Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 06-22-2009, 12:58 PM
International Fan

Jess is on a distinguished road

Yes, please share your experience with us Nikita... Are you a member of any Mylene Farmer Forums ??

Here's a little fan made video of Degeneration, but it will only make sense if you've watched the original...
<object width="720" height="540">

<embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=5267785&server=vimeo.com&sho w_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=00AD EF&fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="720" height="540"></object>
Degeneration In Metropolis from Jessmonde on Vimeo.

Paix, Amour et Musique ☮ ♥ ♫ http://www.international-music-videos.com

Old 06-24-2009, 11:44 AM
Weird Member

Nikita is on a distinguished road

Ok, so I'd just written like 5 pages about my trip.
Thinking all the time, must remember to save the text, incase something screws up.

Decide to embed a few pictures, preview post to see if the embed code was correct.
Didn't save text.

Got logged out.
Text = GONE.

*facepalm*
Old 06-24-2009, 03:25 PM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikita View Post
Ok, so I'd just written like 5 pages about my trip.
Thinking all the time, must remember to save the text, incase something screws up.

Decide to embed a few pictures, preview post to see if the embed code was correct.
Didn't save text.

Got logged out.
Text = GONE.

*facepalm*
Ughhh, that's a shame.

I've had that happen to me before on different forums, and I always wonder why there doesn't exist some kind of guard against this problem.

Old 06-30-2009, 01:22 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toc De Mac View Post
Ughhh, that's a shame.

I've had that happen to me before on different forums, and I always wonder why there doesn't exist some kind of guard against this problem.
Uhg! Yes, happened to me too, though not that much stuff. Save it somewhere else first and then copy in. But be careful about using Microsoft Word. When you copy it, you get all kinds of tags along with it that usually screw up your post. So yes, use good ol' notepad or something.

Merci Fanny
Old 07-01-2009, 06:12 AM
Weird Member

Ugh indeed!

Anyway, I'm over it now, started writing in notepad. ^^
I'll post it all soon.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:05 PM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikita View Post
Ugh indeed!

Anyway, I'm over it now, started writing in notepad. ^^
I'll post it all soon.
Thanks for re-writing it for us, I look forward to reading about your experience.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!
Old 07-05-2009, 06:46 AM
Weird Member

Okay, so I don't really know when I first got hooked on Mylene.
I don't have like a special date when I had that "wow-experience".
Kate Ryan's covers on Desenchantee and Libertine have been played violently in Sweden, so I knew those.

I guess that I'd read about Mylene in Alizee interviews, and gotten curious, because she seemed like such an important person that everyone knew of (although in Sweden= 0 people, which made it even more interesting).

I looked up a couple of videos on Youtube, and noticed that she wasn't only amazingly beautiful, she also had really good technique when it came to singing and dancing at the same time, controlling her voice and dividing breath.
As I study musical in school, I've learnt how difficult that is, and how much skill it takes.
Also about expressions, she's never boring to look at.
To make a song come alive, you have to know what you're singing about, have the little story ready there in your head.

I saw all that in her, along with her ability to make a tremendously good show, the professional sets, and her lyrics.
I really wish that I knew French better, so that I could understand more.

Anyway, I started looking up the tourdates, trying to find a date where I could go and see her, and I found the 17th of June, in Amneville.
I had no idea where Amneville was, just that the 17th was two days after school finished, so I was free.

I started looking at all the expensives, (with emphasis on EXPENSIVE)
and I came to the conclusion that if I worked some extra hours, sold some stuff on eBay, and went easy on food and stuff, I'd have enough money to go.

My dear mother, however, wouldn't let me travel alone, so she just said: "France eh? Fun, I'm coming with you!"

Next thing I knew, it was Tuesday, 12:03 and we were sitting on the bus into town. From there we got a train to Copenhagen, got on the plane to Luxembourg, got the bus in to the central, and got a train to Hagondange.

There we were, outside the railwaystation, wondering how on earth to get a taxi. It was a really sleepy place, it reminded me of Sandford in Hot Fuzz. :P
We stood there for a while, until I went back in to the station and made my first attempt at French contact, and managed to get a card with some phonenumbers to taxicompanies.
I went back outside, triumphantly, only to see this, like three meters to the left of where we were standing.

And of course it matched the number on my card...

We got a taxi, and arrived at our hotel in Amneville.
Unpack, prepare for the big day, and crash to sleep in the hotel beds.

WEDNESDAY:
We woke up decently early, had breakfast, and went out to explore the wonders of Amneville.
It was odd, like an entire little artificial village, built only with the purpose to entertain.
We decided to walk up to the concert hall, Galaxie, just to see what it looked like.
It was about 12 in the morning, and people were queuing in the blazing sun, with tents and umbrellas to protect them.
My mother looked utterly shocked and asked me if I really wanted to do this?
I said yes but no, not in these clothes. (I'd dressed wayyy to warm, used to the Swedish summerweather... )
So, we went back to the hotel, I changed in to the coolest clothes I could find, and found - entirely by chance - an umbrella in my handbag.

Then we made our way to a MacDonalds, and stocked up with some takeaway salads, and I ate a fishburger for the first time in my life, and it was surprisingly good.
I wished for a short moment though, that I wasn't a vegetarian.
Because then I could have said, that I've eaten, a ROYALE WITH CHEESE.

I went back to Galaxie, and found a space in semi-shade.
Stuck my umbrella down in the gravel (ouch), kicked off my shoes and laid down.

After about ten minutes, I got bored and looking back, I honestly don't understand how I survived 7 hours of that.
Here's a picture of what it looked like:

I enjoyed trying to understand other peoples conversations, and listening around, watching people and stuff.
There were however those who got reeeeaally badly sunburnt, I feel so bad for them.

The gates opened at about 18:00 I think, and everybody got their bodies and bags searched.
I didn't think of the fact that I had two waterbottles and a Coke in my bag, which the guard pointed out to me and I just wanted to GET IN (I was kinda clogging up the queue.. :P), so I decided to just leave them at the gates.

BAD IDEA!
Everyone rushed into the concerthall, and it was a complete SAUNA.
On the end of the stage, yellow and orange lights were directed up towards the ceiling, creating a curtain of light. Really cool, but extremely warm.
They were selling... - uhm. I don't know what they are called. Those paperthings that you flap in front of your face? ^^ - with pictures of Mylene on, and they must have made good profit, loads of people had them, which made the heat more bareable.

However, some people were using them to disguise their smoking, which made me really annoyed, because I'd been subjected to secondhand smoking, like nonstop outside, and I was glad to finally get some "fresh" air, but beh..

The show started around 21:20, so twenty minutes late.
I'm not sure if I should describe it, I wouldn't want to ruin it for those of you who are going to see the show.
If your are curious, it's easy to find on Youtube.

Anyway.
The show was amazing and so professional.
She used a lot of props on stage, and films projected on large screens behind her. She also had a lot of dancers, which did a great job.

I don't really know what to say.
I did a great deal of crying during the concert.
Not a lot of people can make me cry just by being, but she can, it was so special.
She just generated so much energy, joy and honesty.

They were superstrict about photos, security started yelling at you the moment you even put your phone up,
so I haven't any photos of the concert.
It's all saved in my heart though. ^^

That trip was the best thing I've ever done, and hopefully I'll survive this next month economically. :P
I'd love to see her at Stade de France on her birthday, to those of you who are going, I wish you a great great show!
Old 07-05-2009, 10:30 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Nikita, thank you so much for sharing your experiences with us. It is a great story and well written.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:02 PM

Luc is on a distinguished road

Thank you for your vivid report Nikita. I know better now what to expect when I go to the concert at Stade de France
Old 07-06-2009, 07:55 PM
International Fan

Jess is on a distinguished road

Thanks Nikita for sharing you personal experience with us...

Here's a few treats for anyone who also enjoys Mylene Farmer: These are fan made single covers found at Farmer Addict, posted by Diceyuk at MFI.

These are remixes also fan made, I'm including the link for anyone interested. They also have other artist remixes including Alizée...
http://www.remyxes.com/compiles.htm http://www.remyxes.com/remixes.htm http://www.remyxes.com/Backbone.htm

And if you want HD videos of Mylene Farmer no better place to get them from then from Spirits website Innamoramento:
http://www.innamoramento.net/index.php?i=videos http://www.innamoramento.net/index.php?i=videos

Paix, Amour et Musique ☮ ♥ ♫ http://www.international-music-videos.com