Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-16-2015, 10:22 PM
Zéeologist

Antares is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton View Post
I never understood the extremely harsh reviews on "Blonde". Maybe it wasn't her best album but it wasn't her worst either. It was a fresh, fun album, quite different from the last two. There were gems like Alcaline and Tweet which I would have loved to see played live by Ali.
I really didn't understand the harsh reviews either. Blonde got blasted by critics for a lot of strange reasons. One review I saw criticized the use of retro-style beats, calling it "outdated," which I found funny because tons of music in North America is doing the same thing to great critical acclaim (Like Daft Punk's "Get Lucky"). It was also criticized for being thematically very light, which it is, but so is tons of other music. Charts In France never criticized Yelle for the entirely substance-less (though admittedly catchy) "Ba$$in", which was far worse than anything to be found on Blonde.

Really, I think it comes down to the fact that right now it's really popular for media outlets to hate on Alizée. I don't know why they do it, but there's a constant stream of negativity and criticism targeted towards her, especially on CIF, but these opinions quickly become pervasive in the media.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:14 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well DALS is coming up fairly soon and I believe they've picked the stars, but have they picked the professional dancers yet?
Old 10-03-2015, 03:14 PM

They should also be announcing the sales dates for Les Enfoires tickets pretty soon too!
Old 10-08-2015, 09:23 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Well DALS is coming up fairly soon and I believe they've picked the stars, but have they picked the professional dancers yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
They should also be announcing the sales dates for Les Enfoires tickets pretty soon too!
I saw that Gregoire is going to be participating in the DALS tour this winter. My guess (just a guess!) is that he will be performing in the group dances and not have a regular partner.

Alizée wasn't mentioned yet for anything related to DALS... This might leave her available to join her friends on the Les Enfoires show.

(Two shows on Sunday!)
Old 10-08-2015, 11:08 PM

That's great news for Greg considering his late cancellation last year must have put DALS in a bind and what is great news for Greg is great news for Alizée.
Old 10-17-2015, 07:38 PM

Default Les Enfoires has to happen

I was very disappointed reading the translation for the Zig-Zag radio show. It looks like at this time there is nothing in the works at this point for a new album. But I was at least cheered up by that fact that before I had said, if they decided to open a school in Ajaccio, there would be no time for an album. But the school apparently and I wonder why, is a long way off. So there is still plenty of time for an album.

So what could happen to help plant the seeds; seeds of reality that is for a new album? Something that is coming up in January or possibly February and that is the show Les Enfoires. Here she'll be meeting up with probably JJ Goldman who supposedly wrote her a couple of songs before. Pascal Obispo who helped her with one of her recent albums, not to mention a whole bunch of other singers who could collaborate on a new album with her

Of course the key for those seeds being planted depend upon her being in the show. With Gregoire participating in DALS in some capacity, if DALS and LE have conflicting dates, would Alizée choose to stay with Greg where ever he is instead of going off to a different city for LE or it could even be the same city for that matter?

Well we may not know until the last minute if she'll participate in LE. Her decision doesn't really have to be made until probably a couple of weeks before the show but she would probably get a more prominent role the sooner she announced. How prominent a role could also be influenced by the fact that JJG who I think likes her, was criticized for having too much influence on the show, and this show coming up is supposed to be handled a little differently. Nevertheless of how big a role she plays, if she attends, she will be meeting with many people in the industry and right now I think the best possibility of a new album becoming a reality, might get rolling with her taking part in this show.

The sales dates for the tickets for Les Enfoires should be announced any day now if it hasn't happened already. I think, not knowing, I'll try and buy one ticket for one of the shows in the middle of the week long event. In 2014 me and battousai got burnt because we went to the first show and found out the hard way after waiting over 6 hours in line, that she was not participating so she could focus on Blonde. Hopefully it will happen this time around and I think I like the potential upside of her attending this event.
Old 10-19-2015, 08:18 PM

DannyMac524 is on a distinguished road

If she opens a studio, I wonder if it will be in Ajaccio? If she does, I'd like to try to find it, as I'm planning to be there next year some time.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:40 PM

I can't imagine it being anyplace other than Ajaccio. I'm sure wild horses couldn't make her live anywhere else but there and I can't see her commuting to any other town or city close enough and big enough for a dance school.
Old 10-20-2015, 10:43 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

I can't believe she let the cat out of the bag on the type of dance school she and Greg plan on opening. There are more than enough schools in town now and if I'm one of the existing schools I'd be starting up a kids dance program as soon as I can before they open theirs up.

Remember if you get the kids involved in dance you have a good shot at the parents coming in for classes also.
Old 10-20-2015, 06:07 PM

There does seem to be enough schools in the area. I believe she was going to specialize in Ballroom dance. Don't the other schools have that? I would think also she'd be ruffling the feathers of MM and Pierre Antoine. As far as letting the cat out of the bag, I would think if it's her and Greg's school, their celebritiness would draw in a good amount of people no matter when they announced it.