date, it looks like the music is going to fall short of the great music produced by MF/LB. Now you are going to take away from the physical beuty of the performances? How much more can you take away and still hope to have success? It's not her fans who will determine the success of this album. It's a very discerning public. You have to put your best foot forward.

I think it's too late for it and I wish I had said something earlier, but I think they desperately need to find a way to not show the tatoos, so that the incredible beauty that is still left, will be long remembered by fans. The beauty of her early videos is and will be long remembered and it's still drawing in new fans. But there will be no beauty in these new videos if...................

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-01-2012 at 10:38 AM..
Old 12-01-2012, 11:02 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Hi Scruffydog,

Just a heads up Jo is still posting pictures on his Facebook account. He took a few days off and is right back posting again. Most of the pictures he is putting up are of female models so I haven't been posting those over on the Off Topic side of the board. I created the thread as a Jo Jacotey, Corsica landscape thread, not Jo and his hot women thread. We already have that one covered with Alizée.

BTW I got a Amazon local deal in my Email yesterday that made me think of Alizée
$190 off a tattoo removal session

Last edited by ALS; 12-01-2012 at 11:26 AM..
Old 12-01-2012, 01:43 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
BTW I got a Amazon local deal in my Email yesterday that made me think of Alizée
$190 off a tattoo removal session
A "Christmas present" for Alizee?
Old 12-01-2012, 06:39 PM

Thanks for pointing that out ALS. It's good to know exactly what is going on with him but it doesn't really matter with the point I'm trying to make and that is to tell Sony if the tats are going to be showing, don't waste your time and money putting her in a beautiful setting, don't put her in a beautiful outfit, don't get her all dolled up because it's time and money going down the drain.

As far as the tatoo removal kit, she does not have enough sense to do something like that and even if she did, I seriously doubt she could ever look the same.

I think Sony finally came to their senses and realized she was destroying a great asset that they had to work with, a great asset that could have meant a lot to promoting her and this album and I think they put a "temporary" stop to the tats on as of yet, unspoiled other parts of her body, or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part. I think they will come back with a flurry at some point after the album comes out and hopefully after her tour is done.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-01-2012 at 06:42 PM..
Old 12-01-2012, 10:08 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Scruffy you must know by now Alizée can work magic! Well offcourse you do!

So I think there's really no need to concern yourself over her tattoos in her videos, performances, etc. Her tattoos are quite visibe in the unofficial ACDLA video too but can you really say it isn't a beautiful video nonetheless? Yeah I know some aren't really happy with the overall production of it.. but there are still many beautiful images there even with the tattoos, I guess that just brings us back to the Alizée magic I mentioned before though.

Well they are part of her.. many other singers also have them these days aswell and it hasn't hindered their careers one bit. Anyway who will really care about them in france.. from what I've been led to believe, france in general has forgot about Alizée.

I guess at the end of the day all she really needs is a great song to put her back into the limelight though and hopefully this new album will have atleast one GREAT SONG. Seriously that's all it takes.. and trust me nothing else will really matter.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 12-02-2012, 12:59 AM

Davedel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Thanks for pointing that out ALS. It's good to know exactly what is going on with him but it doesn't really matter with the point I'm trying to make and that is to tell Sony if the tats are going to be showing, don't waste your time and money putting her in a beautiful setting, don't put her in a beautiful outfit, don't get her all dolled up because it's time and money going down the drain....
Amen, brother! She was top of the line but has since sent herself in a tailspin. Lets be honest, the tattoos are ugly, the new songs have sucked, and she keeps on keepin' on. The saddest words I've ever heard are, "Alizee was..."
Old 12-02-2012, 01:11 AM
Alizée dreamer

Davedel.. with all due respect I think you're just being an ignorant/arrogant prick!

Old 12-02-2012, 01:36 AM

Davedel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-rêve View Post
Davedel.. with all due respect I think you're just being an ignorant/arrogant prick!
Without going into detail,"The truth hurts." Been a fan since Feb 2005, did most of the organization of the Alizee Party back in 2007, loved the early Alizee (before 2004). Since then the only really good song was the one reworked by 2 fans from this website. I just hate seeing someone that should be on a pedestal doing a face-plant on the floor. Still buy her CDs to support her but am stoopified by those tats.

Say what you want.. that's my opinion. I won't be answering back. Back to lurking mode for the next few years.

Last edited by Davedel; 12-02-2012 at 01:40 AM..
Old 12-02-2012, 01:56 AM

Well there is still tremendous potential there for beautiful music and beautiful videos. Look at her first 2 recent dj gigs. She showed up in basicly a printed t shirt for one and a sweatshirt for the other, but with her most recent dj appearence, she looked gorgeous.

I'm by no means saying it's over for her. She's still very beautiful when packaged the right way, but when she's not, she's not far from being plain Jane.

If you ever do a google search for "beautiful French singer", the hits are dominated by Alizee. Sometimes your searches for different things can be influenced by your previous searches, so I was curious to see if I'd get similar results doing the same on other computers. So on my most recent vacation, I stopped in internet cafes in Aachen and in Dubrovnik and in both cases, it was the same thing. The hits on my search were dominated by Alizee.

I think that is a huge testament to her beauty. There are plenty of other beautiful singers in France including Nolwenn, Jenifer, Lorie and Shy'm to name a few. It's huge and I doubt if she realizes it or appreciates it.

Her early performances are so memorable and a lot of that has to do with her beauty. Her beauty can still make her videos something to be remembered, again, if she is packaged right or they can be, just another video.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:59 AM
Alizée dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davedel View Post
Without going into detail,"The truth hurts." Been a fan since Feb 2005, did most of the organization of the Alizee Party back in 2007, loved the early Alizee (before 2004). Since then the only really good song was the one reworked by 2 fans from this website. I just hate seeing someone that should be on a pedestal doing a face-plant on the floor. Still buy her CDs to support her but am stoopified by those tats.

Say what you want.. that's my opinion. I won't be answering back. Back to lurking mode for the next few years.
I just didn't like the tone in your first post.. I mean saying her new songs suck is a bit harsh.