Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 11-23-2015, 03:07 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

can't talk now, they are closing the cabin door!
Old 11-23-2015, 06:03 PM

Paybays is on a distinguished road

It's always extreemly sad when civilians and tourists are the result of a decision that a gouvernement made. I feel very sorry for the citicens of Paris, the people that lost a loved one and the people who are not with us anymore.

In todays society war shouldn't be an answer to crimes of this nature. I hope everyone will find peace in their hearts and hopefully this will be once in a lifetime.
Old 11-23-2015, 08:05 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
can't talk now, they are closing the cabin door!
Your trip to the west coast? Have a good trip and holiday. Your reasoning is always sound and well thought out so like I said, I wont do anything until I hear from you or if somebody else objects, I'll drop the whole idea.
Old 11-23-2015, 08:07 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

My thoughts and prayers have most definitely been with the victims and the loved ones of the victims of the Paris attacks. Such a horrible, disgusting act of hatred. I hope that the victims will be remembered, and the attackers will be forgotten like dust in the wind.
Old 11-24-2015, 11:43 AM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
That surprises me seeing how you hadn't commented. I said I planned on not mentioning any names. Now this is not a private forum. Everything that is said, is visible to anyone on the internet. It certainly doesn't get as many looks as FB does, but it is out there. Now I can understand that as a general rule. None of us want someone quoting something what we said on any given day and posting it all over the internet. But my reasoning is, Alizée America Facebook is I feel an extension of the forum. It was formed some time ago and though I was one of the administrators or whatever you call it, It was run by other members. Recently, probably due to those other people not having the time to run it, it wasn't getting updated very often, so I took a more active role in that page.

Again I can see people not wanting what they said spread around the internet. But this is kind of a unique case. All that was said which was what I specified, words of support. I'm sure a lot more people see the FB page and probably more people in France and that was my main goal, to show the French, even if it only reaches a few, we do support them and to show them that we weren't just worried if Alizée was safe.

But since someone objected, I will not do it.
To me, the forum is about promoting Alizée, supporting her professional activities, and helping fans learn about her and enjoy what she has done together. In that respect, as a member of the forum I object to using the forum's Facebook page for any other uses. It's that simple.

Perhaps you'd consider making a poll where members can anonymously vote on your proposal, and then proceed based on the results.
Old 11-24-2015, 03:05 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
To me, the forum is about promoting Alizée, supporting her professional activities, and helping fans learn about her and enjoy what she has done together. In that respect, as a member of the forum I object to using the forum's Facebook page for any other uses. It's that simple.

Perhaps you'd consider making a poll where members can anonymously vote on your proposal, and then proceed based on the results.
Well I have to disagree with what this forum is about. It's exactly what the name says, a forum. It's a place for discussion, pro, con or anywhere in between. If somebody wants to come in here and criticize the hell out of Alizee, if it's justified, then so beit. As long as it doesn't go over board. Something I've been guilty of on more than one occassion and as long as it doesn't get repetitive such as the case when she got all the tatoos and I went off on her. I criticized her loud and often. I recognized it was getting old so I formed a thread where if someone was against it, they wouldn't have to be afraid to state their views, but nobody else would have to look at it. So that is the primary purpose of this forum.................discussion.

Many of us chose to go beyond the scope of that by supporting her in many ways such as some members including myself making cds and dvds to give away. Look what I did with the radio ads and what we did with the autographed cds. With the autographed cds it benefited us and it benefited her. I've written to many magazines and tv stations to promote her as have others. There was the donation to the young boy in Ajaccio who had cancer who later died. All very nice things, but like I said, they are outside the scope of this "forum".

We do things like this because at any one time over the years, we've always had a good core of members, who to most of which Alizee was more than just another singer. So we do things that go beyond what this site is about and I'm sure it's something we'll continue to do.

I actually thought this might have been over the fact that we are supporting Paris and should we be supporting them when there's been other disasters all over the world. Should we not offer support to the victims of Mali? Now I'm still pondering that, but I have to think Paris and France are an exception. They both play a big part in why we are here. Would there have been an Alizee without MF and LB? Would her singing be the same without the French accent. Look at some of her performances such as JPVA in front of the Eiffel tower or JPVA at Hotel de Ville? All the French people and singers we know because of her such as Jessica, Jenifer, Nolwenn, Lorie, Patric Fiori, Pascal Obispo, Jean Jaques Goldman, Tina Arena, Clarie Keim, Jean Baptiste Maunier, Christopher Mae. These are all names I did not have to look up.

EDIT: If you look back to what AlizéeAmerica's logo used to be, it was the U.S and "French" flags crossed with the torch from the statue of liberty, a gift from France along with a Moor's head image. I think that further shows France is a big part of what this forum is about.

So I think, Paris and France do deserve the extra attentions that we are giving them "outside" of what this forum is intended for.

Posting those comments, without the names, is such a small thing, but if it made one person over there feel better, it be well worth it. I'd have to use discretion to. There's some things I'd have to leave out.

Causes close to Alizee mean a little more to me. This event in Paris was close to her in more ways than one. The Mary-Do association was close to her so I made a donation to that too, but it's not just causes close to Alizee I've donated to. Back in May, I made a donation to the Catholic relief services for the victims of the Nepal earthquake. By the way, they help anyone in need; not just catholics. The next month, I made a donation to "Hope for Paws", that's an organization you may have seen who has videos on Youtube where they rescue abandoned dogs mostly.

What I'm saying is I'm not doing this for our sake or for my sake. We can't save the world. But this part of the world has meant a lot to me and I think to us, mostly because of Alizee. I think I and I like to think we, are a lot closer to Paris and France than we are with most other countries, so in this case, I'd like to do something extra. But that something extra, will be outside the scope of this forum, someplace we've gone several times before.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 11-24-2015 at 08:12 PM..
Old 11-26-2015, 02:47 AM
Alizee Fan!

Ali is on a distinguished road

I have been a fan of France since 1998 by following their Football/Soccer team (hence my sig) and long before I started following Alizee. Alizee just further increased my interest in learning more about the country, their culture and their language. I have got to meet many French people over the last 10 years and have formed many friendships. Many of them were surprised that I knew so much about France and even more so when I threw around some French terms. So, when I hear about the attacks in Paris a little over 2 weeks ago I was shocked, appalled and disgusted by what happened to these innocent people. My sincerest condolences to France.

Most people don't know but France helped us gain independence from Great Britain during the Revolutionary War and we may have not gained our freedom if it weren't for the French. So, we Americans should be grateful to France for what they have done for us.

I have relatives and friends who have visited Paris and they have told me what a beautiful city it is, perhaps the most beautiful city in Europe and to have terrorist attack the City of Lights is reprehensible. So. shame on the attackers for carrying out such a reprehensible act and I hope they face justice for the crimes they have committed.

My deepest condolences to the people of France and the beautiful city of Paris.

And Thank You Scruffy for creating this thread and sending out a message to all the members. I have been so busy that I barely have any time these days. If it weren't for you I wouldn't have know that such a thread existed.

I hope you guys have great Thanksgiving even during these somber times. I think we should be grateful for what we have (including our good health) and not just material things.

Sincerely,

Ali.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Well I have to disagree with what this forum is about. It's exactly what the name says, a forum. It's a place for discussion, pro, con or anywhere in between. If somebody wants to come in here and criticize the hell out of Alizee, if it's justified, then so beit. As long as it doesn't go over board. Something I've been guilty of on more than one occassion and as long as it doesn't get repetitive such as the case when she got all the tatoos and I went off on her. I criticized her loud and often. I recognized it was getting old so I formed a thread where if someone was against it, they wouldn't have to be afraid to state their views, but nobody else would have to look at it. So that is the primary purpose of this forum.................discussion.

Many of us chose to go beyond the scope of that by supporting her in many ways such as some members including myself making cds and dvds to give away. Look what I did with the radio ads and what we did with the autographed cds. With the autographed cds it benefited us and it benefited her. I've written to many magazines and tv stations to promote her as have others. There was the donation to the young boy in Ajaccio who had cancer who later died. All very nice things, but like I said, they are outside the scope of this "forum".

We do things like this because at any one time over the years, we've always had a good core of members, who to most of which Alizee was more than just another singer. So we do things that go beyond what this site is about and I'm sure it's something we'll continue to do.

I actually thought this might have been over the fact that we are supporting Paris and should we be supporting them when there's been other disasters all over the world. Should we not offer support to the victims of Mali? Now I'm still pondering that, but I have to think Paris and France are an exception. They both play a big part in why we are here. Would there have been an Alizee without MF and LB? Would her singing be the same without the French accent. Look at some of her performances such as JPVA in front of the Eiffel tower or JPVA at Hotel de Ville? All the French people and singers we know because of her such as Jessica, Jenifer, Nolwenn, Lorie, Patric Fiori, Pascal Obispo, Jean Jaques Goldman, Tina Arena, Clarie Keim, Jean Baptiste Maunier, Christopher Mae. These are all names I did not have to look up.

EDIT: If you look back to what AlizéeAmerica's logo used to be, it was the U.S and "French" flags crossed with the torch from the statue of liberty, a gift from France along with a Moor's head image. I think that further shows France is a big part of what this forum is about.

So I think, Paris and France do deserve the extra attentions that we are giving them "outside" of what this forum is intended for.

Posting those comments, without the names, is such a small thing, but if it made one person over there feel better, it be well worth it. I'd have to use discretion to. There's some things I'd have to leave out.

Causes close to Alizee mean a little more to me. This event in Paris was close to her in more ways than one. The Mary-Do association was close to her so I made a donation to that too, but it's not just causes close to Alizee I've donated to. Back in May, I made a donation to the Catholic relief services for the victims of the Nepal earthquake. By the way, they help anyone in need; not just catholics. The next month, I made a donation to "Hope for Paws", that's an organization you may have seen who has videos on Youtube where they rescue abandoned dogs mostly.

What I'm saying is I'm not doing this for our sake or for my sake. We can't save the world. But this part of the world has meant a lot to me and I think to us, mostly because of Alizee. I think I and I like to think we, are a lot closer to Paris and France than we are with most other countries, so in this case, I'd like to do something extra. But that something extra, will be outside the scope of this forum, someplace we've gone several times before.
Hey Scruffy,

Thanks for all you have done in promoting Alizee. You have gone above and beyond. You area a true Alizee fan.

I agree with you 100% that France and Alizee is intertwined. I was a fan of France before I came across Alizee and as I stated earlier, I learned a great deal more about the country and even other French artists after I came across Alizee. I don't think this wouldn't have been possible if it were for Alizee. In many ways, she has been a great ambassador for France.

I am sad to hear that the young boy died. Thanks for all the charitable work that you have done. I try to do my part. The world needs more people like you.

You are free to use my condolence post on Alizee facebook page without the actual names of the users in question. I just think it would be odd to use forum member names which could be words to represent wide variety of things not names of actual human beings. Heck member name could be a car for all I know. Plus I think it would draw away from the message when it ends with say an unusual forum member name x,y,z.

So, I am okay as long as mine or any other member names on this forums aren't used. I pretty sure most wouldn't mind if their Alizee forum name weren't used.

Last edited by Ali; 11-26-2015 at 03:07 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts