Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 07:14 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
Wow! A chance to meet her (again) and greet her "Joyeux anniversaire!" in person!

Very tempting!
Indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I could be there so easily if I could get someone to cover a couple of days for me at work.

I know many of us are quite familiar with Rue Fesch, but does anyone know the exact location?

Why only 5 days notice?
I think that this is her own doing, to an extent at least. She announced it herself via her Instagram account. I don't think it was announced anywhere else. So it seems to me to be something she is doing for the hardcore fans, who will make the effort to be there. I don't think she expects a large turnout.

I haven't figured out what the event actually is though.

I dunno... It just reminds me how kind she is to her fans and part of why I'm a fan in the first place.
Old 08-17-2013, 07:47 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Scruffydog could it be the Musee Fesch 50 Rue Fesch across the street from 37 Rue Fesch. (Google Street View address)

It is a square on Rue Fesch.

I know those streets in Ajaccio like the back off my hand ffs but I still couldn't say where that place actually is as I'm not good with names.

I found this article though.. seems like the place has been spruced up recently.

http://translate.google.co.uk/transl...80%26bih%3D823

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
So it seems to me to be something she is doing for the hardcore fans, who will make the effort to be there.
Well my only regret is that I won't be attending this special event, but that's mainly because I feel like I'm letting her down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
It just reminds me how kind she is to her fans and part of why I'm a fan in the first place.
Ditto!!!

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur

Last edited by Un-rêve; 08-17-2013 at 08:04 PM..
Old 08-17-2013, 07:54 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

The only thing I could find is a Church named San Ruchellu on Rue Fesch.

Histoire-patrimoine/Eglises-chapelles-et-couvents/Eglise-San-Ruchellu-a-Ajaccio
Old 08-18-2013, 12:08 AM
Last Fan Standing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
The only thing I could find is a Church named San Ruchellu on Rue Fesch.

Histoire-patrimoine/Eglises-chapelles-et-couvents/Eglise-San-Ruchellu-a-Ajaccio
I agree. I came up with "on the court of San Ruchelle" so I guess that means that little patio on the side. (?)

Also the translation I got for 'braderie" is rummage sale. She mentioned shopping so perhaps there is a flea market there or nearby. Also (?)
Old 08-18-2013, 03:03 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I looked into the possibility of making this trip last night and there are just too many ifs. The biggest one is trying to catch a flight from Orly airport in Paris after arriving at Charles de Galulle. I'd only have 3 hours and that's if I get into Paris on time. Then I have to hope I don't get caught up in Paris traffic.

The return trip is full of bigger ifs.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 08-18-2013 at 06:49 AM..
Old 08-18-2013, 05:21 PM

Upon further review; I've been looking into different possibilities to get around the obstacles I've been running into and I keep overcoming them one by one and now this is looking much more doable.

It'd be kind of costly for what would probably be a day and a half stay in Ajaccio, but when will something like this happen again? Plus it's a chance to see her in her home town? Could there be a possibility of her maybe singing one of two of her new songs? That would be priceless!

So nothing is in concrete yet, but all these ducks are starting to line up.

If I go, I was thinking of maybe getting a second batch of autographed cds. It would be too late to get them personalized, but maybe I could get her to sign them in a way that would set them apart such as something short so as not to inconvenience her, such as "From Ajaccio, Alizée".

I also have to think about what she is doing here. Is this just something to more or less thank her local fans and asking her to sign a bunch; 20 maybe for AAm, might go against why she's doing this. I could always play it by ear. Seeing how large a crowd shows up. Seeing if maybe I could pass a note to someone beforehand.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:34 PM
Last Fan Standing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
maybe I could get her to sign them in a way that would set them apart such as something short so as not to inconvenience her, such as "From Ajaccio, Alizée".
I'll take one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777
I also have to think about what she is doing here. Is this just something to more or less thank her local fans and asking her to sign a bunch; 20 maybe for AAm, might go against why she's doing this. I could always play it by ear. Seeing how large a crowd shows up. Seeing if maybe I could pass a note to someone beforehand.
You'd probably have to bring CDs with you. I don't know if you'd be able to get any there. I don't know who you'd be passing a note to either. I think this is all her doing. Maybe she'll bring that box of cards that she had one time and sign those?
Old 08-18-2013, 06:03 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

I think this is more of Alizée's way to bring some Euro spending bodies into Ajaccio. The French economy is limping on to be kind, and with close to 11% unemployment, not too many from the mainland are heading down to Corsica for vacation.

I posted a piece (Off Topic) pointing out how the French restaurant industry is on life support across the country.

Look at Scruffydog and what he is going through to get to Ajaccio for this event. If a few hundred fans do the same thing it may give the Ajaccian economy a small bump. Two hundred fans spending 200€ each would bring in an additional 40,000€ to the towns economy over that weekend.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:34 PM

In case there are no cds to sell there except from maybe local stores, I will bring some with me. I still have 7 new "5" and 4 new (still in the wrapper) MCE cds that I bought for promotional purposes. Again that's if I go.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:30 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

She only gave about 5 days notice. Sorry, but this is not a tourist lure (although she would probably be in a very friendly mood should others appear).

However, it is a great move on her part. She was just on Le Tour as a spokesperson for Ajaccio. This helps to solidify her new role in the eyes of her peers.

Tags
twitter