Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-15-2013, 11:14 AM
Оле Оле

alizeefan is on a distinguished road
Default Alizée popularity - Less is more . .

With many of my favorite artists they aren't of the world wide well know or say to use the term household name in popularity . Many here seem to share the notion with Alizée wishing or wondering why everyone in the world does not share an enthusiasm in such thoughts to have her be one of the most famous singer in the world .

Over the year I've come to realize to use another saying sometimes less is more . While the opposite could be just as possible to say if there were hundreds of thousands of fans using this forum for instance or hundreds of millions of fans worldwide . Consider the close knit family which has been formed here , add 1000's of fans posting here and perhaps the closer relations between some of you would never happen as posts then would be lost in the mix . Take scruffys latest cd autograph project in this notion , say there were 1000's who wanted an autographed cd . Perhaps then it would have never happened the way it did . . . Sure it may have worked the same way for a few but perhaps then not for as many to be involved as it may have then become a more privately messaged project with less public discussion amongst fewer involved as well end . While yes you can think now but the same amount of cds would have been autographed . . Would they then have gone to the devoted fans or moreso auctioned off to highest bidders . Maybe even she would not do such
personal fan meetings because simply it would not be possible due to having more commitments elsewhere . Now for those who are thinking well if she was one of the most famous there would be more material - pictures - albums - interviews - videos . . . Would there ? You see there is only so much time any artist has to do work . . I'd also add there that quality over quantity , while indeed there maybe a few more of each and every possible works they maybe inferior to what we've become to know and love as is . .

Anyway everything happens for a reason and while Alizée had her worldwide success at one point to be this superstar she is and indeed more was . . I LOVE how it is and has been to have this relatively unknown artist all to ourselves without the mess and less personal closeness those overly popular stars with too many fans become . Now again while the opposite can be thought that if there were more fans , more information being shared and so on . . Perhaps not because with less comes higher devotion one must research any topic and then have well thought out ideas to share instead of just being lazy and rely on others . Adding the more personal relations formed within by such leading to again less is more .

Last edited by alizeefan; 05-15-2013 at 11:16 AM..
Old 05-15-2013, 12:52 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

Scruffy mentioned that there is a certain kind of comradery in this forum but not like it was at the beginning. I totally agree with him. When Alizée had her first public signing with Psychédélices a bunch of the members were there. Some of them were interviewed on tv. One of the guys was Roman, who had a custom made tattoo of Lili on his back shoulder. When he showed it to her, Lili's jaw dropped. There's even a picture of it and you can see the gum in her mouth. lol She yelled, "PAPA!" so he could get a picture of it, It was so cool. Many relationships grew strong back then. Sometimes it became a regular soap opera. Even me and FRA bumped heads now and then.

I look at the members list today and see all the members who were practically a foundation to the forum. Many of them either left because of problems in the forum. One for sure got banned. Some gave notice that they decided to move on. And still others just faded away for whatever reason. I guess some felt her Lolita days were behind her, or the fact that she got married and had a beautiful girl, or they moved on to other music. We can only speculate what happened.

But I still see hope in this forum. I see more and more new members like lapinschous being active. I feel certain that, as long as there is Alizée, this forum will stay strong.

As for the popularity, she made the decision and we have to abide by it. I always felt she would never make it 'big' in the U.S. but it would've grown more. I was taken aback that she never played in Canada. Oh well, C'est la vie!

St. Louis, MO claims roots with France and so it celebrates Bastille Day every July 14th. There are some authentic french restaurants in town and I've been thinking of having one of them host a Bastille Day Party by showing Alizée En Concert. If I think I can get the ball rolling, I'll start a new thread with more information.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:43 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

People tastes change and the same goes with Alizée. When you're the hot act everyone wants to be counted as a fan and when you're going through tough times you learn quickly who your real fans are. Look how many members vanished after her last album UEDS. That tells you a lot about those members devotion to Alizée and how their musical tastes have changed. Same applies to those who took a walk after she married Jeremy and the birth of Annili, back in 2004 and 2005.

At least Alizée realizes at this point in her career that her fans today are her real fans and not what we call FAKE fans who are only around when you're the hot on top of your game musical act at the time.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:43 PM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

Less is more? I don't know... It looks to me that she is not able to fill an arena and sing in front of a live audience, let alone going on tour.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:18 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishFan View Post
Less is more? I don't know... It looks to me that she is not able to fill an arena and sing in front of a live audience, let alone going on tour.
Good point SpanishFan. When Alizée was going to hold a concert at The Rex in Paris, me and three of my friends bought tickets and booked a hotel nearby for a three day stay. I was crushed to find out that the concert was canceled because of poor ticket sales and it wasn't that big of a theater.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:29 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Good point SpanishFan. When Alizée was going to hold a concert at The Rex in Paris, me and three of my friends bought tickets and booked a hotel nearby for a three day stay. I was crushed to find out that the concert was canceled because of poor ticket sales and it wasn't that big of a theater.
When did that happen?

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 05-15-2013, 06:55 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
When did that happen?
I believe that was in the Psych era, she was supposed to have a concert in Paris
Old 05-16-2013, 05:20 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
When did that happen?
You obviously never saw her interview with Feff McScwuff!

http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F
Old 05-20-2013, 11:04 AM

JoeNY is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishFan View Post
Why does Alizee need to sell out 30,000 seat arenas like what she did before? In my teens, I used to go to concerts of popular acts, and I'd never be able to get good seat on the main floor. It was mostly 40 rows back or on the tier levels, and that was my reward for only buying them online 10 minutes after they went on sale. Then I started following indie acts and not so well known bands and singers. Their music was just as good as the big acts I saw in my teens, but they weren't on TV 24/7. They played in the smaller venues in Manhattan. Some of them in bars. It was great. I got to stand literally 5 feet away from some of them. After the show, I'd get to chat with them too.

I think Alizee would sell out these smaller venues in Manhattan. She would make a fortune selling CDs and t-shirts before and after the shows.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:46 PM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeNY View Post
Why does Alizee need to sell out 30,000 seat arenas like what she did before?
I said arenas as in "venues", I don't care if it is a small club, a theatre or the Rose bowl.

Quote:
I think Alizee would sell out these smaller venues in Manhattan. She would make a fortune selling CDs and t-shirts before and after the shows.
Sure, sure. We know she could sell out small venues all over the world and make a fortune in merchandising. Thank god she is just happy the way things are and she still has plenty of money since everybody works for free for her and Sony has her in their catalog just for the fact of including her powerful name in their list, no pressure, sales don't matter, there was not a minimum number of sales set fot her.

Otherwise she would have to go out there and put up with performing in front of her own fans. Could you imagine that? A singer singing in front of her fans! Crazy stuff.

I think OP is posting here with a lot of arrogance and with zero critical view.

Last edited by SpanishFan; 05-20-2013 at 01:48 PM..

Tags
alizee, lack of medicines, popularity, promotion