Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-15-2012, 05:02 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
My solution to this predicament...

Let's branch off and make an AnnilyAmerica.com forum!!! Just like TDA said, hop on the bandwagon while you can !

Old 01-15-2012, 05:49 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
My solution to this predicament...

Let's branch off and make an AnnilyAmerica.com forum!!! Just like TDA said, hop on the bandwagon while you can !
Better register it now before it gets taken!
Old 01-15-2012, 05:50 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

This really a complex thread in my opinion. What exactly are we talking about changing, the type of music, her dancing, her appearence?

The main thing in her performances that has set her far apart from any other singer I've known in my many years, is her physical beauty, her inner beauty, the beauty of her dancing; the beauty of her voice, the beauty of the music and lyrics, and the beauty of the language. All are factors. So each time you take something away from any of those them, it brings her performances down to a level of so many other singers.

The beauty of the person inside will never change. There are so many things that we've seen over the years that show this. With so many celebrities, their true character will eventually show up and there will be someone to tell about the dirt and with Alizee, there is no dirt.

As far as the dancing; the jam and jpva days are gone, but she is still a very gifted dancer and it was awesome to see her dance in last years Les Enfoires with dances like the one in the Medley where she was wearing the maid's outfit or during the song "un monde parfait". She looked so great during these performances. She doesn't have to grind her hips or wear revealing outfits to look great when she's dancing.

As far as her physical beauty. It's not really necessary for her to have it to have success with her next album. The music will determine that, but it is another thing that set her apart from so many other singers, and I feel each time she adds a noticeable tatoo, it takes quite a bit away from that asset. Going back to the "un monde parfait"; I love watching this performance, but I wince when that tatoo shows up on her arm. Recently there's been talk that she might turn blond. She might look great as a blond. But I think she looks so incredibly beautiful with her natural hair color or at least a close second as a brunette, that I'd hate to see her change.

Again, as far as her physical beauty, what a sweet, loving gesture to have a tatoo of Annily put on her arm and the name of her husband in hebrew tatood on the other wrist. But can having a tatoo of your daughter being on your arm really make up for the difference when you're away from her? In her eyes, it could very well be, in which case, it's probably well worth the hit to her beauty and in my eyes it is a hit on her beauty. Then there is the tatoo on her back. I think this meant a lot to her and though I don't like it, it's not that much of a factor, because you don't see it that much in her performances.

I don't really think these tatoos will harm her music career, but if she hopes to maybe branch out into other areas of show business, such as the rumor that she might be on the show, the view, I think they could be a hinderance. I think these shows would rather have some one with her original natural beauty, rather than a tatoo lady; of which there are probably plenty of in the Paris area.

The main point is the beauty of the music and the lyrics and to me, there is only one song that has come close to so many of the songs of her first 2 albums and that is PLP and judging from the popularity of the last 2 albums in France, I am not alone in that boat. As I've said many times before, MF and LB are just 2 incredibly talented people and they were a perfect fit for Alizee. I think these 3 people are as true a "dream team" as there ever was one. Finding suitable replacements has been a tall order that's been almost impossible for her to fill to date.

As far as the French language. She has some songs in English that I love, but I think it's her French songs that have a special beauty to them, but I'm sure she'll feature songs in both languages.

So in summing up; can her new album reach the level of success as her first 2 albums. I think they can come very close. As far as being a commercial success, all that is required is good songs. As far it reaching the same "specialness" as so many songs on her first 2 albums did; it will take some "great" songs, plus some well choreographed dances and hopefully some outfits that will cover up those tatoos.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:16 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
This really a complex thread in my opinion. What exactly are we talking about changing, the type of music, her dancing, her appearence?

So in summing up; can her new album reach the level of success as her first 2 albums. I think they can come very close. As far as being a commercial success, all that is required is good songs. As far it reaching the same "specialness" as so many songs on her first 2 albums did; it will take some "great" songs, plus some well choreographed dances and hopefully some outfits that will cover up those tatoos.
First off, good post.

However, I think if we were to put ourselves in Alizée's shoes, we would find that she is living her life with the love's of her life. her husband and daughter. And, like you said, she is willing to take a toll on her own beauty to reflect on the important aspects of her life by applying tattoo's to her body. To me, that shows me her character and how deep her emotions run with family and love. She puts the close people in her life before herself and her career. One of the things we have all loved about Alizée all along is her heart and if you look at it this way, she is proving how big her heart really is.

We can all probably agree that Alizée is very smart and not naive to the fact that she may be hindering forward progress with her career and limiting her success by making some physical changes with her appearances and adding the tattoos. I highly doubt that she took it lightly to add them and that she thought about what they meant to her.

I think Alizée will always be a beautiful person with a big heart and anyone would be lucky to know her like her close friends and family know her because she is obviously a very caring person and does not let fame or wealth get the best of her. It is seldom these days where you find successful people who are willing to demonstrate their love for another to the extent of putting their love for them above their career. And I think Alizée's way of doing that is through her artistic expression.

With that said, I am still on board with Alizée's performance and music no matter what her life decisions are. She is aware that her success may go through changes and may not be as great as before because more of her personal expressions are out now and there is less left to the imagination of her fans. She may appeal to fewer fans that share the same less-broader interests, however, what matters to her are her family and her true fans that care about her well being and allow her to live.

Just think, if next week we find out that Alizée likes to walk around the house naked, some of us may love it and some of us may think that it's not right... it may have positive and negative appeals to us and she may either gain or lose fans as more people understand more about Alizée and how she likes to express herself. (I think she would gain more fans by the way).

Conversely, if next week we were to find out that Alizée secretly puts puppies in a blender... I'm pretty sure she would lose a lot of fan appeal and her music and career, and everything will go down hill. Kind of like when everyone found out how crazy Mel Gibson really is when he has his fits.

In summary (and this is by no means directed at anybody here): Some of us need to quit being selfish fans. Alizée gave us what we wanted already, and whether you like where she is going or not, it is where she is going and you are either going to like it or not, but that depends on how well your interests match her interests as she continues to express her interests in a more detailed fashion and leaves less and less to the imagination for her fan base.

Last edited by Taxi Driver Aaron; 01-15-2012 at 06:18 PM..
Old 01-15-2012, 07:10 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi Driver Aaron View Post
Many icon's have changes to their image and the world lives with it... be thankful of Alizée because it could be worse!:

Michael Jackson

Mike Tyson

Britney Spears

Cameron Diaz

Lucky for us... Alizée always looks just as good even when she changes... just like the following ...

Angelina Jolie

Shakira

Not all celebrities can retain their celebrity feel during the changes... but the great ones manage to pull it off... usually it is men like John Travolta, Vin Diesel, and Brad Pitt, though.. rarely women... but Angelina Jolie pulls off hair color changes well and Shakira uses many different types of hair styles and hair colors..
I'm just hoping Alizee doesn't end up like Sinead O'Connor - incredibly beautiful woman with incredibly beautiful voice that just went to waste because of poor choices that she made in her life.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:23 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

I guess I just don't share the antipathy that some of you have to her tattoos. Not that I'd ever get one myself, but if she wants to do that, and obviously she does, well, why not. It might make it difficult for her to act on stage, but honestly in the movies it wouldn't be a problem, the things that can be done with computer graphics these days. (So if my Star Mages trilogy ever gets made into a movie she could still play Dolphin.) (I have a much harder time deciding who would make a good Karla or Jaguar.)

My feeling is that all this sort of consideration is secondary. When she first came out with Psych, she was insecure, uncertain if she could do it. She was out of practice performing. Her first performances showed it; she was just not confident. Then, after the fiasco of the Moscow concert, she seemed to get it back. But the album itself was a smorgasbord, a scatter-shot of different styles, as if she was tossing a variety of stuff out on the waters to see how people reacted to them.

Then UEDS was a shot at creating a really artistic, avante-garde album. It was a great album IMO, and got lots of artistic kudos. But -- it didn't sell well. Too small an audience for music like that, no matter how good it was.

I think that if she produces a hot album with great songs, she'll do well. It has to be an accessible album that large numbers of people can relate to. It should have some strongly danceable music. And when she performs, she should have some good dance routines. (Which she did on the Melle Juliette video, so it's not something confined to the Mylène era.)

Anyway, my loyalty to this lady that saved my art and my sanity years ago is bottomless, so I'm with her no matter what she does now, but most fans are more fickle than that (and that's just the way the world works, and probably the way it should). She needs to find the way to wallop people in the emotions, because most relate to that more than to cerebral stuff. It's really all in the music and the performances.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 01-15-2012, 09:14 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Anyway, my loyalty to this lady that saved my art and my sanity years ago is bottomless, so I'm with her no matter what she does now, but most fans are more fickle than that (and that's just the way the world works, and probably the way it should). She needs to find the way to wallop people in the emotions, because most relate to that more than to cerebral stuff. It's really all in the music and the performances.

Old 01-15-2012, 11:03 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

I have a feeling her new album will be much less "dark", and that the "dark" stuff to begin with was just playing a part to be consistent with the subject matter and sound of UEdS.

I think at first the style change bothered a lot of people because it was so jarring. She went straight from looking like a pop princess to this:

Her early looks, the MF-LB days, were Lolita-inspired and meticulously crafted by professionals to make the most of what I think is a universally irresistable quality: the youth and freshness of a teenage girl. It's only to be expected that as she gets older her appeal will change. I think the style we see in her facebook and twitter pictures from mid-2011 onwards is a good balance and suitable to her age. I hope she tries something similar in her future album and doesn't try to project any image other than her natural style. When she's being herself, I think it's easier to enjoy herself, and that will come through in her music and performances. They will be that much more enjoyable for us to listen to and watch that way.

As for tattoos, she has said that she loves them and each seems to be very personal for her. She has her reasons and I respect that. Even if I didn't, it doesn't bother me because it's her body, not mine.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 01-15-2012, 11:10 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well let's take for instance Lady Gaga. I think she's a very talented artist, but to be perfectly honest, she's not a very good looking woman. So for her video, "Caught in a bad romance", she needed a gimmick and that gimmick was lots of make up, lots of costumes.

The video did tremendously well. Over 400 million views. Now the main reason for it's success was it was a good song, had a catchy beat, and had a great video to go along with it. But if she hadn't resorted to the costumes and the make up, I'm sure it still would have done very well, but may have only had half the views, if that.

Can you imagine how well it would have done if she had the beauty of Alizee? It probably would have had about 2 billion views. It would have been a great hit either way, but the image can add so much to it.

Like I said before, it's the songs themselves that will determine how well Alizee's next album does, but the image can add an awful lot to that. If she becomes the blond tatoo lady, I'm sure I'll still like the music. But I will no longer go to the depths I did before to promote the incredibly beautiful young woman that I knew before, because I no longer believe people will be bowled over with the total beauty of the complete package.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:59 PM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
I have a feeling her new album will be much less "dark", and that the "dark" stuff to begin with was just playing a part to be consistent with the subject matter and sound of UEdS.
Agreed! And it would be hard to go much darker, anyway. right?

Quote:
Well let's take for instance Lady Gaga. I think she's a very talented artist, but to be perfectly honest, she's not a very good looking woman. So for her video, "Caught in a bad romance", she needed a gimmick and that gimmick was lots of make up, lots of costumes.

The video did tremendously well. Over 400 million views. Now the main reason for it's success was it was a good song, had a catchy beat, and had a great video to go along with it. But if she hadn't resorted to the costumes and the make up, I'm sure it still would have done very well, but may have only had half the views, if that.

Can you imagine how well it would have done if she had the beauty of Alizee? It probably would have had about 2 billion views. It would have been a great hit either way, but the image can add so much to it.
Scruffy, I totally agree with you about Lady Gaga. We may not particularly like her, but we still find something to admire. I respect how she's become such a success despite rather average looks. I'd almost say she proves Americans have grown beyond the superficiality of the past decades - except that she doesn't. Not quite. Like you say, the image can add so much to it, and at least half Gaga's success is attributable to her image, imho. Same, I think, for Madonna.

Quote:
Like I said before, it's the songs themselves that will determine how well Alizee's next album does, but the image can add an awful lot to that. If she becomes the blond tatoo lady, I'm sure I'll still like the music. But I will no longer go to the depths I did before to promote the incredibly beautiful young woman that I knew before, because I no longer believe people will be bowled over with the total beauty of the complete package.
Scruff, it would be a sad day indeed for this forum if your dedication were to diminish. Hang on a little longer. I know she'll bowl us all over again sometime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
As for tattoos, she has said that she loves them and each seems to be very personal for her. She has her reasons and I respect that. Even if I didn't, it doesn't bother me because it's her body, not mine.
Amen to that!