Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 12:18 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Hey Scruff, would you mind sending it to her on her ebay too? Cause like you said, she'll be checking her ebay once it sells in order to send it off. So she'll see she has messages when she goes on. I recommend you make the title say "Donation Information €1000" in french or something.

And I agree that contacting Johann or her dad is just way too far over the line.
I will check into that and if there is a way I can post a message vie e bay, I will do it.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:41 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Do you guys think we should post something on "Un Sourire pour Jean-Baptiste" Facebook wall? I think something as simple as:

"We learned about your association because we are fans of Alizée. Is there a way that people can donate to your association? We sincerely want to donate, but we are from a different country. Is there a way we can contact you?"
Has this been done yet? Any response? Seems like the best idea.

Also, might we consider just bidding on the toy at this point? I know it isn't what you guys wanted, but it seems the simplest thing. We can almost double the current bid, and then if someone bids higher, all the better - more money for Jean-Baptiste.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:53 PM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Has this been done yet? Any response? Seems like the best idea.

Also, might we consider just bidding on the toy at this point? I know it isn't what you guys wanted, but it seems the simplest thing. We can almost double the current bid, and then if someone bids higher, all the better - more money for Jean-Baptiste.
Well, some members feel that if we don't take part in bidding then it would mean that organization might get the amount from auction and the donation from AAm both. If we bid, then they won't get extra from the auction.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:00 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
if we need to get desperate in contacting someone.
I made this point in my post.

Which means if there is no other options left for us to pursue.

We still have options open to us at this point.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:02 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well we could bid on it, but that would cut the amount that will go to this cause by at least 500 euros, something I think nobody wants to do.

I've been working my butt off trying all options to get this done. Calling, e'mailing, pm'ing anyone and everyone I could possibly think of. I joined AlizeeCorsicajaccio, thinking this would be a great place to get some help, but it was to no avail. I've tried making calls to Ajaccio, again with no luck.

We've tried desperately to get this done in the least obtrusive way, with no results.

At this point, I think we can only respond with our intentions. If she chooses not to reply, I would understand that, because that is the way she chooses to protect her, her privacy and her family. But I think it would be of no harm to post our heart felt intentions. If she chooses not to respond, then so be it. Hopefully there will be some way for us in the future to thank her again.
But as of now, I think this is a very warm hearted and well intentioned effort, of which we can not be faulted for trying.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:45 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

If Alizée doesn't want to communicate with us, she can always pass on your contact information to the association and let them contact you. That should be simple enough for her to do.

I've put in a friend request to Unsourirepour Jean Baptiste on Facebook. If they accept I will ask for contact info.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:43 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post

Also, might we consider just bidding on the toy at this point?

It is an option to do that, but like Scruffy said, it would lower the amount the group would raise.

HOWEVER

if we CANT contact the group in anyway...then they will be missing out on the 1000 euros we want to give...so at that point....bidding on the toy will give them the 1000, instead of the 500 or so the bid is at...so in that scenario, they will still raise more money.

Its a hard choice to make...
Old 08-05-2011, 03:48 PM

SlipshodDread is on a distinguished road

Yes but then you to decide what to do with the toy. Does one of the donators keep it, does it get re donated? etc etc. Get thinking because there is very little time left now
Old 08-05-2011, 04:41 PM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
So we're running out of time. I guess this will be the final draft and here is the Google interpretation of it. I willl forward it to Bigdan so hopefully he can proof read it. Does anyone know of any other members in this forum who are fluent in French in case we can't get a hold of Bigdan?

Dave Hardy
AlizeeAmerica

Bonjour Alizée,

Je suis un membre de AlizeeAmerica, un forum avec les membres de tous les coins du monde ainsi que les Etats-Unis. Puisque vous tiendra la session extraordinaire d'autographes en mars de l'année dernière pour nous, nous avons été à la recherche d'une certaine façon de vous remercier pour votre générosité.

Il ya quelques jours, nous avons entendu de votre enchère pour élever un peu d'argent pour Un sourirepour Jean Baptiste. Nous avons pensé que cela pourrait être une bonne opportunité. Qu'est-ce que nous voulions faire était, comme un forum, était de faire un petit don pour un montant de 1.000 euros, directement auprès de cette organisation. Nous voulons que le don d'être séparé de vente aux enchères de jouets qu'ils, donc encore plus d'argent peut être soulevé pour le groupe.

Nous n'avions pas l'intention de poster ce que nous faisons ici. Nous voulions que ce soit un événement profil bas. Cependant, nos nombreuses tentatives pour essayer de contacter cette organisation ont rencontré l'échec, je suis sûr à cause des différences dans nos langues.

Nous avons donc décidé de faire appel directement à vous, qui, comme j'ai dit, c'est jamais hors intention en premier lieu et nous sommes profondément désolés de cette, mais nous voulions le faire en temps opportun à l'enchère qui se termine samedi après-midi, heure de Paris.

Merci pour votre temps et encore une fois nous nous excusons pour demander votre implication dans cet effort.

Dave Hardy
AlizeeAmerica
I just looked over the letter and made some changes. If another French speaker would do the same to the corrections that I've made, that would be great.

Quote:
Bonjour Alizée,

Je suis membre d’AlizéeAmerica, un forum avec des membres de tous les coins du monde ainsi que des Etats-Unis. Depuis que vous avez fait pour nous une séance de dédicaces au mois de mars l'année dernière, nous cherchons un moyen de vous remercier de votre grande générosité.

Il y a quelques jours, nous avons entendu parler de votre vente aux enchères qui vise à récolter un peu d'argent pour l’association Un sourire pour Jean Baptiste. Nous pensions que cela serait une bonne occasion. Ce que nous voulions faire en tant que forum, c’était de faire un petit don de 1.000 euros directement auprès de cette organisation. Nous voudrions que le don ne fasse pas partie de la vente aux enchères de manière à ce qu’une plus grande somme d’argent puisse être récoltée.

Nous n'avions pas l'intention de poster ici ce que nous voulions faire. Nous ne voulions pas nous mettre en avant. Cependant, nos nombreuses tentatives de contacter cette organisation se sont soldées par un échec, sans doute à cause de nos langues différentes.

Nous avons donc décidé de faire appel directement à vous, ce qui n’a jamais été notre intention, mais nous voulions faire ce don à temps vu que la vente aux enchères se termine samedi après-midi.

Merci de votre temps et nous nous excusons encore une fois de vous mêler à nos efforts.

Cordialement,
Dave Hardy
AlizeeAmerica

Old 08-05-2011, 05:33 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

I agree with Aaronius31 just ask where to send a separate donation on the Ebay auction. There is a box for questions at the bottom labeled

Questions/réponses sur cet objet
Poser une question

Alizée's Ebay Auction

Make it simple like the members of Alizée America would like to make a separate 1,000€ donation towards Jean Baptiste's medical care. Would you be kind enough to let us know who is receiving these donations and their address in Ajaccio. Thank you,

Alizée America.

Babel Fish translation:

Les membres d'Alizée Amérique voudraient faire une donation 1,000€ séparée vers Jean Baptiste' ; soin médical de s. Vous seriez assez aimable pour nous faire savoir qui reçoit ces donations et leur adresse à Ajaccio.

Merci,

Alizée Amérique.

Last edited by ALS; 08-05-2011 at 05:42 PM..
Closed Thread