Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 11-16-2015, 09:01 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default Alizée America prays for Paris!

I apologize for us not coming up with something sooner, but we wanted to come up with something that showed that this was something that a lot of us felt strongly about. What we came up with was a picture of the Eiffel tower surrounded by flags from countries that are members have come from. If I missed any, please let me know.

This thread is only for adding statements of support for the people of Paris and also all the victims and their families. No debates or comments outside of support will be allowed. If you do want to debate what happened, please start another thread for it. There are some things I'd love to say.

We or at least I will be contacting many inactive members to try and get them to add messages too, here and in Alizée America's Facebook page. I will add a link to that page, to this thread soon so people here can comment there too if they so choose.

I also want to mention that we tried to get away from using the word "prayer" because it's supposed to be our policy to stay away from things of a religious nature, but it's in such wide spread use and fit the subject so perfectly that after consulting with other mods, they were okay with it.

Old 11-16-2015, 11:17 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Very fitting.

We hold the people of Paris, and of France, especially those directly touched by this barbaric set of acts, in our hearts at this time.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:09 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

Well done, Dave!, And so very well stated.
Old 11-17-2015, 03:50 PM

Synthetic498 is on a distinguished road
I'm sure that all the community appreciate it, thank you very much Scruffy.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:45 PM

One of the reasons it took me a while to put this together is after work, Sunday morning, I went home showered, then went to a mass at the Holy Cross Cathedral in Boston that was dedicated to the victims in Paris. I apologize for the poor audio in the video I'm posting. The acoustics in the church aren't that good and my camera makes a lot of noise when I zoom. Plus I had rotator cuff surgery a couple of months ago so it's almost impossible for me to hold my camera steady after a couple of minutes.

I did get there early and I was able to say several prayers for the victims of Paris. The Gospel was said in both English and French.

After this, I went to the French consulate in Boston where I placed some flowers ( a dozen red, white and blue (dyed) carnations and a rose and a Lily (I had to include a Lily) with the flowers at the consulate. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

There was also a rally for the people of Paris on the Boston common after that, but I got there too late. Long day, but I felt I accomplished something, even if it was in a small way.

Old 11-18-2015, 02:03 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

I don't have words for this event.

Last edited by Shepherd; 11-18-2015 at 02:16 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 11-18-2015, 09:36 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Prayers for the victims of the Paris attacks.
Old 11-19-2015, 07:05 AM

Aldighieri is on a distinguished road

I send solidarity from me and I'm sure I can state this from most italian people.
Non Prevalebunt.
Old 11-19-2015, 09:04 PM
Оле Оле

alizeefan is on a distinguished road

Old 11-20-2015, 05:36 AM

I contacted several members, urging them to show their support for the victims in Paris if they haven't already, using either our forum and/or the Alizee America Facebook page. I mainly contacted members who's addresses I had in my computer from the autograph session.