Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 12:19 PM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road
Exclamation [2010-03-29] Scruffydog Updates from AAm Autograph Session

ORIGINAL POST HERE: http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...&postcount=259

Well I left for the airport Saturday around 3pm. It felt like I was driving above the road, not on it. A very surreal feeling. Couldn't believe I was on my way to Paris for a private meeting with Alizee. As you know, I'm an airline employee. When we travel, it's on a standby basis. If the planes full you dont fly. Well Air France has a way of checking how full their flights are that I didn't really trust. It showed the flight as being green, which is a good thing. Well I walked up to their ticket counter and the ticket agent said the flight was full. My heart sank. Couldn't believe it but I should have expected it because saturday is one of the worst days to fly on a standby basis. I was worried sick. I still had another day to get over there, but if a plane the next day had to cancel at the last moment, I'd be screwed because most trips for Paris leave around the same time. So you have to sit and wait in a case like this, wait and hope someone doesn't show up and as luck turns out, I made it. What an enormous sense of relief.

I arrived in Paris and reached my hotel a little after 9am. I headed for the Arc de triomphe, because I had never been to the top before. I went right past the Virgin record store around 9:45 and they were still closed, so I did some touring. Arc de triomphe, Hotel de Ville (city hall) where Alizee performed J'ai pas vingt ans during the 100th running of the Tour de France, Notre Dame, the Latin quarter where the University of Paris is, and a few other places. I stopped by a small record store near the Pompidou center which Roman introduced me to a couple of years ago that usually stocks some Alizee stuff, but they were closed as is the case with several businesses here on Sunday. They had a copy of an Alizee 50 60 rimex record in the window which means I'm sure they'll have some more of her stuff when I go back tomorrow.

The day here has been overcast with several periods of drizzle. Hopefully tomorrow it will be better, but it really doesn't matter. All that's going to matter is what's going on inside the Virgin record store.

I think I mentioned if not in the forum, at least to Ben, that my co-worker who cancelled out, before he found out about this private session and then re-instated himself afterwards, is trying to make it over. I probably should have told this guy to take a hike, but the thing is, having him there will mean an awful lot to me. It will give me a feeling of security, of confidence that otherwise I wouldn't have. A lot of the younger members here might think something like Alizee comes along on a regualar basis, but I can assure you that is not the case. She is something that happens only once in a lifetime if even that often, and to meet someone who has brought so much happiness, so much enjoyment on such a close basis is going to very tough emotionally. My co-workers, my family, I'm sure think there's something wrong with me, They see the skimpy outfits of the early years and think that's the big attraction. They don't have a clue. They cant understand that I love her for her voice, for the way she dances, for her physical beauty and for something that which anyone else has found out about her that has given her a chance and that is her tremendous inner beauty. So I hope he can make it. It will be a very emotional moment. I just hope nothing and no one else screws it up

I tried to upload some picture to image shack so I could post them here but they keep timing out.

P. s. Please let Jalen know he's in.

I made a new thread... Pretty important stuff if you ask me... Just thought it deserved its own thread - MODS - if not, please move/erase or do whatever you think is appropriate!

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 03-28-2010, 01:01 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Ed, a very good idea!

And Scruffy, you're doing great and we are all with you in spirit.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:06 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Yay!!! Scruff is definitely the most important man in the world right now so yes he should deserve his own thread haha. Hopefully all will go well with him
Old 03-28-2010, 01:13 PM

Fenris is on a distinguished road

Scruffy, don't worry too much, i'm sure everything will work out fine!

And yes, it will be a great and emotional moment, it would be for the big majority of us i guess.
Just try not to be too mesmerized by her smile and beauty!

Old 03-28-2010, 01:15 PM

dudefot1 is on a distinguished road

Awesome! Good luck over there Scruffy!
Old 03-28-2010, 01:21 PM

jmaca is on a distinguished road

Rock it bro, this is a chance of a lifetime!
Old 03-28-2010, 01:27 PM

davmuz is on a distinguished road
Default alizee arc du triomphe

go - your co-worker doesn't have a depth of vision, alizee's not that confident sometimes
Old 03-28-2010, 01:33 PM
Lili Loyal

paintballpdh19 is on a distinguished road

enjoy every moment scruff....

Last edited by paintballpdh19; 03-28-2010 at 04:33 PM..
Old 03-28-2010, 01:40 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Alizée may be as nervous about this meeting as you are Scruffy. I think you're both going to do just fine. And anyways, she is a pro at this kind of thing. I think she'll know just what to do to put you more at ease. You're in good hands. Enjoy it !
Old 03-28-2010, 01:51 PM

MYGOGT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Alizée may be as nervous about this meeting as you are Scruffy. I think you're both going to do just fine. And anyways, she is a pro at this kind of thing. I think she'll know just what to do to put you more at ease. You're in good hands. Enjoy it !
Yeah, she is probably trying to figure out what to wear now that she is meeting with an Ambassador. Glad to hear you made it.