Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 07-25-2022, 05:46 PM

AlphaDevil2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexx89 View Post
Hi there Alpha ! I do remember you from AF. I joined sometime around 2008 I think...Used to post a lot in those days...the good ol'days ! Nice to see you are still around ! I recently had a talk with Jordy on Instagram - sharing some nostalgia and stuff... Too bad I can't get in touch with many of the others... Used to talk a lot with Orion about photography but since AF closed I no longer have any way to contact him...
hey Alex, I remember you too. Those were good days, I would hang out on AF and IRC and just chat with friends.The likes Giovanni, Jordy (hope he is well), the nameless one, William H (who was a legend and got me a signed vinyl when he saw Alizee in Paris). Then there was the like of Orion, Moco, Brian, Jenny_HRO87 and probably countless others who I have forgotton.

Had a bit of a trip down memory lane and played en concert last night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Hi AlphaDevil2;

I was more a member of this forum but also a member of AF. I had contacted the gentleman who had the files of AF after it closed down to see if I could buy them because there was a lot of history there, but he wasn't interested.

I hope all is going well with you!
Yep I remember you Scruffydog, and I also remember the efforts you went to try and keep AF running.

You mean you tried to get the files off Riccardo, the old owner?

Yep there was a lot of history there that just vanished. My English version of Homer's Alizee Chronology was on there. There are old versions of it but not the latest version I had done which was on there and a dead HDD
Old 07-26-2022, 12:15 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDevil2 View Post
hey Alex, I remember you too. Those were good days, I would hang out on AF and IRC and just chat with friends.The likes Giovanni, Jordy (hope he is well), the nameless one, William H (who was a legend and got me a signed vinyl when he saw Alizee in Paris). Then there was the like of Orion, Moco, Brian, Jenny_HRO87 and probably countless others who I have forgotton.

Had a bit of a trip down memory lane and played en concert last night

Yep I remember you Scruffydog, and I also remember the efforts you went to try and keep AF running.

You mean you tried to get the files off Riccardo, the old owner? I believe he is still active on FB.

Yep there was a lot of history there that just vanished. My English version of Homer's Alizee Chronology was on there. There are old versions of it but not the latest version I had done which was on there and a dead HDD
Yes I tried to get the files from Riccardo if I had the name right. I wonder if he still has them?
Old 12-03-2022, 11:33 PM

Marshal Davout is on a distinguished road
Default I think I would like to do this

I think I would like to do this Brad; but being secretive most of my stuff will be evasive ( for a new wrinkle in introduce yourself !) I have had many roles in life; but currently I am a budding writer you would say ! I am responsible for many of the Fairy Fables and stories on Alizee America. I have one Phamplet published on Amazon; but although I think it is Brilliant; it doesn't sell in hard copy ! Everyone reads me on like kindle, but nobody buys the D--- book !
I am currently writing a book I will tie into Alizee; but am having writer's block on the big chase and fight scenes. I have the opening and ending. When I get it done I will only put it out on Hard Copy ( not Kindle ). What I really need is a Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, or Laird of the Rings ! [ so everybody will think I am a Genius ! Ha! ] If you like Ninja; you should read Erich Von Lustbader "The Ninja"
Old 12-06-2022, 12:29 AM

Marshal Davout is on a distinguished road
Default In Backtracking on this thread i stumble across Le Moins

Le Moins. An Angel comes down from Heaven; on her Day Off, and Frees all of the Animals in a Lab. Inspector Reynaud of the Sirte is called. You have Video, of course ! ? Yes the director of the lab says; but it suddenly went all Static at 3 AM , when the guards fell into a deep sleep and all we got is a woman singing ?
Reynaud is suspicious. The woman is Not Alizee is she ? No the Director said; I don't think I've ever heard anyone sing like the woman on the tape ! I will look for tire tracks, Reynaud said ! we already looked , there are none. It seems they just came in and let the animals go ? Hm, Animal rights Demonstrators; said Reynaud ! I will roust the Usual Suspects ! And I will take the tape to analyze it. ( I get carried away again with a story )

The Cat suddenly found she could speak; so she said "Have Mercy ! Do not hurt me any more !" And the Angel said You All shall have Mercy ! And the Cat and all the animals said "Thank Heavens ! ' And the Angel said it is Thank Heaven ! Then the Angel said Do not move for a couple minutes; while I Spin and take all these instruments off of you and Heal You ! And She did ! But the Cat said " I am not Healed , Angel ?" And the Angel said I want to Heal you personally; since it is Ages since I have held a Kitty ! And she picked the Cat up and Healed Her ! And the Cat said "This Feeling is Delightful; of Peace and Goodness; I don't think I have ever felt this Good ! And the Angel said You have been touched by Heaven ! "Are their Animals in Heaven ?"; asked the Cat. Of Course; said the Angel all things created with a Soul can go to Heaven ! What is your name, Angel ? said the Cat. I am a Seraphim Angel; so my name must remain Secret for a Time and a Time; said the Angel. We will meet again in Heaven and then you will know it ! And then the Angel led them all out of the building to Freedom !

Last edited by Marshal Davout; 12-07-2022 at 08:31 PM.. Reason: To Add a Title Ha ! and more details
Old 04-08-2023, 05:11 PM

Rudeboy is on a distinguished road

Greetings fellow Alizée fans!

My name is Luke, I am from Slovakia and I wanted to introduce myself to the other active members of this forum. I discovered Alizée just recently in february this year and I have been captivated by her music, performances, and unique style ever since. Not only do I love her music but also appreciate her as a person. You rarely see someone with so much humility, kindness and interesting personality as her. I'm excited to connect with fellow fans who share the same passion.

However, I can't help but feel I am a little bit late to the party, since her last album released when I was 11, and i found about her just now! I guess better late than never, eh?

Does anyone think We will be fortunate enough to witness a release of another album? I know it seems very unlikely, but who knows, maybe when Maggy grows up. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Warmest regards,
Luke
Old 04-08-2023, 08:49 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboy View Post

My name is Luke, I am from Slovakia and I wanted to introduce myself to the other active members of this forum. I discovered Alizée just recently in february this year and I have been captivated by her music, performances, and unique style ever since. Not only do I love her music but also appreciate her as a person. You rarely see someone with so much humility, kindness and interesting personality as her. I'm excited to connect with fellow fans who share the same passion.

However, I can't help but feel I am a little bit late to the party, since her last album released when I was 11, and i found about her just now! I guess better late than never, eh?

Does anyone think We will be fortunate enough to witness a release of another album? I know it seems very unlikely, but who knows, maybe when Maggy grows up. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Warmest regards,
Luke
It’s great to meet you, Luke! I’m glad you’re here, and very glad you have discovered Alizée and this forum!
Old 04-10-2023, 07:14 AM

Rudeboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
It’s great to meet you, Luke! I’m glad you’re here, and very glad you have discovered Alizée and this forum!
Thank you Bamagirl, I am so glad as well I stumbled upon her.
Old 04-10-2023, 08:30 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Warmest regards,
Luke
Welcome aboard Luke!

I think it's never too late to discover Alizee. It is very easy to get captivated by her charms.

Four or five years ago, Alizee changed her Instagram profile to include the word "singer" and posted an email address for booking engagements. That inspired us to hope that maybe an album was somewhere in her near future. She tested the waters with a few singing engagements, made some TV appearances singing her old songs and looked to have reconciled with Mylene, so there was reason to hope.

I think the arrival of Maggy changed her priorities and at this point the chances of another album are very slim. She still has a big fan base but has not cultivated her relationship with her fans the way she should if she has an album in the works or at least on her mind. I had decided long ago that even in Blonde is her last album, I would be OK with that. I am just thankful that I am alive at the same time as her and have had the chance to enjoy what she has produced.
Old 04-10-2023, 09:17 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshal Davout View Post
I think I would like to do this Brad; but being secretive most of my stuff will be evasive ( for a new wrinkle in introduce yourself !) I have had many roles in life; but currently I am a budding writer you would say ! I am responsible for many of the Fairy Fables and stories on Alizee America. I have one Phamplet published on Amazon; but although I think it is Brilliant; it doesn't sell in hard copy ! Everyone reads me on like kindle, but nobody buys the D--- book !
I am currently writing a book I will tie into Alizee; but am having writer's block on the big chase and fight scenes. I have the opening and ending. When I get it done I will only put it out on Hard Copy ( not Kindle ). What I really need is a Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, or Laird of the Rings ! [ so everybody will think I am a Genius ! Ha! ] If you like Ninja; you should read Erich Von Lustbader "The Ninja"
I feel your work related to Alizée would have done much better if it came along when she was at the height of her career.

Quote:

Warmest regards,
Luke
Welcome to the forum Luke.

I discovered her in 2007 and I've been blessed in that I work for an airline and have been able to see her on several occasions since. Still I kick myself because if I had known about her back in 2000, I could've easily seen her in what I consider the golden years. Still I'm very thankful for at least finding out about her.

As far as a new album, the hopes are slim. I think the biggest chance of one lies in what happens with Mylene Farmer. She's having a tour this year which many think is a farewell tour. If she retires from the stage, will she still continue to write music and if she does, for whom? I think Julia's career has been a disappointment so far so why not write for Alizée? Again, maybe it's a very slim hope but one I think not totally out of the realm of possibility.
Old 06-16-2023, 05:25 AM

Alizée 4K is on a distinguished road

[edit] Removed because I was asked to give less personal information online by my work. Sorry!

Last edited by Alizée 4K; 11-27-2023 at 07:30 AM.. Reason: Minor typos and clarity

Tags
alizée gifs