Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 03-19-2010, 10:16 PM
Lili Loyal

paintballpdh19 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
This seems to be the year for homecomings. First, Beckham made his return to Manchester for the first time. Then Mourinho returned to Chelsea. Now, it looks like Thierry Henry will be making his return to Arsenal.

Arsenal vs Barcelona (rematch of the 2006 final) looks like the marquee matchup of the quarters. Man U vs Bayern (rematch of the 1999 final) should be good too.
yeah these will be good match-ups with the exception of CSK Moscow and inter. inter will rock them in my opinion.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:23 PM
Alizee Fan!

Ali is on a distinguished road

An awesome game!

Just got done watching the Man U vs Bayern game. The last minute goal was just epic! Let's see if they can get at least a draw against Man U next week. I am getting sick and tired of Man U dominating the EPL the past 4 freaking years and making it to the finals that last 2 of the four years in the Champions League. It's about time that they are take down a notch.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for tomorrows game, even though I am die-hard gunners fan, I just don't see them beating Barca. Barca is WAR MACHINE. I mean 6 freaking trophies in ONE season! That is just beyond imaginable. This Barca team is quite possibly the best team in modern time, it's even better than the 1999 Man U team that won the Champions League, Premier League and the FA Cup all in one season. Arsenal has to be focused like a laser beam to beat Barca, their can be no mistakes. They have an enormous mountain to climb. I just think they have a better chance of winning the EPL than the Champions League....
Old 03-30-2010, 06:49 PM

AlphaDevil2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post

Just got done watching the Man U vs Bayern game. The last minute goal was just epic! Let's see if they can get at least a draw against Man U next week. I am getting sick and tired of Man U dominating the EPL the past 4 freaking years and making it to the finals that last 2 of the four years in the Champions League. It's about time that they are take down a notch.
Typical Arsenal supporter

Dominance built on a great club setup (funded by debt! ), a great youth team and a sensational willy manager.

Anyway I'm more concerned about Rooney, England and the world cup
Old 03-31-2010, 03:51 PM

Brent is on a distinguished road

hey i know im not posting in this thread about what im supposed to. but hey mr. alpha devil
Old 04-03-2010, 12:23 PM

AlphaDevil2 is on a distinguished road

*waves* hey Brent

Surprised we haven't heard from Ali, after the great Arsenal comeback! It was a great game to watch, Barcelona were just untouchable in the first half and what an impact sub Theo Walcott was!
Old 04-03-2010, 01:36 PM

Criss_pl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDevil2 View Post
*waves* hey Brent

Surprised we haven't heard from Ali, after the great Arsenal comeback! It was a great game to watch, Barcelona were just untouchable in the first half and what an impact sub Theo Walcott was!

Yes, it was great game. Arsenal was so lucky that they manged 0-0 tie in first half, Barcelona was close to score. And the second goal by Zlatan was just great But thanks to Arsenal second match won't be boring.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:42 PM
Alizee Fan!

An awesome game from Arsenal! I will be honest I didn't expect a 2-2 tie against Barcelona considering what a high powered team Barcelona is, especially after being down 2-0. But let's be serious, we can't except us to beat Barcelona on Tuesday. Man U has a better chance of beating Bayern than we have of going through. I mean seriously, we lost Arshavin, Gallas, and Fabregas ALL in ONE GAME. And when is the last time a team beat Barca at home....can't think of any team at the moment. Realistically, I think we have a better chance of winning the EPL than the Champions League... it may even be better for us to get knocked out so we could focus on the EPL. But I hope that they somehow pulls through, I highly doubt it. If they do that will be just epic to beat a team of that caliber, if they could beat them, Arsenal would go all the way to the final, no doubt about it.

Quote:
Typical Arsenal supporter
No hard feelings mate.
Quote:
Dominance built on a great club setup (funded by debt! ), a great youth team and a sensational willy manager.
I totally agree, I have all the respect for Manchester United. Without a doubt the biggest football club in the EPL, if not the world. It's just that I don't like you guys winning. Great players, and Sir Alex is quite possibly the greatest manager in English football. Even without the firepower of Ronaldo, look how he was able to balance, adjust and reorganize his team to be title contenders. As for the debt, you could just blame it on the Glazers. Man U was debtless when this guy took over and now they are over 700 million pounds in debt. It's clear that he doesn't have any passion or interest in the sport and doesn't know about the great tradition at Man U, he probably can't even name 5 players on the roster,lol. He is just in it for the money. You guys are better of dumping that guy and getting someone who actually knows and loves the beautiful game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, is it just me or is Arsenal cursed? I mean how do you get your best mid-fielder, one of your best strikers and one of your best defenders, all injured in ONE game. That's on top of the injury to Van Persie, our leading striker, who is still out. That's on top of the horrific leg break that happened to Eduardo two years ago and another equally horrific leg break to Aaron Ramsey this year. I mean the list goes on and on. When is the last time Man U, Chlesea, Barca, RM had a players who's leg broke not just once but twice! When is the last time these teams had 3 injuries in a single game. It's like we are playing this game with hands tied behind our back. No matter how hard we try we come up short. Anyways, if Arsenal ever wins the EPL this year, it will be one of the greatest ever comeback, almost rivaling the Invincibles in '04.

**Edit: Man U just lost today to Chelsea which means Chlesea is now on top. Let's see if they can hold on. And Arsenal scored in the 95th minute to get those 3 crucial points. Arsenal are the cardiac kids. Here's hoping Man U and Chelsea dropping points.

Last edited by Ali; 04-03-2010 at 06:58 PM..
Old 04-06-2010, 05:26 PM
Alizee Fan!

The inevitable has happened.......those Barcelona b*tches have gone through. Doesn't come as a surprise, it was a handicap match for Arsenal. There's no way you could win against team like Barca without key players like Persie, Arshavin, Gallas, Fabregas ...even Song was out. I hope Real Madrid hammers Barca this weekend. It will be footballing tragedy if Barcelona wins the Champions League and La Liga. I hate it when a team hogs all the tropies. That's why I go for the underdogs. I mean who is gonna beat them in CL...Inter with their lethargic, slow defenders. Only hope is if Eto puts more goals through than Barcelona, which I don't see happening with Barca's defense. The only team that I could see have a slight chance is Man U but they have to get past Bayern first. Even then I don't see them winning...even with Ronaldo last year they still lost 2-0. Sometimes I wonder what would Barca be without Messi, nothing special. Even Arsenal could have gone through today if Bendtner had put those two goals through.

What is done can't be undone. I hope we just finish strong and win the Premier League.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:24 PM

Brent is on a distinguished road

no, never wish for those crooks in real to do well
Old 04-07-2010, 10:21 PM
euuuhhhhh

Fish is on a distinguished road

What tends to happen when two teams that play open, attacking football meet is the better one wins. Barcelona is the best team in the world.

Its not like they weren't without players... Puyol, Pique (best central defenders), Iniesta, Ibrahimovic were all out for this leg. Besides, Barcelona is the one team that wins everything that isn't evil. Xavi and Messi are actually likable players. This is definitely preferable to having 3 English teams in the semis, even if my team isn't there.