Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 07-04-2018, 02:20 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road
Default Alizée and Mylene re-release Gourmandises and Mes courants electriques

#surprise

On the 18th anniversary of the single "Moi... Lolita" Alizée, Mylene and Laurent have re-released Alizée's first two albums digitally.

Alizée announced it this morning on her social media pages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizée
Mylene, Laurent and I wanted to surprise you for 18th Anniversary of Moi Lolita�� You can find now my first 2 remastered albums on all platforms of streaming and legal download : Deezer, spotify,iTunes etc. Video clips are also available on YouTube (link in my bio) Enjoy �� #happy #4juillet #moilolita #18years

(larger image) : http://instagram.fphl2-4.fna.fbcdn.n...60790272_n.jpg

Many of the original clips are on a new YouTube channel that she mentioned. : http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHIv0QHRLwTqWTPYoh_5ppQ

I don't use the streaming/subscription services so I can't comment on what's on those.

In the iTunes store I found Gourmandises and MCE (11 original song versions + 4 English versions) available for purchase for US$10.99 each. Each track is also available individually. The bitrate on my downloads is only 274 kbps. I'm not sophisticated enough to discern if these sound any better than the CDs though. : https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/a...A9e/1391337690

Gourmandises seems to be available digitally at Amazon (as well as 'Blonde' and '5') but I don't see MCE there. http://www.amazon.com/Gourmandises-A.../dp/B07DD32S7S

As you can see original music videos are also available at iTunes for $1-$1.50. I'm not convinced the quality of them are any better than the ones on the Youtube channel but I bought as many as my balance would cover.

Has anyone tried out these releases on streaming services?

Edit:

#geekalert

Here is some data from the files I purchased from iTunes for MCE

And some data comparing the Youtube vs iTunes ACC clip data

Last edited by Ray4AJ; 07-04-2018 at 02:20 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 07-04-2018, 04:08 PM

kulli is on a distinguished road

I listened to it on spotify with my headphones, I can't tell if there is a quality difference between youtube and spotify. How is the bitrate on the orginal CD. I expect it is better.
Old 07-04-2018, 04:25 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulli View Post
I listened to it on spotify with my headphones, I can't tell if there is a quality difference between youtube and spotify. How is the bitrate on the orginal CD. I expect it is better.
I was able to rip my CDs at over 1000 kbps, for the most part. But I honestly can never tell the difference.

mcebit.jpg

Edit:

After watching some of the videos, I think the versions I got from iTunes are better than any I have seen in the past. Still, I had expected them to look more HD besides just being in a 1080 format.

Last edited by Ray4AJ; 07-04-2018 at 04:25 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 07-04-2018, 04:36 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I downloaded the itunes for windows program to my desktop. It allowed me to look at all the songs there but when I go to register, internet explorer crashes. I'm trying my laptop now. I'll try to get it working and use it because of what Ray said about the video seeming to be better there.

Once I get it straightened out, I will buy everything that is newly available, plus I'll probably download anything 'Alizée' on there. I saw about 70 files on there which would be about $100. Even if I don't notice a difference in the sound or video, I will get them as a way of supporting her. I think it's the least i can do. I urge others to at least buy one, maybe two songs and I will urge others to do the same on Facebook.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-04-2018 at 04:43 PM..
Old 07-05-2018, 09:30 AM

I was able to get iTunes working on my laptop when I was at work. I downloaded all the songs from the 2 albums that were remastered along with all the songs on two other of her albums that were on there along with the videos that were posted. It came to some 50+ files and cost about $50. Like I said, I did it more to support her than for the remastering and again I urge others to at least buy one or two of her songs.

I'm glad to to see they worked with LB on this. We're not sure of what went on in the past of whether there were some bad feelings between Alizee and MF/LB. We've heard just a little bit to make us think that things were okay between Zée and MF, but never or I should say I never heard of whether things were okay between her and LB and this seems to indicate all is well in that triad. Does that spell anything for the future? I doubt it, but if they are working together on this, could they be testing the waters????
Old 07-05-2018, 11:03 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

The nine re-released official music videos from that period on Youtube are in 1080 quality.

Moi Alizée YouTube Channel

Last edited by ALS; 07-05-2018 at 11:14 AM..
Old 07-05-2018, 11:23 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Alizée and Mylene also re-released nine of the official music videos from that period on Youtube in 1080 quality.
I am in the process of downloading them all. Thanks for saying something about this. They are awesome!

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I'm glad to to see they worked with LB on this. We're not sure of what went on in the past of whether there were some bad feelings between Alizee and MF/LB. We've heard just a little bit to make us think that things were okay between Zée and MF, but never or I should say I never heard of whether things were okay between her and LB and this seems to indicate all is well in that triad. Does that spell anything for the future? I doubt it, but if they are working together on this, could they be testing the waters????
One would have to think why they would bother re-mastering and re-releasing the music and videos unless they thought there was some money in it. And this could only occur if they believed there was a large enough fan base that still remains loyal to Alizee to this day. I think as you, that they might be testing the waters. (fingers crossed)

I think there is good reason to believe that Alizee had a falling out with MF/LB and that there was some lingering bitterness. I believe her husband had convinced her that she would be better off without them and she went along with him because, among other reasons, she wanted to please her husband. But time seems to heal the wounds and Alizee had matured, and sometimes you just have to let bygones be bygones.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 07-05-2018 at 11:23 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 07-05-2018, 05:59 PM

Of course it looks like they could only remaster if that's the correct term, music videos MF and LB produced because they have the original film. Wouldn't it be great if they could do the same with some of her tv performances too that weren't in 1080?

There are some people who take those videos and 'remaster' them and do some tweaking that can improve them and they put them out as 1080, but if the original video they are working with isn't 1080, it can never be as good.
Old 07-05-2018, 06:17 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Of course it looks like they could only remaster if that's the correct term, music videos MF and LB produced because they have the original film. Wouldn't it be great if they could do the same with some of her tv performances too that weren't in 1080?
Yes, like the JEM performance in 2003 at the Festival de Alcalá de los Gazules (Cádiz) that you uploaded to YouTube. I know you did the best you could with a VHS tape of it though. As said before, Alizee was made for HD!
Old 07-06-2018, 09:03 AM

Ske sent me a message today that Alizée fans in France are trying to drive the downloads
of Moi Lolita up the charts to #1. This effort is supposed to be going on from July 6 - 12. Hopefully our many downloads will help them towards that goal. I'm not sure yet if it's just the audio version of the song or the music video of the song or if it can be either one. I'll try and find out. Here is a picture Ske sent me to promote this effort.

Alizee telecharger.jpg