Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 03-11-2022, 04:59 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

AlizéeSuperFanFIN is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Well said gentlemen in the top row!

And so many comments are also written in English, even if it’s not their own main language... Like me, because otherwise so few would understand me!

The same may be true of the YT recommendations in the big picture, probably recommending the most English songs worldwide... In fact, I think J’en Ai Marre would be number one if there were fewer different versions of it, after all, there are so many JEAM videos!

And La Isla Bonita may not have reached the top at the expense of Moi Lolita as fast as I thought sometime six months ago - but now it’s interesting to watch what happens in the coming months!

Alizée 💜
Old 04-14-2022, 10:14 AM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizéeSuperFanFIN View Post
Do you have any guesses as to what happens between the two best and most popular videos?

LIB is still really wild in terms of viewership, although it has been a bit quieter at times...

But on average, there are still about 1.5 million new views a month!

ML video, on the other hand, “collects” 'just' about 200,000 to 400,000 viewers a month.

These ratios also seem to have been in the same readings for some time....

Could LIB practically bypass ML in just 15 months...?

With the LIB sometimes reaching up to +2 million a month, it would not be completely impossible for it to become the number one Alizée video of all time as early as 2022...

Personally, I may not quite believe it and I hope ML also manages to get more viewers too!

Fight ML video, fight!

130 283 864
Vs.
115 624 674
130 709 255
Vs.
118 247 480

Wow, just over 2 million differences in viewers in just a month!

My wish doesn't seem to be coming true and the LIB video is still overwhelming compared to other videos...

Alizée 💜
Old 04-15-2022, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

I have sometimes wondered why people in certain parts of the world consider Alizée's version of La Isla Bonita to be better than Madonna's original "official" La Isla Bonita video. I've always considered a video that tells a story to be far superior to a video that just shows someone singing a song, but Madonna seemed to make a big mistake with this video.

For much of the video--about 50 seconds--there are garbage cans in the background. Who wants to see garbage cans in a video? Isn't there a better way to convey poverty without looking at that?

At another point, the number of a building is 1313. That's a number that has some superstitious significance. It may have had some significance in the video, but it is still a number that bothers a lot of people.

So, I think it's easy to see why many people worldwide might prefer Alizée's version to Madonna's.

Old 04-15-2022, 11:32 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
I have sometimes wondered why people in certain parts of the world consider Alizée's version of La Isla Bonita to be better than Madonna's original "official" La Isla Bonita video. I've always considered a video that tells a story to be far superior to a video that just shows someone singing a song, but Madonna seemed to make a big mistake with this video.

For much of the video--about 50 seconds--there are garbage cans in the background. Who wants to see garbage cans in a video? Isn't there a better way to convey poverty without looking at that?

At another point, the number of a building is 1313. That's a number that has some superstitious significance. It may have had some significance in the video, but it is still a number that bothers a lot of people.

So, I think it's easy to see why many people worldwide might prefer Alizée's version to Madonna's.

That's a pretty cool observation. Both of the "audio" versions of this song, Madonna's and Alizée's are great versions. Maybe some people have only seen Alizée's version of the video and for that reason, prefer hers, but I have to agree with you that even though the original video was by the "Madonna" and had the advantage of being a story, rather than a performance, they did make a huge mistake in the scenery of the video. Like you said, wasn't there a better way to convey the message that this was taking place in a poor neighborhood?
Old 04-16-2022, 03:44 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post

I’ve never listened to madonna, but when I found Alizée’s La Isla Bonita, I listened to just the same video.

I’m no longer even sure if I knew even then that the song was originally madonna’s song. I probably had some information about it.

I didn't like it at all. I was wondering if this should be something wonderful and special. I didn't think it was anything special. I didn’t like the singing voice at all or anything else.

I am so inspired by the sound of Alizée’s siren! And of course, as I’ve said before, I don’t often like the singing voices of female artists very much at all!

Your attention to this video is good Bamagirl, that video is really bad! When I listened to it then, I probably didn’t even focus on that content.

In some cases, for example, based on covers downloaded from Asia, it seems that many people think the song is Alizée’s own, and in some Western countries, its story is likely to be better known collectively.

As for the popularity of Alizée's LIB video, it's probably due to the fact that the name of the song is already known anyway, and that it almost always comes to the top of the search when the keyword "Alizée" is used = such a combination can't be a bad thing...!?

Alizée 💜

Tags
alizee, videos, youtube