Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News > UEdS Media

Old 01-08-2010, 01:40 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaz View Post
two names comes to mind when i read this and that is mot and ayan...
Um.. who is Mot and Ayan? Motayan?

Old 01-08-2010, 01:52 PM
Hypebeast

Plaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Um.. who is Mot and Ayan? Motayan?
old fans from the alizée universe....who fell in love and now cant stand the sight of her... both still good guys.... but they were once madly in love with her...

---------------------------------------------------

Old 01-08-2010, 03:36 PM

Fenris is on a distinguished road

Quote:
old fans from the alizée universe....who fell in love and now cant stand the sight of her... both still good guys.... but they were once madly in love with her...
That's always the danger when you overdo fandom...you end up expecting more of her than she is willing to give. Disappointment and resentment may follow.

Just try to keep it reasonable...but oh my, i guess some people just fall in love and can't help it nor control it...that's the thing about strong emotions.

Old 01-08-2010, 04:09 PM

Alex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
That's always the danger when you overdo fandom...you end up expecting more of her than she is willing to give. Disappointment and resentment may follow.

Just try to keep it reasonable...but oh my, i guess some people just fall in love and can't help it nor control it...that's the thing about strong emotions.
I agree with Fenris one as a fan has to keep it reasonable for it could later lead to dissapointment, and we have seen many fans registering and being members for a while but then leaving dissapointed with the past album or works. Also we have to be very careful and control the emotions we feel towards her beacuase we clearly see the consequences as Plaz mentioned above and we could loose control of such emotions.

I believe this quote fits properly the fear in this case could be for some the emotions we show towards her, some really high hopes for the upcoming album, wanting to see an Alizee going back to the MF LB era and so on....

"Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering."-Yoda
Old 01-08-2010, 04:19 PM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris View Post

I understand the fans that bought concert tickets, spent money on travel plans on cancelled concerts being somewhat pissed. Even in this scenario when you break it down was it intentional or circumstances on
Alizee's part. Expectations even or especially regarding Alizee is a planned disappointment. I know as a fan wanting full success for Alizee it is very difficult to keep everything in perspective and not get disappointed. Thinking you are in love with someone you never met that is married and have a superficial understanding of the person at best is a fantastic self delusion. It is really a case of falling in lust sprinkled with genuine admiration of Alizee the person, personality and obvious charisma. True love is unconditional. The closest we humans will ever experience this is the love of a pet like a dog. They love us no matter what lol.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:27 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelepew View Post
I understand the fans that bought concert tickets, spent money on travel plans on cancelled concerts being somewhat pissed. Even in this scenario when you break it down was it intentional or circumstances on
Alizee's part. Expectations even or especially regarding Alizee is a planned disappointment. I know as a fan wanting full success for Alizee it is very difficult to keep everything in perspective and not get disappointed. Thinking you are in love with someone you never met that is married and have a superficial understanding of the person at best is a fantastic self delusion. It is really a case of falling in lust sprinkled with genuine admiration of Alizee the person, personality and obvious charisma. True love is unconditional. The closest we humans will ever experience this is the love of a pet like a dog. They love us no matter what lol.
...that was some deep stuff there.

Old 01-08-2010, 07:11 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Uh, yeah. Anyway, Jean Fauque is not involved. I'm pretty sure she said she was talking to someone else when they decided to do the concept album.
Do you mean in this interview? This part?

Quote:
I met Maripol through Mylène, and she gave me some bracelets that Madonna used to wear. I then met Jean Fauque. It wasn't until much later that I learned that they were brother and sister! They came to dinner one evening at my place, where Jean told us some of his anecdotes, and I understood that "Fifty Sixty" was about these people from New York City. I liked the theme and the lyrics, so we said, why not make an album around Edie Sedgwick, from the Warholian universe?
Sounds like the idea came about during a dinner with Jean and his sister. That's why I wonder if he's involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
The interview was for an hour and a half or an hour I think; so, they probably did more stuff, but didn't use all of it.
Yeah, Sabatier lists some of the songs cut for space in his interview with http://justalizee.com:

Quote:
"Variété Française" de Jeremy Chatelain… Et "People Have the Power" de Patti Smith, "Smells Like Teen Spirit" de Nirvana : d'autres tubes… Qu'elle connaissait aussi.
Some other interesting stuff there, check it out: http://alizeegourmandises.free.fr/technikart.htm.

He talks more about the cover shoot. One thing no one's mentioned here was that it was designed fit the theme of the whole issue ("mainstream music"), not just Alizée. Like a Virgin was Sabatier's first choice, but he also liked the idea of doing Michael Jackson's Off the Wall ("l'idée de voir une jeune fille blanche reprendre la pose d'un homme noir me semblait assez provocante et facétieuse").

In other news, the issue is sold out on Journaux. Guess that's good, though hope I got enough for everybody.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:41 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

For those interested, www.Justalizee.com interviewed Benoît Sabatier, editor of the special issue with Alizée of Technikart. They asked him about the interview with Alizée.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:03 PM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

Thank you to everyone for the thoughts and translations.
So far, this thread has been a terrific read for me.
Stephen
Old 01-09-2010, 12:59 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy yep...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
I agree with Fenris one as a fan has to keep it reasonable for it could later lead to dissapointment, and we have seen many fans registering and being members for a while but then leaving dissapointed with the past album or works. Also we have to be very careful and control the emotions we feel towards her beacuase we clearly see the consequences as Plaz mentioned above and we could loose control of such emotions.

I believe this quote fits properly the fear in this case could be for some the emotions we show towards her, some really high hopes for the upcoming album, wanting to see an Alizee going back to the MF LB era and so on....
I'm so scared this will happen to me cuz im crazy about her but I can somewhat control these strong emotions. But with this new album I dunno....any tips to stay hooked on her???haha...but seriously