Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-22-2011, 06:29 PM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Sorry, but I have to write this in a rush.

I quickly read what has been posted so far and I am not sure most people follow what it is that the OP claims to reveal.

The point is not that Alizée played the Lolita part knowingly. The point is that Alizée played the part of the young naive singer when she was not. This means that Alizée was aware of the whole sexual content, but she agreed to make it look like she didn’t know what it was all about. This also means that on stage and in interviews, she played that game, or if you will, she acted being naïve. One has to reflect on this to understand the meaning of the OP.

More to come...

Quote:
Originally Posted by severianb View Post
First thought: You probably have no idea what a valuable new member you are. Not only do you have great insight, your mastery of French and English is a rare skill.
This is a very nice compliment, sev... but I would certainly not describe myself as a person who masters either French or English... and I would say you are yourself quite an important contributor to this forum.

Last edited by Corsaire; 01-22-2011 at 06:32 PM..
Old 01-22-2011, 07:21 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

If she says it was all an act, I'm sure it was. I mean, I'd say of course she knew what she was singing/saying in her early songs. Not long after becoming a fan, I finally decided to look up the lyrics to the songs that I found to be so catchy and addictive. From the english translations, without much effort or thought, I found phrases and things that seemed to have or had the potential to hold a deeper, sexual meaning. And that was before seeing or hearing of other people's analysis and opinion on the meanings of her songs. I found it quite intriguing and was caught a little bit off guard by this, so that's when I looked around for other people's interpretations of her song meanings and found people had come to very similar conclusions to that of what I had found. Some may argue that she was young and thrown into fame, but I still think she would have known a lot of the little things going on around her and what she was doing. As the singer and performer, someone who should know the songs inside and out, or at least very well, I'm sure she would have seen or at least noticed the possibilities of there being a deeper, sexual meaning to some of her songs. I guess I just find it a little hard to believe that she could be so naive to completely overlook all of those things.

However, (a little more off topic...) even if the songs were originally created with those sexual meanings as the true/original meaning of the songs, I still believe people can find what they want in them and choose for themselves. I believe that just about all music is open to interpretation, as it is an art form. What I feel from a song may be different than what another feels. What I believe a song means or what it means to me may very well be different than another. While listening to J'en ai marre, I choose to listen to it as my elementary interpretation of it being about a person who is fed up and just wants to settle down at the end of a stressful day. As funny as it is, I'd just rather not rock out to a song about a chick finger bangin' in the tub. Lol
Old 01-22-2011, 07:41 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
First thought: You probably have no idea what a valuable new member you are. Not only do you have great insight, your mastery of French and English is a rare skill.
I second that, plus we're primarily an English speaking forum, though we do have some valuable French speaking assets such as BigDan and to have another one is such a great thing for this forum. A lot ot times we have to wait for some one else's interpretation of what Alizee has said in an interveiw or what ever. Now we have some one else who seems eager to post here and having someone who may have a different slant on things means a lot to us.

Plus there are times when things really slow down in this forum, such as just before Corsaire joined. We get so little news from month to month, so little communication, so we think of anything we can to keep going, her hair, her nose, etc. He has pumped some much needed vitality into this forum that it desperately needed.

As far as the original OP.
I've always kind of pictured Alizée as being some what naive. Thinking maybe she didn't fully understand the true meaning of some her songs. I think she knew she was being portrayed as a sexy young girl, and early in her career, I would say she was very cute, she had not blossomed into that incredibly beautiful young woman we saw in JAM, so not being that beautiful yet, she enjoyed being portrayed as a very sexy young lady. But I myself did not think she fully understood the lyrics of her songs and from what this thread's op is stating, it's saying she did.

So that comes as news to me. I've said many times I've always though of her as a classy young lady, but from images I've seen of her off stage, she's at times looked kind of rebelious to me and sometimes kind of punkish, so I really had no idea what the true Alizée was like and it's enlightening I guess is the best word for it, that she knew what it all meant from the begining.

But I don't feel decieved. She was just role playing, and if she wasn't as unknowing in the begining as we thought she was, should we really be surprised by that in today's society?

Just one other off topic comment or maybe it's not so off topic. There are different opinions in the translations of Moi Lolita, and I'd like to get Corsaire's opinion on it.

EDIT: As much as Alizee might have known, I still don't think she knew about the big red shoe.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 01-22-2011 at 08:07 PM..
Old 01-22-2011, 10:44 PM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
So that comes as news to me. I've said many times I've always though of her as a classy young lady, but from images I've seen of her off stage, she's at times looked kind of rebelious to me and sometimes kind of punkish, so I really had no idea what the true Alizée was like and it's enlightening I guess is the best word for it, that she knew what it all meant from the begining. EDIT: As much as Alizee might have known, I still don't think she knew about the big red shoe.
Agreed. She played the role on stage. Innocent, sexy, angelic... whatever was needed. And you know what, I'm sure she was/is those things in real life, but she was other things too. She was a teenager just trying to figure out what's the hell is going on. (Like we all have and some on here still are) She was a working-class kid trying to keep her feet on the ground..etc. etc. That's one of the wonderful things about people, they have many facets.
I think we got a glimpse of what she was really going through visually with the whole Lilly-mullet, piercings and tats in 2004. She was letting loose whatever the "real" Alizée was at that moment. And it wasn't a sweet innocent Lolita.

Ok, I have no idea about this big red shoe. Please send me a PM about it. I is dumb.

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)
Old 01-22-2011, 10:59 PM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Ok, I have no idea about this big red shoe. Please send me a PM about it. I is dumb.
Or post it here. I want to hear about this shoe theory.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:31 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
The point is not that Alizée played the Lolita part knowingly. The point is that Alizée played the part of the young naive singer when she was not. This means that Alizée was aware of the whole sexual content, but she agreed to make it look like she didn’t know what it was all about. This also means that on stage and in interviews, she played that game, or if you will, she acted being naïve. One has to reflect on this to understand the meaning of the OP.
Ah, now I understand. You mean that Her Grace was more worldly, less naive, less innocent (except I hate that word used as a synonym for "ignorant"!) than some might think. Agreed. Again that comes as no surprise to me, but I can see where it might to some.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 01-23-2011, 12:24 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

I still don't get the inference or what difference it makes whether Alizee was aware of the levels of meaning of Lolita or the image was or is. Asside from some typical teenage rebelliousness Alizee's life decisions, how she carries herself, a mother, a wife, a daughter is much more impressive than any role she played, has played or will play. She didn't write the songs and so I assume she probably wasn't aware of all of the nuances of all of the lyrics and if she did I wouldn't be surprised. I believe that although Alizee is truly a sweet deliberate classy young woman, she is very intelligent and a quick study. By the way all musicians put on an act. That is why they call them performers.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:27 AM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I don't see why it would alter anyone's perception of her.

All performers play a role in some way, most of the glamorous, controversial stars we see in the media today are normal people in real life. Regarding why she would play this role when it's not her real personality, well, Alizee received a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, to pursue her passion and be adored by millions. Wouldn't any young girl take that opportunity?

Besides, it's fun to be a tease.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée

Last edited by Azhiri; 01-23-2011 at 12:43 AM..
Old 01-23-2011, 12:37 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
Besides, Alizee is an intelligent girl and it wouldn't have been hard for her to put two and two together.
See and that's why I think she knew what was behind these songs too. Remember guys, she went through the sexually vibrant teenage years just like all of us; and since she went to school, she could probably find the deeper meaning behind stories and be able to think critically. And that's why I think she knew.

And yeah ScruffyDog, I totally agree on your point regarding Corsaire's valuable skill of being able to interpret and translate in both French and English. Corsaire, you do indeed have valuable points and thanks for posting all these viewpoints because it opens up people to have deeper discussions which I really enjoy thanks.

Edit:

And man this thread took me a while to read haha

Last edited by User22; 01-23-2011 at 12:37 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 01-23-2011, 02:41 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelepew View Post
I still don't get the inference or what difference it makes whether Alizee was aware of the levels of meaning of Lolita or the image was or is. Asside from some typical teenage rebelliousness Alizee's life decisions, how she carries herself, a mother, a wife, a daughter is much more impressive than any role she played, has played or will play. She didn't write the songs and so I assume she probably wasn't aware of all of the nuances of all of the lyrics and if she did I wouldn't be surprised. I believe that although Alizee is truly a sweet deliberate classy young woman, she is very intelligent and a quick study. By the way all musicians put on an act. That is why they call them performers.

I believe she knew about many but not all the potential double meanings in her songs. I do believe that some of the cruder ones did initially escape her and that she learned about or figured those out later.

She is a classy young woman, but she was raised in a very down-to-earth way. She is a princess, but was not raised as one.