Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 02-19-2022, 01:55 PM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Well I have to believe those videos being removed from that channel were done for political reasons, reasons I disagree with, but this is a page about Alizée.
Is it not a case of the videos being taken down due to copyright?
Old 02-19-2022, 04:44 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

AlizéeSuperFanFIN is on a distinguished road
Red face

Hopefully Youtube won't start tightening the line, otherwise almost all of the randomly downloaded music videos will be in jeopardy...

But apparently copyright companies tend to accept them on behalf of artists, but why not that video, which has been there for a long time.

Of course, it depends on the rights owner...

Not everyone agrees.

Alizée 💜
Old 02-19-2022, 08:01 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
Is it not a case of the videos being taken down due to copyright?
I'm no expert on the subject, but here are some of my thoughts considering my experiences with Youtube copyrights over the years.

Their copyright rules have changed over the years. When I first became a fan of hers, the "Stars A Domicile" videos were all over YT. Then a few years later, most if not all of them were taken down. Now they are back up again.

Here's a video of mine where I dubbed the song K O over En Concert clips.

Under the description of the video it says,

Song
K.-O.
Artist
Alizée
Album
Blonde
Licensed to YouTube by
SME (on behalf of Jive Epic); UNIAO BRASILEIRA DE EDITORAS DE MUSICA - UBEM, Polaris Hub AB, LatinAutor - SonyATV, and 4 Music Rights Societies

So they are aware it's copyrighted material, but they allow it, but they don't let you monetize it.

Here's my six pack of Alizée video where I had used portions of 6 of her early songs.

Here's what is says under description.

Suggested by Believe Music
Moi, Alizée
Music in this video
Learn more
Listen ad-free with YouTube Premium
Song
J'en ai marre !
Artist
Alizée
Album
Mes courants électriques
Writers
Mylène Farmer, Laurent Boutonnat
Licensed to YouTube by
Believe Music (on behalf of Requiem Publishing); SODRAC, Concord Music Publishing, União Brasileira de Compositores, LatinAutorPerf, BMI - Broadcast Music Inc., LatinAutor, and 10 Music Rights Societies
Song
L'Alizé
Artist
Alizée
Album
Gourmandises
Licensed to YouTube by
Believe Music (on behalf of Requiem Publishing); SODRAC, LatinAutorPerf, LatinAutor, Muserk Rights Management, and 8 Music Rights Societies
Song
Gourmandises (Instrumental version)
Artist
Alizée
Album
Gourmandises (Instrumental version)
Licensed to YouTube by
Believe Music (on behalf of Requiem Publishing); Wise Music Group, LatinAutor, LatinAutorPerf, SODRAC, and 12 Music Rights Societies
Song
À contre-courant
Artist
Alizée
Album
Mes courants électriques
Licensed to YouTube by
Believe Music (on behalf of Requiem Publishing); LatinAutorPerf, SODRAC, LatinAutor, and 8 Music Rights Societies
Song
J'ai pas vingt ans ! (Instrumental version)
Artist
Alizée
Album
Mes courants électriques (Instrumental version)
Writers
Mylène Farmer, Laurent Boutonnat
Licensed to YouTube by
Believe Music (on behalf of Requiem Publishing); LatinAutor, SODRAC, LatinAutorPerf, and 10 Music Rights Societies

Again they know it's copyrighted material. In fact is says licensed to YT by Believe music and Believe music suggests it! So they allow it, maybe because they are older songs and at this point, they consider it good advertising for her and I believe she can monetize it.

Les Enfoires seemed to be a tough show to post videos of without getting nailed for copyright violations.

In 2012, me, Jenny and a few other German fans went to a couple of those shows. Afterwards, me and Jenny posted videos and they were taken down right away. We made the mistake of using the name of the artist, the name of the song and Les Enfoires in the titles. That made it easy pickings for them to find them. But there were other German fans there who posted videos that were almost identical to ours, but didn't get caught because they named their videos "German fans in Rhone Alps 2012" numbered 1 through what ever and they are still there today.

So I'm not really sure what the current rules are. For the most part, I stopped posting videos that I'm not sure if they might face copyright violations because I've had a few strikes and don't want to lose my channel.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 02-19-2022 at 08:25 PM..
Old 02-20-2022, 04:44 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

Question

I’ve noticed that several tv broadcasters seem to be removing a lot of their material.

But it can only be better if older music can be found online. There are multiple videos from the same performance/program on YouTube, so maybe at least the owner of the program hasn't asked for it to be removed?

Alizée 💜
Old 02-20-2022, 05:26 PM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Their copyright rules have changed over the years. When I first became a fan of hers, the "Stars A Domicile" videos were all over YT. Then a few years later, most if not all of them were taken down. Now they are back up again.
There is an official s.a.d. channel where all of the s.a.d. videos are hosted. You can find the moi lolia and jpva videos there. (The jpva one being the one with Jessica.)

The 'elle alizee' channel--- which has practically all of alizee's tv performances--- does not have the s.a.d. performances of moi lolita and jpva. I presume this is because the s.a.d. people would complain--- I think they only want the s.a.d. videos on their official s.a.d. channel.

Edit:

Quote:
Again they know it's copyrighted material. In fact is says licensed to YT by Believe music and Believe music suggests it! So they allow it, maybe because they are older songs and at this point, they consider it good advertising for her and I believe she can monetize it.
They get the ad revenue when the Alizee music plays on your channel.

Its all about money. They don't mind if Alizee's recorded music is on people's channels, as long as they get paid for it.

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 02-20-2022 at 05:26 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 02-20-2022, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
There is an official s.a.d. channel where all of the s.a.d. videos are hosted. You can find the moi lolia and jpva videos there. (The jpva one being the one with Jessica.)

The 'elle alizee' channel--- which has practically all of alizee's tv performances--- does not have the s.a.d. performances of moi lolita and jpva. I presume this is because the s.a.d. people would complain--- I think they only want the s.a.d. videos on their official s.a.d. channel.
I just checked out that s.a.d. channel. I believe they had the whole 2003 show with Alizée at one time, but I couldn't find it now. They have an edited version of 2003 with Alizée which is a little over 12 minutes long, but the full segment with her was about 25 minutes long. This show I believe also had a segment with Jeremy Chatelain.

Old 02-26-2022, 02:44 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

Smile

I didn’t remember or realize there’s also another successful Ella, Elle l’a video with about 15 million views!

Now with the deletion of that 30 million views video, this video is in the TOP12 place.

What’s interesting about the video is that it was already downloaded on May 16, 2006 - and has 15,515,510 viewers - which is basically an average of almost a million viewers each year after downloading!

Admittedly, this video doesn't seem to have "copyright approval" either, perhaps because it's so old, so there may be a risk of removal here too?

Alizée 💜
Old 03-09-2022, 08:59 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

Cool

Do you have any guesses as to what happens between the two best and most popular videos?

LIB is still really wild in terms of viewership, although it has been a bit quieter at times...

But on average, there are still about 1.5 million new views a month!

ML video, on the other hand, “collects” 'just' about 200,000 to 400,000 viewers a month.

These ratios also seem to have been in the same readings for some time....

Could LIB practically bypass ML in just 15 months...?

With the LIB sometimes reaching up to +2 million a month, it would not be completely impossible for it to become the number one Alizée video of all time as early as 2022...

Personally, I may not quite believe it and I hope ML also manages to get more viewers too!

Fight ML video, fight!

130 283 864
Vs.
115 624 674

Alizée 💜
Old 03-10-2022, 09:01 PM

Well I guess there's the probability that so many people discover her by searching for Madonna's songs as I did. I'll bet so many people, even if they watch Madonna's version of La Isla Bonita, will have Alizée's version pop up as "Suggested for you", where as for people from outside the French speaking world, what would they search for that would make Youtube suggest Moi Lolita to them?
Old 03-11-2022, 11:49 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

For anybody who stumbles upon LIB, they spend the first 30 seconds trying to check out who this "Alizee" is as she sways onto the stage, and then Alizee completely hooks them with her infamous hip movement before the first minute is even up.

Check out the latest comments on the video. It used to be mainly English, Spanish, Russian and occasionally French. Now almost every language is represented, including Asian and Middle Eastern. I think her numbers are getting bumped up the way it has lately by these new areas.

Tags
alizee, videos, youtube