Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 02-07-2011, 11:58 PM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road

In the inimitable words of the immortal Lefty:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
If this rumor is true, I have mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, I would be very happy to know Alizée is planning to do another album. One the other hand, 2 years is a long time to wait. It definitely shouldn't have to take nearly that long and I wonder how she can already know that it will. Which does lead one to wonder if the reason is that she's planning on having another baby. If she's going to do it, I don't think she can put it off much longer.

I'm not surprised that she may be ending her Institubes relationship, as well as no EP or concerts. Maybe she will work with Jeremy again. Either way, I guess we will have to just wait and see if something more official comes out about this.

Sorry Lefty, this time I can only agree with you 98.6%. (But you're still batting over .999 overall)

You (and others who've pointed this out) are absolutely correct in saying that two years IS a long time to wait. I'd even say it's TOO long. When you add on the 10 months since UEDS, that means nearly three years between records? In the real, actual, working music business, that only should happen if you're as successful and unambitious as Pink Floyd was in the mid-seventies.

Lefty, I agree with you again about her parting with Institubes. No surprise there. It was no longer to be. A shame about the EP, tho. And I also agree that it might be nice if she worked with Jérémy again, but I don't foresee it anytime soon.

Here's where I would differ with Lefty: "...[maybe] she's planning on having another baby." He brings up a good point - maybe in fact they are planning on procreating again. Yikes! What a time-wasting development that would be! If they go and have another kid and go on wanting to be such nice parents all the time, dammit, we could be waiting an additional 5 - 10 years for the new album! Unacceptable!

But my main variance with Lefty is in this: "If she's going to do it, I don't think she can put it off much longer." Actually she could wait ten, fifteen, even twenty more years before spawning season is over! So they CAN'T go off having another kid NOW!
I WANNA SEE THIS ALBUM DROP FIRST !!!!!

ok, sorry. um
Old 02-08-2011, 12:48 AM
Super Moderator

Mon Maquis is on a distinguished road

Something must of happened, between now and about 2 weeks ago... I was told there was 5 songs that were going to go on sale on the Alizee store.

Now this...something quickly changed her mind and to know that its late 2012 for a release date...

There is other artists I deal with and both of them don't give release dates so specific like this, but they both said the album will be done when its done....could be sooner or could be later...

The idea of her having another child is a real possibly.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:33 AM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I am just concerned that a 2 year absence may bleed off more people from her fan base, which she really can't afford.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
2 years is way too long. If it takes that long, Alizee will probably lose most of the fans she has left.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
I also feel the same. If it goes like another 2 dead years, then it might be very difficult to many of her fans.
I don't think she should worry about the old fans that much. It's time to make new fans, with new music, if possible. As far as I can tell, most of the old fans want a 16 to 19 year old singing Mylene Farmer pop songs and/or shaking her booty. I think she should ignore those fans, and I think she's done a good job of it so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
.... hopefully she has checked the forums for feedback.
I doubt it. Alizée was probably scared off the forums years ago, unless there is some french-language forum that bans trolls.

Quote:
I think the possibility of a "homecoming" is indicative in itself that she's been listening and she wants to succeed.
I think it means about as much as the report that she was coming out with more songs on her website. Rumors based on nothing. When Lilly posts it herself, then I'll have some hope. Even then, (as we have found out the past couple of years) things can fall apart. She announced plans for Psyche and UEDS concerts that never happened.

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)
Old 02-08-2011, 02:57 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by severianb View Post
I don't think she should worry about the old fans that much. It's time to make new fans, with new music, if possible. As far as I can tell, most of the old fans want a 16 to 19 year old singing Mylene Farmer pop songs and/or shaking her booty. I think she should ignore those fans, and I think she's done a good job of it so far.
While I don't agree that she should ignore any fans that stay fans, I do agree that she should concentrate on seeking new ones, and that those who want the old Alizée back and will not settle for anything else have a basic incompatibility with where she wants to go.

Quote:
I doubt it. Alizée was probably scared off the forums years ago, unless there is some french-language forum that bans trolls.
Definitely not the case. Give you a concrete piece of evidence: the T-shirt design that says "Doctor A." Where did she get that idea?

Here. From the "Doctor Alizée" thread. I'll guarantee you. It tickled her sense of humor and she said "Pourquoi pas?"

Quote:
I think it means about as much as the report that she was coming out with more songs on her website. Rumors based on nothing. When Lilly posts it herself, then I'll have some hope.
And finally, I agree with this as well. We have nothing official yet at all.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 02-08-2011, 05:35 AM

MickyMicky is on a distinguished road

I would hope she is thinking about making a new album...

I think she either needs a new direction or to go with something close to what worked for her in the past, I would love for something similar to Psychédélices or even something like Mes Courants Électriques

I just dislike the fact there is so much freking rubbish out there these days... I guess most feel the same way I do, we just want our Lili back in some shape or form.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:51 AM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

Well she does have a hair style that looks like a cross between MCE and Psych....

Old 02-08-2011, 07:37 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Definitely not the case. Give you a concrete piece of evidence: the T-shirt design that says "Doctor A." Where did she get that idea?

Here. From the "Doctor Alizée" thread. I'll guarantee you. It tickled her sense of humor and she said "Pourquoi pas?"

Regards,

Jung

Old 02-08-2011, 04:06 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
While I don't agree that she should ignore any fans that stay fans, I do agree that she should concentrate on seeking new ones, and that those who want the old Alizée back and will not settle for anything else have a basic incompatibility with where she wants to go.
If her next album is a great album, she wont need any of her old fans, but if it's not that great she might need all the support she can get.

Well where she wants to go has led her to two cancelled concerts and an album that was called a flop. She needs to figure out what ever fan base she decides to target wants from her and hopefully she can reach a happy median.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:18 PM

Fenris is on a distinguished road

This whole development is strange. Why cancel the EP?
Something serious must have happened.
And a new album in 2 years? 2 Years are an eternity in our fastmoving time.

Baby? Would make sense...career is at an all time low anyway, so it's now or never.

There won't be much left of a community after 2 further years of silence...but then, it's already too small to keep her afloat financially, so what, she might be thinking.

Old 02-08-2011, 04:22 PM
Big Boss :P

Tapetor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
If her next album is a great album, she wont need any of her old fans, but if it's not that great she might need all the support she can get.
That's right.

Quote:
She needs to figure out what ever fan base she decides to target wants from her and hopefully she can reach a happy median.
Correct!

I think that she has lost most of her old fans during the waiting for her last album. I would say that she needs all fans she still has and those which will come with the new album. Let's hope that the new one will be great for all of us

Tags
judgement day will happen, sooner, the leak is inminent, yep.still waiting...