Woof !

Just a Guest is on a distinguished road

C'est ok.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:43 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizee=Czech-Princess! View Post
Its strange but despite never meeting her I think of her as more of a friend than anything else? (Anybody else get this feeling?)
Most definitely, it is how I feel too.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:32 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen
Ah, but this is what Psychédeclips is for, my friend! Record something and throw it up there--you interpreting one of her songs in your own style, perhaps. I'd say it's a pretty good bet she'd see it, if nothing else, and it would definitely put you one notch above a "collective fan". Believe me, if I had any musical talent whatsoever, it's what I'd be doing, but I couldn't carry a tune if it had EZ-grip handles on it. Heck, I suck at Guitar Hero...
I wonder if Alizée would like a 15 minute version of Mademoiselle Juliette, complete with a synth/sitar intro, an epic keyboard and an epic guitar solo, and...
Old 06-11-2008, 02:34 PM

Topaz is on a distinguished road

Euphoria, I am glad you recovered these links. My upload speed, how do you say it/. Sucks.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:39 PM
¿What color is my soul?

DesertFox is on a distinguished road

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SOME ONE PLZ LOCK THIS THREAD! No point going on, Mexico concerts are GREAT!

Thanks.
P.S.- Thanks for making a difference
Old 09-20-2009, 07:54 PM
Century old child!

wildfire is on a distinguished road

here's a montage of her mexican performance...

I don't mind the re-interpretations of her older songs.... she still has her spunk... and nose scrunches!

...and I wish this was available as a proper DVD so we can all watch it as it was meant to be watched...

however what I liked about her "En Concert" DVD was her up there with her entourage of dancers and back up singers.. she had such chemistry with them.. I luv that DVD.. I even prefer the song in the live version... She really seemed like a performer with her possee...

Ironically, Psychadelices would have been an interesting album to offer a mix of back up singer/dancers AND the more intimate performance she gave,,

However, it was a personal album for her and perhaps when looked back, folks will see this as a performance that was more personal. I do luv the harlequin stuff.. very "french"... but like I said without a DVD to watch you miss most of their performances and nuances...

good luck to either way...
Old 09-20-2009, 08:05 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Hehe.
Tis the age of Necromancers.
Wasabi, Fall, and wildfire, you are discovering goldmines and coalmines all at the same time.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:11 PM

IncliningPizza is on a distinguished road

My favorite song off of Psychédélices is and always will be Par Les Paupières. Her voice has never sounded more magical on any song that she has ever done. That's just me, I don't know about the rest of you.

But if you see any of the performances of Par Les Paupieres in 2008, you'll notice - especially during the chorus - that she can't hit those notes.

I mean, I know that she uses a lot of technical work to make her voice sound the best it can, but when you realize that she can't hit certain notes when she performs, it's depressing. And you wonder where that voice went back when she was 19.

By the way, in terms of her moving around on stage, I completely agree. She doesn't have to dance if she doesn't want to. I don't even care about her outfits either. She can still wear that ridiculous coat that she wears during most of her performances, and I'll still call it more angelic than ice cream on the hottest day. I don't care!

Just move with the music!

If you want to sit like the thinker statue, and let a bunch of interpretive dancer clowns do the robot, I'm not happy. We're here for her! I want to see Alizée jumping up and down to Mademoiselle Juliette, and I want to headbang harder than the most hardcore AC/DC fan listening to Thunderstruck!

Who agrees? I mean, JEEZ! She danced more in that video of her singing Ma Prière by Axelle Red when she was 15 years old, then she does now!
Old 09-20-2009, 09:47 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I've thought about it a long time and I have to agree. In my opinion, PLP is not only the best song on Psych, but I think it could give any of her previous "best" songs a serious challenge. I think PLP comes about as close to perfect as you can get for an Alizée song and should have been the third single.

My first 2 choices for singles on Psych were Fifty Sixty and Lillytown. Fifty Sixty just sounds like a single to me and Lillytown seemed to be fun, energetic and well liked by most people.

As far as live singing goes, I think Alizée has a narrow band of air pressure where her voice works well. It's easy for her to stay in that band in the studio environment. Live, she has to project more and she slips out of that band and her vocal chords go a little nuts on her. For the most part, I accept this about her. That's how her voice box is constructed. If it was any different she would sound different on her albums and we would lose the voice we know and love. Having said that, I know with practice and hard work she has done better live singing in the past. I hope she's been working a bit harder on it this time around.
Old 09-20-2009, 10:17 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire View Post
here's a montage of her mexican performance...

interesting stage setup.. she has like a bedroom setup?

cute how she moves around the bed and desk and such.
very different performance than the one on En Concert for sure!

almost like different artists..